Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kareena46 wrote: »
    Okay, you can't stand Liz, that's fine but to comment so nastily on somebody's looks is, in my opinion plain and simple bullying.

The word bullying gets bandied around too often in my opinion.

Incidentally, I'm not a bad looking gal I don't think ..... and although my husband is in his 50s, he looks like Paul Newman, all greying hair and twinkling blue eyes. He doesn't look like a shar-pei dog.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah yeah....it's fine to ridicule Mr Scrace's looks, (how bloody childish), I wonder how many of you can honestly say that you or your husbands/wives are fantabulous and wonderful.

Okay, you can't stand Liz, that's fine but to comment so nastily on somebody's looks is, in my opinion plain and simple bullying.

Hi Kareena! I thought it was about time you popped in again, told us we're bullies and/or boring, and then flounced off again. In the language of Liz-lovers, "If you don't like it, don't read it"! You are of course very welcome to set up a pro-Liz Jones thread of your own, just don't get too lonely ;-)
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o

Liz Jones physically attractive? Seriously?
    When she was interviewed by the Sunday Times journalist re her misery memoirs, the journalist spent a paragraph describing how bizarre Jones looked in real life.
    "Liz Jones refuses to look in mirrors, so I don’t suppose she knows how odd she looks. If you saw her in the street you would probably screech “Who’s that?” She has long dyed witchy hair, orange tan skin, thick black painted eyebrows, and an alarming chipmunk smile when she bares her dazzling veneers. Her face is round and looks too big for her stick-like body. She has been anorexic most of her life and had her breasts removed when she was 29. But the facelift she had two years ago is holding up well, though her chin could do with some more filler"

Goes to show the magic of television lighting and that opticians will never go out of business!

Wow. That's a blow by blow of Liz's physical shortcomings from your perspective..:o Tad harsh perhaps:confused: I have never met her, or had seen her on tv, & was surprised at how nice/ normal she looked. For goodness sake, I haven't commited murder..just commented positively on a person most find objectionable.(myself included) Oh and by the way, my eyesight is superb.:)
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah yeah....it's fine to ridicule Mr Scrace's looks, (how bloody childish), I wonder how many of you can honestly say that you or your husbands/wives are fantabulous and wonderful.

BIB - you need to check the definition of 'bullying', because that really isn't it. And I work in a profession that deals with bullying on a daily basis!

And, for the record, I've been told I look 10 years younger than my 46 years, and that's without wearing a scrap of make-up or doing any exercise (good genes - my grandfather died aged 93 and looked 70 if that!). So yes, many of us here can say (at the opinion of others, not ourselves - I never look in mirror other than the five minutes it takes me to dry my hair in the morning - that we're not bad looking. My husband looks at least five years younger than his 45, and again he takes sod-all interest in anything beyond the basics (he considers 'Lynx' to be a 'high-end' name in male grooming!).

But it doesn't matter how we look if our souls are ugly and prone to lies and mis-information to suit our own purposes - and that's the problem here with Liz Jones. I don't care what I look like, but I care about being a good person to my family and friends. I will try to do that until the end of my days. I'd rather be dirt poor than sell my family to the press for some money in a daily/Sunday paper, and that's what people take issue with here.
  • LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Wow. That's a blow by blow of Liz's physical shortcomings from your perspective..:o Tad harsh perhaps:confused: I have never met her, or had seen her on tv, & was surprised at how nice/ normal she looked. For goodness sake, I haven't commited murder..just commented positively on a person most find objectionable.(myself included) Oh and by the way, my eyesight is superb.:)

That wasn't the posters personal point of view, but from an article in the Sunday Times by Lynn Barber which begins here

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/Magazine/Interviews/article1278227.ece

The photographer has presumably wanted to do a 'Wuthering Heights' job on her, but it's turned out more Emily The Corpse Bride than Emily Bronte.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is why I take offence at your comment, Kareena:

Liz Jones on Holly Willoughby - she's anti-feminist for being make-up free.

Liz Jones on Clare Balding - insulted for wearing a high street 'woolly' rather than Prada and not having 'bothered' to have a face lift.

Liz Jones on Kirstie Allsopp - ‘surely her fat should keep her warm’.

So before you leap down our throats for commenting on Liz Jones' boyfriend's looks, perhaps you'd take a look at the stuff Liz Jones spits out at everybody else.

Liz Jones on friends - I don’t have any friends now.

I wonder why.
    To quote Phillip Schofield*, "I swear there can be no greater force against all womankind than Liz Jones. She is inconsistent, bitter, nasty and unhinged."

