Options

Cheryl back on X Factor..

Comments

• Options
    soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    The coverage in the newspapers with all the made up nonsense surrounding her and Simon's relatonship is nothing short of pathetic.

I agree-the Mirror(?) yesterday made me want to vomit :(
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As they were when Sharon Osbourne used to be on.

As another poster said above, it feels like they're moving backwards not moving forward.

ITV probably think that by Cheryl returning, this might bring the viewers back who watched the show because she was on the panel. They might be right in thinking this. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was an article on the DM website that said the only reason she's returning is because her star is on the wane. I can't seem to find it now though :confused:

Put it this way if music was her priority she would not need to use X Factor to boost it back up again ..... to me it comes more across as if X Factor is the only way she will get what she wants #1's, then have a couple songs out and then disappear (its a vicious circle)

This will probably be the year she is actually never off our screens :o
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    Put it this way if music was her priority she would not need to use X Factor to boost it back up again ..... to me it comes more across as if X Factor is the only way she will get what she wants #1's, then have a couple songs out and then disappear (its a vicious circle)

Oh yeah definitely. She's only using the X Factor for her solo career again. Being on prime time TV every Saturday night and having the press saying how wonderful her dress sense is going to boost music sales (from Cheryl's music company's point of view, that is)...though it didn't work for Tulisa, did it? ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh god I do hope not. :o And 2014 started off so well. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Oh yeah definitely. She's only using the X Factor for her solo career again. Being on prime time TV every Saturday night and having the press saying how wonderful her dress sense is going to boost music sales (from Cheryl's music company's point of view, that is)...though it didn't work for Tulisa, did it? ;-)

I presume so ... who is Tulisa??? :D, yeah and look how the press turned against her was it for drugs??, Press will make out again the nations sweetheart thing again, get bored of her then boo her off again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MJS wrote: »
    Oh god I do hope not. :o And 2014 started off so well. :D

She be telling all the ladies "therr worth it pet" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    The way the press are talking you'd be forgiven for thinking Jesus had risen again, and had announced that we are the fifth judge. The fourth being God. Although Simon would probably collapse in shock, he had always assumed himself to be The Lord and Saviour.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soullover wrote: »
    I agree-the Mirror(?) yesterday made me want to vomit :(

It's The Sun who are shooting their load about Cheryl's return.

Dan Wootton must think that he has died and gone to heaven!
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Why can't we have a showbiz reporter who has the power to tell it like it is, her career has gone the pan and it was Splash or the X-Factor.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cheryl-cole-x-factor-return-3230200

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cheryl-coles-x-factor-return-3230039

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2578705/Can-Cheryls-return-save-X-Factor-fading-career.html

To be honest, there has been a real mixed bag of press for this. The Mirror and DM in particular posted quite catty articles about her returning. (see above)

Whilst I don't agree that she's the answer to all of XF problems, I really don't think she deserves some of the press she's receiving. It's not a surprise Cowell has asked her back as she was popular the first time round.

To be honest, I think some of the negative press may be due to a general weariness towards Cowell and his PR machine more than anything
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    This is our new Slendermen Lyric Video Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmpUw9dRoOo&sns=em
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very surprised that Polly Hudson has written a negative piece about Cheryl and Simon as in the past she was so far up both of their behinds she rarely saw daylight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way the press are talking you'd be forgiven for thinking Jesus had risen again, and had announced that we are the fifth judge. The fourth being God. Although Simon would probably collapse in shock, he had always assumed himself to be The Lord and Saviour.

The media's fawning over Cheryl has always been ridiculously disproportionate. Yes, she's a pretty young woman but that's about it really. I have never understood the obsession.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    , there has been a real mixed bag of press for this. The Mirror and DM in particular posted quite catty articles about her returning. (see above)

Whilst I don't agree that she's the answer to all of XF problems, I really don't think she deserves some of the press she's receiving. It's not a surprise Cowell has asked her back as she was popular the first time round.

To be honest, I think some of the negative press may be due to a general weariness towards Cowell and his PR machine more than anything

Yeah, I don't think she deserves being raked over the coals for going back or anything. On a personal level I'm disappointed because I thought by not returning she was standing by some sort of principal but at the end of the day it's entirely up to her what she does with her life. Whether it's negative or positive comments from the media my main bewilderment is how someone who is as mediocre as Cheryl attracts so much attention either way. It's as if there are no other beautiful women in the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think she deserves being raked over the coals for going back or anything. On a personal level I'm disappointed because I thought by not returning she was standing by some sort of principal but at the end of the day it's entirely up to her what she does with her life. Whether it's negative or positive comments from the media my main bewilderment is how someone who is as mediocre as Cheryl attracts so much attention either way. It's as if there are no other beautiful women in the world.

