Options

Sky broadband regulary going down at midnight

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,709
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A few times every couple of weeks I get an outage from
About mid night right up until next day. Anybody else had this? Says Internet currently not available with an orange light.

Just to confirm on the unlimited package.

(Having to post this message via my phone)

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,598
    Forum Member
    Most likely cause is local OpenReach problems - they have big problems with poor quality underground cabling.
  • Options
    pavierpavier Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure but...
    If the orange light is flashing then the modem is trying to establish a connection with the exchange and there is a problem between your home and exchange. If the orange light is solid then the modem has established a connection with the exchange and the problem lies with establishing a connection with Sky's equipment. If you go into the modem's home page it would say "server is down".

You should call Sky and explain the situation. A solid orange light should mean they don't get you to waste your time checking filters, test sockets etc as the problem will be at their end.
  • Options
    LFCKEV71LFCKEV71 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    the last 3or4 day my DL speed has drop to 0.3mb at 5pm and 9pm it should be 14mb:mad:
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LFCKEV71 wrote: »
    the last 3or4 day my DL speed has drop to 0.3mb at 5pm and 9pm it should be 14mb:mad:
    What package are you on? Connect is known to be horrible at peak times.
  • Options
    LFCKEV71LFCKEV71 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    What package are you on? Connect is known to be horrible at peak times.

the broadband is unlimited
  • Options
    ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few times every couple of weeks I get an outage from
    About mid night right up until next day. Anybody else had this? Says Internet currently not available with an orange light.

Just to confirm on the unlimited package.

(Having to post this message via my phone)

Funnily enough mine went haywire at 1am this morning, status on the Sky Box said home network OK, but under service it stated fail.

The router was flashing like a Xmas tree to say data was being uploaded/downloaded, but mobile, tablet, Sky box and Smart TV could not get online. Lasted about an hour.
  • Options
    spoonsspoons Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    My broadband is not working in the Exmouth area time is 0100 16 jan.
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on unlimited broadband too and for the last week from about 11pm onwards, it keeps dropping out, sometimes for short periods, sometimes for longer, and once all night. It's only recently this has happened, it was fine before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    greengran wrote: »
    I'm on unlimited broadband too and for the last week from about 11pm onwards, it keeps dropping out, sometimes for short periods, sometimes for longer, and once all night. It's only recently this has happened, it was fine before.

I have had the same problem in SK5 - Stockport area.
    I usually get a shade under 6mb download on unLTD but the other night it suddenly started going so slow. I tried a speedtest and it could not even find the local server to check!
    I did a router re boot and all seemed fine after that.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky have admitted they have problems on some exchanges, you can put your postcode into here and check to see if you are affected

http://servicestatus.sky.com/serviceupdates
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the Sky forums it appears that many of the recent disconnection faults in the evenings are not due to the exchanges or increased traffic....

...but down to a new firmware update that recently rolled out for the black/silver Sagem router.

Sky won't even reply to or acknowledge the problem on their forums (even when directly asked) but there are lots of complaints about it which all seem to coincide with the update.

They just point people to the usual tests to try out....and are completely ignoring questions in regards to the dodgy firmware.
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,446
    Forum Member
    I'm now getting these dropouts. Masively infuriating.

The speed isn't slowing down, it's just 'dropping out'.

I'm getting the 'Sky Broadband cannot establish a connection' page. Always in the evenings.

Any thoughts guys? Or could it just be the dodgy firmware mentioned above?

It only lasts for about 20-30 seconds a time, and then it comes back. It happens every fifteen minutes or so.
  • Options
    archie2000archie2000 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    For several weeks now I have been suffering with lost connection several times a day. I either have to reboot or reset the router. It's connected to the master socket.
  • Options
    John TudorJohn Tudor Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Ive been having the same problem for one week now. I was on the phone to them practically all afternoon on Saturday, the guy said he had 'fixed' the problem but would call back Sunday, which he did. I told him the problem still continues. He then put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back and said that he had had a word with the 'advanced technical guys' and told me that the data was coming to my router too fast for it to handle I tried not to laugh. But then he said they had fixed it. No they havnt
    I have threatened to cancel ALL my sky subscriptions, tv, phone and broadband unless they send me a Sky Hub and not this sagem router. This is the second Sagem router in 12 months, the other one just stopped receiving a connection [solid red connection light]
    I will ring again tomorrow
  • Options
    John TudorJohn Tudor Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Rang Sky again this morning, asked for a non sagem router to be sent, refused. Asked to be put through to Cancelations, who agreed to send me a Grade A router. She then said "we have a brand new Sky Hub . . . . which will cost you £60" I just managed not to swear at her and said if this grade A router is a Sagem, I will be ringing Cancelations for one final time
    So, I will see what router they send me