*wow, I've never said that before!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucycon wrote: »
    That wasn't the posters personal point of view, but from an article in the Sunday Times by Lynn Barber which begins here

The photographer has presumably wanted to do a 'Wuthering Heights' job on her, but it's turned out more Emily The Corpse Bride than Emily Bronte.

Thanks for pointing that out Lucy, however I do think the poster was questioning my judgement in finding her nice looking and made a reference to needing specs.. anyhow, thanks for the reply:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could have been an attractive woman, but all the unguents and procedures in the world won't give you laughter lines.
    They say by 50 you have the face you deserve - I hope mine shows a much happier love-filled life than hers does!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    No and no.

She's going out with a baker who she fantasised about when she lived next door to him 30 years ago. He contacted her when she was trying to write a piece about why her friends and boyfriends didn't contact her any more. Her assistant sent emails to all of them asking 'why don't you keep in touch with Liz' and he responded.

The only one who responded.

Funny how he didn't want to know her when she was a penniless junior on Company mag, but now she's one of the best paid journos in the business he 'can't keep his hands off' her. His bakery business has perhaps had a cash injection because of the association with her. Who knows?

Thanks for that.

Stranger than strange woman!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I thought Liz was on the One show earlier but I think it was Dot Cottons daughter, looked quite similar.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for pointing that out Lucy, however I do think the poster was questioning my judgement in finding her nice looking and made a reference to needing specs.. anyhow, thanks for the reply:)

But she isn't nice looking Scarlett whatever way you look at it. She has a face like a satellite dish, a pointed chin and more fillers than there are in a Tesco's cold cabinet. If it wasn't for the face lift she'd look every inch of 54, and her nasty, bitter personality wouldn't help.

Untitled_zps0a287ca1.jpg
  • Freckles101Freckles101 Posts: 24
    Forum Member

Thanks for clarifying that Lucycon. My quote was from Lynn Barber's view in her Sunday Times article. Not my quote. But considering the extensive amount of air brushing that's done with Lizzie's daily Fail articles and the real thing that is actually Liz Bones, it seems to be an accurate perception. She looks rather scary in those ST photos, sans airbrushing. The badly tattooed prancing pony she had done on her left arm doesn't add much (in my opinion) given LJ's penchant for frequently bitching about other women looking "cheap"...
    Forum Member
    A very well observed piece by Terence Blacker in The Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/for-her-own-good-we-should-stop-reading-liz-jones-8681676.html

The accompanying photo looks as if it was taken in Devon pre the prancing pony and in it she really looks lined and haggish, and the gum-baring smile doesn't reach her eyes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she isn't nice looking Scarlett whatever way you look at it. She has a face like a satellite dish, a pointed chin and more fillers than there are in a Tesco's cold cabinet. If it wasn't for the face lift she'd look every inch of 54, and her nasty, bitter personality wouldn't help.

Untitled_zps0a287ca1.jpg

I'm actually sorry I mentioned her appearance at all. I accept you and the vast majority on this forum find her appearance repugnant, to me she looked unusually/surprisingly nice on that tv programme.
    What I do find repulsive and downright offensive about Liz Jones is her fazbricated life stories and nasty public put downs.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I read last week's Diary column, I just thought: "Hang on, haven't we had all this before with the (F)RS?" She said all the same things about him, all that "I'm not used to being with a man who loves me/pays for dinner/puts his hand on the small of my back when we go out" stuff. If the RS provided all this never-experienced-before lovey dovey stuff, why is it such a novelty now she's getting the same thing again?

And how come this new chap writes and speaks (and texts) in the same flowery, feminine, maiden-aunt style as the RS? Has anyone on the planet ever used the word "notwithstanding" in a text message? :)

Also, I've no idea if this chap has a family or not, but I wonder how the other people in his life feel about reading in print that he supposedly loves Liz more than he's ever loved anyone or anything in his life? This sort of thing is so inappropriate for publishing. People can say what they like to each other in private, but it can be massively hurtful to go splashing this sort of comment around in public.

As for her exceptionally nasty (and repetitive) MoS column, which takes potshots at all the usual targets and tastefully lists the expensive presents (yet again) she's bought for people's kids....How charming. And does she really imagine people think of her as having "Nigella hair"?! :o

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the illustration depicting the new man is identical to the old illustrations depicting her ex-husband, right down to the jet-black ponytail?
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    When I read last week's Diary column, I just thought: "Hang on, haven't we had all this before with the (F)RS?" She said all the same things about him, all that "I'm not used to being with a man who loves me/pays for dinner/puts his hand on the small of my back when we go out" stuff. If the RS provided all this never-experienced-before lovey dovey stuff, why is it such a novelty now she's getting the same thing again?