I'd definitely not call Cheryl mediocre but yeah, she's not THE most beautiful lass in the world. There will be other women out there that have better looks than her. Cheryl's got striking eyes though. I do think she's a very good looking lass.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cheryl-cole-x-factor-return-3230200

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cheryl-coles-x-factor-return-3230039

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2578705/Can-Cheryls-return-save-X-Factor-fading-career.html

To be honest, there has been a real mixed bag of press for this. The Mirror and DM in particular posted quite catty articles about her returning. (see above)

Good lord, I am not Cheryl's biggest fan. However, Simon does come across as pathetic in that daily mail article, making 2,000 calls:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'd definitely not call Cheryl mediocre.

As far as I'm concerned her music is the very definition of mediocre, with some of it being downright painful such as Fight For This Love. Cheryl is proof that a little beauty goes a long way. She would have never kept her fame going based on her music alone.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned her music is the very definition of mediocre, with some of it being downright painful such as Fight For This Love. Cheryl is proof that a little beauty goes a long way. She would have never kept her fame going based on her music alone.

She is the very definition of mediocre.

Yes, a very pretty woman indeed; so what? Pretty women in showbusiness are 10 a penny. Take away the autotune and there is very little talent there at all. Her personality hardly sets the world on fire either. Her XFactor critiques consist of phrases such as 'I really liked it' or 'you're reet up my street'. The way the Press laud over her you'd think she was the reincarnation of Princess Diana. She is simply a young woman who was in the right place at the right time and who through sheer determination and having a pretty face has had a degree of success. Her talent is minimal at best.

Fair play to her though.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The X Factor should have put someone who has longevity - Tina Turner, Cher, Susi Quatro who are still recognisable names after 40-50 years. Cheryl is not anywhere near their league. I feel she's only using the show to get popular again and be noticed. Simon Cowell too, for that matter. Remains to be seen if the show can beat Strictly Come Dancing, which has thrashed it for the last few years in the ratings.

ITV are desperately worried.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    The X Factor should have put someone who has longevity - Tina Turner, Cher, Susi Quatro who are still recognisable names after 40-50 years. Cheryl is not anywhere near their league. I feel she's only using the show to get popular again and be noticed. Simon Cowell too, for that matter. Remains to be seen if the show can beat Strictly Come Dancing, which has thrashed it for the last few years in the ratings.

To be fair though, these are hardly stars that are indicative of the ethos of the show. Most XFactor 'stars' disappear fairly quickly and are as disposable as the average bic razor. Yes, there are exceptions - Leona etc - but generally they have a VERY short shelf life. People with real credibility wouldn't be seen dead judging this dross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »

ITV will put on the panel whoever they think will up the viewing figures. I also doubt that the singers you mentioned will be recognisable a lot of young people out there. If a lot of the viewers for this show are young people, what's the point of putting singers on the panel who the young viewers don't even recognise? Besides, it's all about the young ones lusting after the female judges. ITV are using 'sex' to try and sell the show. Tulisa, Cheryl, Nicole....they're all very good looking lasses. The show's all about what they think will sell to their audience, which is looks, mainly. The X Factor's never going to be a show that's all about the talent, but a show that they try and sell to their mostly young/ish audience. There's been plenty of contestants with genuine talent that have been unfairly rejected for someone of lesser talent that had better looks.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she fallen out of favour with The Mirror or something...? Another day and more negativity... I'm not sure the constant references to her third album not selling so well will go down well with her team. I might not be a big fan ( but I loved Girls Aloud), but she's not totally down and out. :blush:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cheryl-cole-career-slumped-tattooed-3234981

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/simon-cowell-cheryl-cole-x-3238358

I'd love to see an older popstar on the panel - perhaps someone who was successful in the 80s. I know they keep mentioning Olly but I'm not sure he'd be a convincing mentor (as likeable as he is). Maybe a member of Duran Duran or something ;-)
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That sounds absolutely terrifying :(
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    ITV will put on the panel whoever they think will up the viewing figures. I also doubt that the singers you mentioned will be recognisable a lot of young people out there. If a lot of the viewers for this show are young people, what's the point of putting singers on the panel who the young viewers don't even recognise? Besides, it's all about the young ones lusting after the female judges. ITV are using 'sex' to try and sell the show. Tulisa, Cheryl, Nicole....they're all very good looking lasses. The show's all about what they think will sell to their audience, which is looks, mainly. The X Factor's never going to be a show that's all about the talent, but a show that they try and sell to their mostly young/ish audience. There's been plenty of contestants with genuine talent that have been unfairly rejected for someone of lesser talent that had better looks.

Good. So we can agree that it's a shit show with mainly rubbish panelists who put getting a few inches of headlines for themselves way above integrity and supporting actual talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Good. So we can agree that it's a shit show with mainly rubbish panelists who put getting a few inches of headlines for themselves way above integrity and supporting actual talent.

It might be unfair some of the time but I still enjoy watching it sometimes.