Vaio Freezing / Orange BB Problem

LilaLila Posts: 6,780
Forum Member
I have a laptop (Vaio NR21s) which started freezing a few months ago when browsing the net & now and again when watching DVDs etc. The virus software etc was fully up to date and after taking it back to an earlier restore point I think (hopefully) it is back to normal.

However, I uninstalled my internet & tried to re install when the problem started and now I cannot get the laptop to accept the modem. It is pretty old (Speedtouch 330 on Orange) the laptop is showing the driver is installed but then not recognising the device and trying to install the driver. I am using Vista and when I first installed at the beginning of the year it was not a problem.

Is there still an actual problem with the laptop itself or is it to do with the modem?? Would the problem be likely to be still be there if I changed to wireless??

Any help with this matter would be very much appreciated. Thankyou!!

Comments

• max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    Those USB modems were woeful when they were new and should all have been sent to silicon heaven a long time ago.

Phone Orange and tell them you're going to switch to BT/AOL/Sky unless they send you a wireless router for free. They will usually comply - and sometimes knock a few quid off your monthly bill too.
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    I get it for free anyway & its working okay on my other computer. Don't use the home internet too often that's why I never bothered to change it.

I've just tried connecting my ipod & a bluetooth usb which don't seem to be connecting properly either - looking like a problem with the USB ports.

I've been trying to get it reset back to its factory settings but it won't seem to let me.