Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    The grammatically incorrect Finish ad with less chemicals. >:(

Every time it comes on I'm shouting at the tv : ' FEWER! FEWER!! FEWER!!!!!!!!!!'

(Strange, because I'm normally quite tolerant)
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    What was that rubbish?! :o:D

I can't stand that Endeavour advert for ITV, the music alone is excruciating!
    Same here. They ran the ad far too any times. I grew to hate that song! I'm hoping now the series has actually started they will ease off with the relentless promotion.
  • Options
    Steven88Steven88 Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chocolate digestives advert with the kittens.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say I don't like the new ITV ad for "home for entertainers" Simon Cowell ruins it for me .... smugness says it all surprised tweedy was not involved in the ad! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Steven88 wrote: »
    The chocolate digestives advert with the kittens.

Sweet 😉😉
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sorry that this is a nearly 8 years old ad, will actually it was a PIF, but does anyone remember this? (Climate challenge, 2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzjOcOcQ90U

I was 19 at the time and it terrified me when it was on, but no-one else had a clue what I was talking about. If I was wrong to post this here, I'm sorry but if there's already a thread about PIFs, I can't find it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Who's seen the cravendale advert? My 5 year old is scared of it!

If they're scared of the ad, don't let them look at this. This is the website of the band, the Tiger Lillies, who perform the music on the ad. They're awesome. I have been a fan for many years. Dark, menacing, but hilarious too. Check them out.

http://www.tigerlillies.com/

Lots of clips on youtube too.

Lots of clips om youtube too.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind The Gap. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind The Gap. ;-)

:D Yeah Saw it after it was too late to edit.
  • Options
    cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Can't stand the Birds Eye advert "hope yizza hungry" , fingers all over the food and a stupid contrived "family argument" I find it quite patronising towards the buyers of those products
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    For me, it's the Victoria Plumb one that ends with the twin girls in the bath..eeeuuurrccchhh! Annoying voices or what?

They're back on. I hate them!
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Latest ad-hate is the one for bathrooms, where they show guy sitting on the loo - is that really necessary?

Just came on here to mention that one!
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 mentions:

- horrible Vodafone advert with the firefighter and his wife as a voiceover talking about how dangerous a job it is, while Vodafone are telling us they're the preferred network for the emergency services. I just find it a bit... Distasteful? Using dangerous jobs to sell your mobile phone network? :confused:

- there was a trailer on Channel 4 running for a few days recently (think it was a documentary about children being taken into care) where the voiceover guy used the word 'kids' rather than 'children.' We are not in America... Makes my blood boil. (same reason it annoys me when adverts refer to 'movies'). I am fine with the word as a colloquialism in conversation, but please, in a national TV advert use correct UK English, please.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    There's only a new BT ad with the trio in it :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    2 mentions:

- horrible Vodafone advert with the firefighter and his wife as a voiceover talking about how dangerous a job it is, while Vodafone are telling us they're the preferred network for the emergency services. I just find it a bit... Distasteful? Using dangerous jobs to sell your mobile phone network? :confused:

- there was a trailer on Channel 4 running for a few days recently (think it was a documentary about children being taken into care) where the voiceover guy used the word 'kids' rather than 'children.' We are not in America... Makes my blood boil. (same reason it annoys me when adverts refer to 'movies'). I am fine with the word as a colloquialism in conversation, but please, in a national TV advert use correct UK English, please.

I despise that word for children at anytime. They are not baby goats >:(
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon Cowell already jumping at the chance to use his new-found-fatherhood as a vehicle to promote himself/his ghastly, tacky shows.

Stay classy.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too and I'm an adult. What happened to poor Bertrum Thumbcat and his gang of merry milk stealing kitties?
  • Options
    nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon Cowell already jumping at the chance to use his new-found-fatherhood as a vehicle to promote himself/his ghastly, tacky shows.

Stay classy.

Everything he does is about exploiting others, didn't take him long to include his own child.

(I know his actual child wasn't shown)
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm 21 and scared of it. Our puppy doesn't stop barking. Not a fan, it is the creepiest advert I have ever seen in my entire life!
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I despise that word for children at anytime. They are not baby goats >:(

Me too !! a few years ago I was in hospital & my "Old school" professor was doing a ward round with some junior doctors
    one asked me if I had any kids & the prof said does Lynne look like a goat ? he went on to say always ask if a patient has children - especially if its an exam
    make him right :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LYNN(E) wrote: »
    Me too !! a few years ago I was in hospital & my "Old school" professor was doing a ward round with some junior doctors
    one asked me if I had any kids & the prof said does Lynne look like a goat ? he went on to say always ask if a patient has children - especially if its an exam
    make him right :)

Well said that professor. We need more like him and us to get that word used only for baby goats.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seriously need to stop with the new Haribo adverts where the adults are talking with child voices!:mad:

It wasn't funny the first time and it still isn't funny now! It's just beyond irritating! Dare I say it but it's actually making the 2011 Haribo Supermix advert look good in comparison!:eek: It needs to stop, now! I'm gonna go insane if I catch it again!:mad:
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First for lawyers advert with Andrew Castle in, "Cant fight this feeling anymore". Make me cringe everytime
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Bathroom advert, man on toilet, hideous.
  • Options
    ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a rather mild annoyance, but the female voice-over for the Dove soap one, where they show 'paper doll' outlines on a variety of soaps?

She sounds as though she has a throatful of mucus.
This discussion has been closed.