Signs that you might be getting old.

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    when a grandchild declares that nannies can`t help it because they`re old and they can`t control themselves.

two issues with that - i`m his only nanny and i`m 56.

edit:

given the context of the thread i will just mention it`s my laugh i can`t control, not my bladder. yet.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    When you buy a sports car and nobody accuses you of having a mid-life crisis ... because you're past that stage! :o

When you download an album and remember that you once had it on cassette.

You can't remember what you did the previous evening, but you didn't get drunk.

When someone talks about "wireless" and you immediately think of a radio.

When your first phone number had four digits ... and you can remember it ... but you don't have a clue what your current one is. :blush:

When you read that the price of a second class stamp has gone up to 54p and you think "That's over ten shillings!" :D
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure many will say that finding there first grey hair or women might say having there first hot flush is the first sign of getting old
    Forum Member
    :osome of us have hot flushes all our reproductively active life :o
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :osome of us have hot flushes all our reproductively active life :o

Shows what I know I thought they only happened at perimenopause
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Shows what I know I thought they only happened at perimenopause

if only :D
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Have you ever found your purse in the fridge? :D

I've found the remote for the telly in the fridge, that was after trying to change channels with the phone ;-)
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you think "How would I paint the skirtings now - even if manage to get down without too much pain I don't know if I'd get back up again".

When you see someone running around and you feel jealous.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    when you go to put the milk in the cupboard and the coffee in the fridge lol

or porridge oats in the dog bowl :blush:
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you realise that you are calling what everyone else calls an album, an L.P.

When a young person wants to know what you mean by saying you are going to the pictures.
    Forum Member
    two days turning everything out for my phone looking behind furniture and all sorts to find it on the printer in arms reach just to my left obscured by a sheet of a4. not even a pile.
    Forum Member
    when your grandchild asks if you were in the war and they mean ww1.

one wanted to know what dinosaurs are like in the flesh.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found the remote for the telly in the fridge, that was after trying to change channels with the phone ;-)

I've tried to answer my mobile with the remote control more than once. :blush:

Also when I get down on my knees to do something I look around to see if there is anything else to do whilst I'm down there. :blush:

Btw I'm 'over 21' and that's all you're getting. :D:D

This thread is a joy.:D
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never going out anywhere without a pair of tweezers because those bloody bristles appear within 5 minutes. You run your fingers over your chin and you can feel the little blighter and just HAVE to blindly make a stab at plucking it
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    When you're filling in a form online that asks you for your DOB & it takes forever for you to scroll to the year you were born.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ I was going to mention that! Also, buying alcohol at the checkout - they don't ask your age any more. :(
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I struggle to stay awake after 9pm, even if when I go to bed I still can't aleep for many hours.

That doesn't sound old, that sounds like a health condition.
  • 1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you make the Ufff noise when trying to get out of the chair.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When your nine-year-old doesn't know how to use a rotary dial telephone.

When you start tutting under breath at how teenagers dress these days.

When you spot a potato and mimic the Smash robots' laughing, only adults over 35 get the joke.

When you realise Sean Connery is 84 years old.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »

When your grandson comes to visit you, and he tells you he's going for a pint with his mates, plus when did he grow a beard :o.

I felt like that when my son (who works away from home) came back one weekend with a beard - he shouldn't be able to grow one at his age. Oh actually he should, he's 24!

When you're left behind by technology. I do have an i-pod but my kids have to put the music on it for me.
    When I want to record something using Sky+ I call it "videoing"
    My husband still works things out in inches, pounds and shillings. Luckily I started school the year of decimalisation so don't have that problem.

(I'm 48 btw) - just had to calculate that - I forget my age but I always remember the year I was born so can work it out!
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    When your nine-year-old doesn't know how to use a rotary dial telephone.

I don't think 25 year olds would have a clue either. ;-)
  • *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the saying "Growing old disgracefully" becomes a viable option.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I woke up one morning..........reached for my glasses and they weren't there !......

searched round the bedside table, on the floor, under the bed, couldn't find them

they were in the airing cupboard.........:confused:
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When reading through posts in the latest "you know you're getting old" thread and seeing others post what you posted years ago. (Not a dig at repetitiveness or at anyone, but a genuine sign of feeling older)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    when you're planning on going for a walk (London) and you plan your route to go from home to public toilet to public toilet to public toilet to home