amelia lily shut up and give me whatever you got released january 13th

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fallen to #12 on itunes (Conor Maynard at #11)

I thought it'd easily be top ten, disappointing. :(
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jordannn! wrote: »

Yes I noticed very dissapointing
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are two different versions of Connor Maynard's track in the i-Tunes chart if you add them together he has been higher than Amelia Lily since lunchtime yesterday, so short of a miracle she is not going to chart above him.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

It's still premature. It's only been 2 days, and the Vevo adverts have only just started. She needs some more promo though otherwise the single's not going anywhere...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    She's top 10 in the midweeks :)
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just goes to show the difference that support from Capital makes. With it, she got a number one single, without it she's only just making the top 10. With that said, I don't think the song is as strong as her first one but I can't understand why Capital haven't playlisted it. They playlist weaker songs than this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    They should of reduced it to 59p that would of pushed it up to the top 5
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    She's top 10 in the midweeks :)

Where can we find this?

Also does anyone know if she has anymore promo lined up besides the Vevo ads?

Btw she's now closing the gap between her single and Pitbull and JA singles, so she might get there! As soon as she hits the 10th spot on itunes, it will help her out so much.
    Forum Member
    Where can we find this?

Also does anyone know if she has anymore promo lined up besides the Vevo ads?

Btw she's now closing the gap between her single and Pitbull and JA singles, so she might get there! As soon as she hits the 10th spot on itunes, it will help her out so much.

Buzzjack forum :)
    http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=149746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amelia is at 9 in the midweek chart update which is good news.

Number 7 in smash hits top 10 of the day.

Still potential for top 5 yet
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this song gets the top 5 placing it deserves.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Amelia is at 9 in the midweek chart update which is good news.

Number 7 in smash hits top 10 of the day.

Still potential for top 5 yet

I'm really worried she should have had some promo lined up for this week :(
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a crap song.
    Forum Member
    Such a crap song.

Despite the snub from Capital Amelia is managing to get into the top 10 with a 'crap song'...says a lot doesn't it. ;)
    Forum Member
    Are there any physical copy for the single? If not then it must be selling LOADS on other websites since on iTunes it's never got into the top 10 but being at #9 in midweeks is amazing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Despite the snub from Capital Amelia is managing to get into the top 10 with a 'crap song'...says a lot doesn't it. ;)

So you think that every song in the top 10 is good?

It doesn't matter where a song charts, it can still be absolute garbage.

They have taken everything that was good and unique about Amelia, and ruined it completely. This song is so generic and it sounds like just about everything else out there.

Looks like Misha B is the only one from X Factor 2011 that has managed to improve her chart position with her second single, something i didn't expect to be saying.
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a crap song.

It's a great song and it's a lot better than YBMJ, now that was abysmal. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    It's a great song and it's a lot better than YBMJ, now that was abysmal. :yawn:

YBMJ was absolutely horrendous!

I still stand by what i said - Shut Up (And Give Me Whatever You Got) is crap.
    Forum Member
    Fallen to #13 on iTunes! It infuriates me! How is that stupid boy band beating her without any promo?
    Forum Member

They have taken everything that was good and unique about Amelia, and ruined it completely. This song is so generic and it sounds like just about everything else out there.

Looks like Misha B is the only one from X Factor 2011 that has managed to improve her chart position with her second single, something i didn't expect to be saying.

No I don't actually but in comparison to everything else in the top 10 right now this is by a mile better. It's an opinion :)

When Misha gets a top five hit then I will try to take your comment seriously. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Would that be misha b chart positions 11 and 9 so far compared to Amelia's 2 and higher than 9 this week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    No I don't actually but in comparison to everything else in the top 10 right now this is by a mile better. It's an opinion :)

When Misha gets a top five hit then I will try to take your comment seriously. :)

Misha doesn't need to have a top 5 hit. Its a fact - she is the only 2011 contestant to improve on her debut single chart-wise.

Also - YBMJ was supported heavily by Capitol - Do You Think Of Me (Misha B) was not. Lets see if Amelia can still manage top 10 with the same radio support as Misha.
    Forum Member

Lol well that's not exactly difficult is it when your first single didn't even chart in the top 10. Amelia's first single got to #2, for her 2nd single to top that she WILL have to be #1 and that's much difficult than say, getting your 2nd single higher than #11.

Misha doesn't need to have a top 5 hit. Its a fact - she is the only 2011 contestant to improve on her debut single chart-wise.

Also - YBMJ was supported heavily by Capitol - Do You Think Of Me (Misha B) was not. Lets see if Amelia can still manage top 10 with the same radio support as Misha.

Again, she's the only one who didn't debut in the top 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Would that be misha b chart positions 11 and 9 so far compared to Amelia's 2 and higher than 9 this week

Yep. Again - Misha is the only contestant to improve on her debut single chart-wise :)

Back on topic. This song is simply not good enough, if it was, it would be in the top 10 by the end of the week, and that will not be happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Lol well that's not exactly difficult is it when your first single didn't even chart in the top 10. Amelia's first single got to #2, for her 2nd single to top that she WILL have to be #1 and that's much difficult than say, getting your 2nd single higher than #11.

I completely agree with you. So...lets compare the two second singles.

Misha got to 4 on itunes (at the peak) with LESS radio play than Amelia. Amelia has peaked at 11 so far.

It's all down to the material. She needs to get BETTER songs out there. This one sounds like everything else in the charts right now which is why it isn't selling well.