Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,973
    Forum Member
    Never met her myself but I can imagine her to be a right brat this proves it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5BgTfzV1b8

What a colossal pain in the backside. God only knows what she's like when the camera's not rolling.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never met her myself but I can imagine her to be a right brat this proves it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5BgTfzV1b8

Not particularly a fan of Cheryl, but I could see her point in that clip :p It did seem a bit daft for the ones dong a radio interview to be all dressed up, and her to be doing a T.V interview dressed down. She must have felt like a kid in school who turns up in uniform on non-uniform day :D
    Plus, I don't think she was acting like a b*tch or getting bratty, she just couldn't understand what was going on. I do love the way Cheryl is ranting away to Nadine as they're walking down the corridor, and Nadine is just casually strolling along completely oblivious without a care in the world :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Not particularly a fan of Cheryl, but I could see her point in that clip :p It did seem a bit daft for the ones dong a radio interview to be all dressed up, and her to be doing a T.V interview dressed down. She must have felt like a kid in school who turns up in uniform on non-uniform day :D
    Plus, I don't think she was acting like a b*tch or getting bratty, she just couldn't understand what was going on. I do love the way Cheryl is ranting away to Nadine as they're walking down the corridor, and Nadine is just casually strolling along completely oblivious without a care in the world :D

You can tell Nadine gets annoyed with her but Cheryl looked nice anyway she was a brat in a few episodes.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    After that video i now totally believe people who said Tracy Flick was more like the real Reese Witherspoon, not Elle Woods.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the op said it but the first one and only one that comes to my head is Anthony Cotton as id actually come on here to say his name but the op beat me to it! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I heard a story about "Our Cilla" about 30 years ago. A friend of mine and his girlfriend were in the theatre in the West End and Cilla decided she wanted his seat as she decided it was better than hers. She actually stood there and demanded he swap! The manager had to intervene and politely insisted that she could not do this.

At the time I took the story with a pinch of salt and have long lost touch with my friend, but reading this thread I now believe every word he said, I just wish I could remember more details now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I can't remember if I posted this :o

Prince Charles - very nice guy apparently, my dad was surprised. PC still sends xmas cards.
    Bill Clinton - sister served him and says he was very nice and normal.
    Robbie Williams - sister also served him and says he was nice and quite shy.
    Ant & Dec - hubby worked with them at a function and says they are exactly like on the telly
    Jonathon Wilkes - my hubby likes him the best, they got on like a house on fire and we have his email :p
    Lorraine Kelly - very nice lady we met at a wedding
    Gordon Brown - I really really like him. Politics aside, he's actually a nice guy and so is his wife too.

A few famous politicians we've met are not so nice, mainly lib dem and SNP

just remembered we 'saw' michael jackons years ago but he was absolutely surrounded by minders. hubby has also reminded me he met Jeremy Clarkson which was a real disappointment for him because JC was a complete ar*e
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kizzib wrote: »
    I can't remember if I posted this :o

Prince Charles - very nice guy apparently, my dad was surprised. PC still sends xmas cards.
    Bill Clinton - sister served him and says he was very nice and normal.
    Robbie Williams - sister also served him and says he was nice and quite shy.
    Ant & Dec - hubby worked with them at a function and says they are exactly like on the telly
    Jonathon Wilkes - my hubby likes him the best, they got on like a house on fire and we have his email :p
    Lorraine Kelly - very nice lady we met at a wedding
    Gordon Brown - I really really like him. Politics aside, he's actually a nice guy and so is his wife too.

A few famous politicians we've met are not so nice, mainly lib dem and SNP

just remembered we 'saw' michael jackons years ago but he was absolutely surrounded by minders. hubby has also reminded me he met Jeremy Clarkson which was a real disappointment for him because JC was a complete ar*e

Wow............that is some list.:eek:

All I can contribute is my friend was at a wedding and Robbie Williams was there too with his dad. She said he was really nice and totally unassuming.
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Bewitched - me neither. I can only imagine Theo Bear means not the twin sister who was usually doing the most "singing". I'm only guessing though.

You'd be correct.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Theres plenty of examples of him 'taking over' isnt there?

The One Show for instance.

Also the Late Late show in Ireland..he was truly appalling on that. Totally took over, wouldn't let the host get a word in edgeways and mortified members of the audience. In short he was just horrible and it pains me to say that because I was a huge fan:(
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kizzib wrote: »
    JC was a complete ar*e

Not surprised. I know people say he's "in character" when he goes on making "controversial" comments in the media but even if he's just trolling for attention I think you have to be a genuinely nasty piece of work to come out with some of what he does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also the Late Late show in Ireland..he was truly appalling on that. Totally took over, wouldn't let the host get a word in edgeways and mortified members of the audience. In short he was just horrible and it pains me to say that because I was a huge fan:(

Most audience members on the the Late Late Show are so old, they couldn't be more mortified if they wanted to be. :D
  • SmartTIIamSmartTIIam Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Lou416 wrote: »
    I heard a story about "Our Cilla" about 30 years ago. A friend of mine and his girlfriend were in the theatre in the West End and Cilla decided she wanted his seat as she decided it was better than hers. She actually stood there and demanded he swap! The manager had to intervene and politely insisted that she could not do this.

At the time I took the story with a pinch of salt and have long lost touch with my friend, but reading this thread I now believe every word he said, I just wish I could remember more details now.

There is a thread knocking around on a forum for airline attendants asking the same question. Who have the flight attendants attended that was vile. Cilla's name comes up more than once and tried to pull the same stunt to get the best seat in first. And apparently didn't talk to the flight attendants directly but got one of her minions to do that for her. I am a Robin Willams fan and I heard that he was very polite to airline staff, so I was pleased when I read that.
  • LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And homeless people think they've got problems...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And homeless people think they've got problems...