And how come this new chap writes and speaks (and texts) in the same flowery, feminine, maiden-aunt style as the RS? Has anyone on the planet ever used the word "notwithstanding" in a text message? :)

Also, I've no idea if this chap has a family or not, but I wonder how the other people in his life feel about reading in print that he supposedly loves Liz more than he's ever loved anyone or anything in his life? This sort of thing is so inappropriate for publishing. People can say what they like to each other in private, but it can be massively hurtful to go splashing this sort of comment around in public.

As for her exceptionally nasty (and repetitive) MoS column, which takes potshots at all the usual targets and tastefully lists the expensive presents (yet again) she's bought for people's kids....How charming. And does she really imagine people think of her as having "Nigella hair"?! :o

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the illustration depicting the new man is identical to the old illustrations depicting her ex-husband, right down to the jet-black ponytail?

IIRC and Lord knows why I know this :o he has a son who was a model for Abercrombie & Fitch, so he must be a bit of a hottie compared with his raddled old dad.

And it's 'midnight storm' hair (TM David Scrace) if you please! ;-)

I'm surprised she didn't mention the 400 quid garden shed she bought for her nephew in that article.
  • kareena46kareena46 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »
    Hi Kareena! I thought it was about time you popped in again, told us we're bullies and/or boring, and then flounced off again. In the language of Liz-lovers, "If you don't like it, don't read it"! You are of course very welcome to set up a pro-Liz Jones thread of your own, just don't get too lonely ;-)

Why you all thought I was referring to you slating LJ's looks escapes me. I don't think she is in any way attractive, neither inside or out.
    I was referring to the nasty remarks about David Scrace. So there.
    Forum Member
    Why you all thought I was referring to you slating LJ's looks escapes me. I don't think she is in any way attractive, neither inside or out.

BiB - just a bit childish I think.

If she didn't want people to comment on his looks she should never have named him in her column. What was wrong with keeping him anonymous? After all, she did that for four years with the Rock Star. If he existed that is. :D

She moans that her relationships never last, she has no friends and her family don't speak to her. Best not to write about them then.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree people shouldn't just wilfully attack Scrace's looks for no reason.

I suspect it's probably more the case of pointing out the disparity between Jones' florid prose and the reality.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks (or the lack thereof) aside, you have to feel Scrace has signed some form of Faustian pact which prevents him from complaining that he's being presented as someone with the emotional IQ and literary ability of a 12-year-old Jackie reader in exchange for publicity for 'his' bakery.

The only other possible explanation is that he really does talk and act like this. Nonsense, of course, as the entirely mythical Rock Star 'spoke' in similarly Chumley-Warner tones. ;-)
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    as the entirely mythical Rock Star 'spoke' in similarly Chumley-Warner tones. ;-)

:) That's EXACTLY it! :) You've really hit the nail on the head there. Every time I read *any* of Liz's dialogue, it all has that ring to it! Either that or Trevor Howard in Brief Encounter. Or Enid Blyton characters (Nic in particular is always given a hilariously Famous Five type turn of phrase: "Bloody sauce!" was a particular favourite of mine. :)

I also love how Liz's men always manage to text in such perfect, flowery olde-worlde language. Who even speaks this way, let alone texts?

Interestingly, some of Liz's strongest supporters express themselves a bit like this as well when defending her, employing the kind of quaint phrases not normally heard outside a playground in 1972. :)
    Forum Member
    jeff_vader wrote: »
    I agree people shouldn't just wilfully attack Scrace's looks for no reason.

I suspect it's probably more the case of pointing out the disparity between Jones' florid prose and the reality.

In that case, people are attacking his looks for a reason.

He's not a good looking bloke and far from the picture of gorgeousness that Liz has painted. If you look at the video I posted above, you'll see the reality.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member

I have a mental picture of kareena46 sticking her tongue out at us before flouncing out of the thread...:D
    Forum Member
    I have a mental picture of kareena46 sticking her tongue out at us before flouncing out of the thread...:D

Not forgetting the obligatory ''Na-na-na-na-na''! ;-) :D
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Not forgetting the obligatory ''Na-na-na-na-na''! ;-) :D

And "I'm telling on you" :D