Talk Shoe

xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
Forum Member
Talk Shoe seems like a great idea, Ive only recently hit on it but it lets you virtually
create your own radio show, lets people phone in by skype.
It podcasts your show....
You can hit........ live now... and see what shows are running.
You can do a show or a talk on any old subject and maybe build up a listenership,
of course your podcasts are there 24/7

Seems like a great idea.

Comments

• xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Just realized that Blog Talk Radio is basically the same as talk shoe
    give it a try
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fantasy-phenoms/2011/03/18/the-fantasy-phenoms-baseball-show

talk shoe
    go here
    http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkNow.jsp?pushNav=1&cmd=live

Forum Member
    only one thing, I get e mail notif about blog talk radio upcoming shows,
    so far Ive not found the same thing on Talk Shoe.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Timbo. Blog Talk Radio is a strange beast, good in some ways (one or two things worth listening to) but if you want to host a show without paying you are restricted to 30 minutes per day and strictly speaking you can only host by phone and calling a USA number. A host on a phone never sounds right to me but is the basic idea of BTR. Hosting via Skype is only available for paying subscribers. You may be able to get round it by calling in via Skype to your own show but I am not certain about that. People also find that BTR fails and crashes a lot with too much resource-hungry clutter on the pages.

I looked at talkshoe some while back but couldn't get to grips with it. I think you have to download talkshoe software to get full use of it which I am reluctant to do. Maybe I'll give it another go.

For hosting a live talk show which is also podcasted/archived there is 1000mikes which restricts hours per month on a free account but at least any one show can be longer than half an hour. You can broadcast off your soundcard easily too using their web phone thing. Quite good but seems to have very little uptake so far, not sure why.
    Forum Member
    I did nt know there was a 30 min time limit on blog talk ... seems strange !

Talk shoe looks the better option, its great how they podcast all the past shows in there
    I was wondering if I could start a show, maybe by doing a 1 hour rant and maybe upload the audio there ?
    Surely skype is free ?
    I f you did a live show, you can conference callers... mute anyone who is being offensive.
    Im sure if you got into it its a great free resource.

I cant figure out why the guys who run talk shoe dont set up a forum for people to post questions.

Thinking about it, why dont digi spy host a weekly show up on talk shoe. ? say 7 pm to 10 pm friday night .
    They could advertise it on the forum, they'd be guaranteed to get a ton of listeners !
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 30 minute limit was introduced by BTR some months ago. Many of the hosts on there were very peeved because they felt they have been helping to build the popularity of the site only to be dumped when BTR started to get more traffic.

Skype to Skype is free of course, but the problem is that the BTR system doesn't provide you with a Skype ID to connect in to as host, only the USA phone number. Calling that from Skype is possible but does cost Skype credit because it is just a phone number. Also the audio quality is not as good. Once the host is connected (by phone) then callers can Skype in for free and will appear on the host's switchboard as provided by the BTR system (perhaps the best thing about it), but only the host can control the switchboard so not sure if you could hang up the host line without losing control or ending the show. Shows are all archived but I believe remain copyright of BTR.
    Forum Member
    As far as I can figure you have to pay to do a show on
    Blog talk radio....
    whereas on Talk Shoe .... its free.....

Think about it... your own radio show streaming live on the net...
    a chat forum for people to comment, or if they have skype
    they can ring in....
    There may be only 4 or 5 listeners at first, but you have to
    start somewhere !

At the end your show is archived on the site and available free
    for downloads.

You dont even have to do it live, just make a 60 minute rant
    and upload the audio .... sorted !
    Forum Member
    Thinking about it, you d think digi spy would have some
    live chat rooms ... if only for friday and sat night .
    It would be a more instant way of discussing the news
    and showbiz gossip.
    .... why not a combo of chat room and audio ! 6 hours on friday night it would be like a phone in radio show !

Its time the mighty Digi Spy began spreading its wings ..... a little !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    You could be the next Justin Lee Collins!
    (... or maybe not...)
    Forum Member
    Looks like another way of getting your
    show, or podcast up there
    go here
    http://www.mixcloud.com/about/
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Thinking about it, you d think digi spy would have some
    live chat rooms ... if only for friday and sat night .
    It would be a more instant way of discussing the news
    and showbiz gossip.
    .... why not a combo of chat room and audio ! 6 hours on friday night it would be like a phone in radio show !

Its time the mighty Digi Spy began spreading its wings ..... a little !

With a webcam option :D