Not entirely sure how this comment is relevant? :confused: Every person on the planet gets irritated by little trivial things occasionally. It's part of being human.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justin Bieber.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I love his stand up (perhaps it's something to do with me being from t'North- although I know some fellow Northerners can't stand him) but when he's a guest on anything, he comes across as loud and boorish. He has to take over and steal everyone else's thunder. He can't shut up and let other people speak, which suggests a degree of arrogance. His upstaging of others crosses the line from what I find funny to actually being irritating and even embarrassing.

Maybe he doesn't mean anything by it and isn't self-aware enough to realise it, being 'larger-than-life' and all but it can grate on the gears after a while.

I think he's a very very funny man, but agree totally with the above.
    The One Show, Jonathan Ross Show, Parkinson - he went on and on and on and on, to the point where it went way past funny and bordering on the incredibly irritating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    You'd be correct.

Keavy? I thought she came across very well in The Big Reunion shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keavy? I thought she came across very well in The Big Reunion shows.

She knows where the camera is.

Underneath the smiley Keavy exterior is the unfortunate personality of Edele multiplied by 100, plus a whole list of other really nasty traits.

Give her credit. She hides it well in front of the TV cameras. Really nasty two faced woman. At least you know where you stand with Edele before you get within 100 yards of her.

She's supposedly moving in with her next victim. .sorry, I mean boyfriend, during the summer. It's him I feel sorry for. If he has any sense he'll run for the escape pod while he still has time. No man should ever date a woman who's 34, unmarried, and who has a track record of running to the tabloids to slag her exes off after SHE'S dumped them.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Justin Bieber.

I don't think he's been acting too nicely in the spotlight recently!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Peter Kay appear on the very last episode of Parkinson where he attempted to upstage everyone else, including David Beckham? I find his act funny, but he comes across as a pompous, arrogant arse on everything I've ever seen him being interviewed on. And yes, he was awful on The One Show when he last appeared.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    She knows where the camera is.

Underneath the smiley Keavy exterior is the unfortunate personality of Edele multiplied by 100, plus a whole list of other really nasty traits.

Give her credit. She hides it well in front of the TV cameras. Really nasty two faced woman. At least you know where you stand with Edele before you get within 100 yards of her.

She's supposedly moving in with her next victim. .sorry, I mean boyfriend, during the summer. It's him I feel sorry for. If he has any sense he'll run for the escape pod while he still has time. No man should ever date a woman who's 34, unmarried, and who has a track record of running to the tabloids to slag her exes off after SHE'S dumped them.

How do you know so much about her?:confused: Also what tabloid has she run to. Genuinely never, ever read anything about her or her personal life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member

Gok Wan - Spilt my drink on him. I was mortified but he just laughed it off and chatted to me for a while. Very nice guy

Jools Holland - he was in the bar where my friend used to work. Surrounded by random hangers on and being a bit of a diva. Demanded that the lights be dimmed and that pizza should be ordered. Seriously - I'm not making that up. He was a little bit drunk though. I was a bit gutted as I'd always imagined him to be more down to earth...

I've encountered both. Neither were particularly pleasant, I'm afraid to say :(

I've been lurking in DS on and off for years, and from what I've read here El Holland seems decidedly standoffish to us mere mortals. A few London cabbies have regaled me a few stories, too. He was outside a theatre, smoking, and my friend and I approached him and politely requested an autograph. Not screaming and fangirling or making a scene. He looked down his nose at us (literally because we're 5 footers and although he looks diminutive he's actually taller than he appears), gave a curt "no", and promptly stubbed out his cigarette, turned on his heel and walked off. :D

El Wan.. I suppose he's one of those changeable ones. Bumped into him, literally, whilst walking through Soho. it was raining and I slipped, accidently knocking him into a puddle. I began apologizing offusively but he immediately cut me off with "oh do look where you're going!" and then minced off, entourage in tow, making fun of my attempted apology.

Encountered Amy Winehouse back when she was about 20. Extremely drunk, extremely loud (and it was a noisy bar too), and apparentyly not too obliging either. She was with a large group of equally raucous friends (not that there's anything wrong with that) and ignored me when I tried to ask her to shift slightly so I could get to the bar. Perhaps she really didn't hear me, but I asked her three times and she didn't respond. I should have prodded her really... Still, I've heard good stories about her too, so I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones.

Oh, and anyone remember Victoria "Harry" Harrison? Platinum blonde toff teenager (?) who had a few minor hits in the early 00's? Also encountered her in a Camden bar. She eyed me up and down and said "shouldn't you be standing on a street corner somewhere?". I had to laugh really because she was dressed even less modestly than I was, and behaving so too.

Met some others who were lovely though, but they're for another thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know so much about her?:confused: Also what tabloid has she run to. Genuinely never, ever read anything about her or her personal life.

Since you asked. . .Bedtime reading for you.

Sunday Mirror in Dec 2009 - http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-213628183.html

Mail on Sunday Jan 2011 http://http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-247261283.html

Mail on Sunday April 2011
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-253113327.html

Log in to Highbeam to get the full articles. Login and password easily available on Google.

They say you should never believe what you read in the press, but if quoted accurately, she gives a very poor impression of herself in these articles.
  • baccybaccy Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Anthony Head is lovely, really down to earth and normal. I've met him a number of times at his home when Ive gone to see his WIfe Sarah FIsher (who is also lovely and friendly) who works with horses and dogs.

He came out to the paddock in Welles and and old jumper, with a tray of hot tea and biscuits for us because he was worried we were cold ( it was November).

When I was was walking back to my car through the yard he popped his head over a stable door where he was cleaning up manure and said " it's a s**t job but someones gotta do it":D

His life with Sarah is about as un-showbizzy as it gets.