Options

Genuinely interested.....why are people voting for Denise?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    journey
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point acknowledged Fredster but you are far too intelligent and even "classy" (what ever that means) to go there.

I like that "classy" me? Don't think my family would agree!:)
  • Options
    jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N. I am inviting you round for tea :D
  • Options
    Forget-me-notForget-me-not Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt a bit sorry for her too when she went into melt down the other night. Trouble is it fits into a pattern of behaviour that I don't really want to see validated by her winning. The woman is one almighty mess and needs to get herself sorted; she is needy, emotionally demanding and attention seeking all things which shows she isn't 'real' at all but delusional, dependent and immature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt a bit sorry for her too when she went into melt down the other night. Trouble is it fits into a pattern of behaviour that I don't really want to see validated by her winning. The woman is one almighty mess and needs to get herself sorted; she is needy, emotionally demanding and attention seeking all things which shows she isn't 'real' at all but delusional, dependent and immature.

Oh Forget-me-not, you are sooooo spot on

Actually although I absolutely champion the woman I hope she doesn't win. As for all the qualities you listed, I have highlighted in bold, may be a few home truths there and birds of a feather etc........

I will change :o
  • Options
    Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N. I am inviting you round for tea :D

Oh good...is Denise coming? Shall we pull each others pj's down?!;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you ever considered she is also menopausal?
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea who is voting for her, her friends and family who think she is "fragile" would surely want her out.

Or are they happy she is in there and not at home/on the loose?
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Because in an age where every single HM is accused of having a gameplan and not being themselves, she has TOTALLY been herself. We've seen it all - WARTS and all! No gameplan - Denise Welch has been Denise Welch - and it would have made for a MUCH more boring series without her involvement. What more could you ask of her?

Despite her failings, she's also a lovely woman, proved to me when I met her.

I should add that I WOULD have voted for her had my fave Gareth already been given the boot!:D
    I disagree with your assessment that she had no gameplan. She has been working her gameplan since day 1, it just hasn't worked AT ALL. Her first plan was to get rid of the prettier girls, Georgia and the Twins. Her second plan was get rid of Michael because he's more famous. Just because her gameplan is failing doesn't mean she hasn't been playing the game. Even Gareth is playing the game, sounded like game talk to me on that clip last night. OF course if you've met her and like her that's just as good a reason as any other but did you meet her at a party or while she was working?

I am shocked that everyone dances around the facts in order to excuse what I consider inexcusable. She has depression and she has admitted to being an alcoholic, saying she's stepped off the wagon, which is not possible and it's not the case. As a depressed person she should never touch alcohol because alcohol is a depressant. As a previously recovered alcoholic she also knows there is no stepping off. This is something that appears to be treated quite differently on each side of the pond. In America we help our alcoholics to overcome their addiction whereas so far it appears that in England they're just given more booze in hopes they do something embarrassing or pathetic or worse. I don't get it and I'm sure Michael and the Twins don't get why she has been given so much alcohol when clearly she can't handle alcohol. And find it difficult to believe that people would support a woman of her age and experience who has acted so badly. I know I do. I don't hate her but I can't feel sorry or sympathy for her, she knows better, she knows herself but still drinks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    I

I am shocked that everyone dances around the facts in order to excuse what I consider inexcusable. She has depression and she has admitted to being an alcoholic, saying she's stepped off the wagon, which is not possible and it's not the case. As a depressed person she should never touch alcohol because alcohol is a depressant. As a previously recovered alcoholic she also knows there is no stepping off. This is something that appears to be treated quite differently on each side of the pond. In America we help our alcoholics to overcome their addiction whereas so far it appears that in England they're just given more booze in hopes they do something embarrassing or pathetic or worse..

Oh my goodness, Should that not read, In America we help our alcoholics to overcome their addiction if they can afford to pay for the treatment ???

This has to be the most insulting post this year
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the old soak, should not be in there really but what a dull show it would have been otherwise.?
  • Options
    Random42Random42 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not voted as yet, but I may do..Because.......

She has been on my screens since 1995 ? Marcie in Soldier Soldier, the RSM's wife & SHE was nice & not stuck up her hubbies rank.

Denise has committed all the no no things and yet she and her hubby work well together and that love shines through

Denise is subject to depression and various other things, that does not make her a mad cow, a nutter or an attention seeker, just so very human, a woman who lives and acknowledges failings like all of us encounter, she just shows us that we can try to over come them one way or another.

She is not saying do it "my way", but watching her gives us scope to do things "our way"

I loved her as Marsha Stubbs in Soldier Soldier :)

I agree with your post. It's those very same resons why I'll be voting for her.
  • Options
    Pretty GreenPretty Green Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ain't voting for her. Wouldn't give C5 the drippings from my ass let alone my hard scrounged Benefit money.
  • Options
    Bockingford_KidBockingford_Kid Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Vesna wrote: »
    I disagree with your assessment that she had no gameplan. She has been working her gameplan since day 1, it just hasn't worked AT ALL. Her first plan was to get rid of the prettier girls, Georgia and the Twins. Her second plan was get rid of Michael because he's more famous. Just because her gameplan is failing doesn't mean she hasn't been playing the game.

This! All forgotten when the tears come out and some people identify with her malicious drama-queen then victim antics as 'normal.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am shocked that everyone dances around the facts in order to excuse what I consider inexcusable. She has depression and she has admitted to being an alcoholic, saying she's stepped off the wagon, which is not possible and it's not the case. As a depressed person she should never touch alcohol because alcohol is a depressant. As a previously recovered alcoholic she also knows there is no stepping off. This is something that appears to be treated quite differently on each side of the pond. In America we help our alcoholics to overcome their addiction whereas so far it appears that in England they're just given more booze in hopes they do something embarrassing or pathetic or worse. I don't get it and I'm sure Michael and the Twins don't get why she has been given so much alcohol when clearly she can't handle alcohol. And find it difficult to believe that people would support a woman of her age and experience who has acted so badly. I know I do. I don't hate her but I can't feel sorry or sympathy for her, she knows better, she knows herself but still drinks.[/QUOTE]

BIB - she has not admitted to that at all. Her ex co-star was an alcoholic and he took her to ONE AA meeting which at the time made her give up drinking for a while. She is not an alcoholic.

In CBB they are plied with alcohol nightly to make it more entertaining. She has admitted the following:

'I drink at parties, I drink at awards dos, I drink when I am out with my mates and that’s when you get all the pap snaps of drunk Denise.'

The star insisted: 'But bar one time (on Dancing On Ice) when I missed an 8am call, I have never missed a meeting, a photoshoot or been late for work.'

The word alcoholic is being bandied about far too much in relation to Denise. People ask what her children and husband must think. Do you really think that as an alcoholic, she would be advised by Mgt and family and friends to take part in a reality tv show?

I think the main reason for Denise being in Big Bro is that the paperback version (with a new chapter!) of her autobiography has been released whilst she is in the house. Maybe she wanted to ensure it sold a lot of copies.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    I am shocked that everyone dances around the facts in order to excuse what I consider inexcusable. She has depression and she has admitted to being an alcoholic, saying she's stepped off the wagon, which is not possible and it's not the case. As a depressed person she should never touch alcohol because alcohol is a depressant. As a previously recovered alcoholic she also knows there is no stepping off. This is something that appears to be treated quite differently on each side of the pond. In America we help our alcoholics to overcome their addiction whereas so far it appears that in England they're just given more booze in hopes they do something embarrassing or pathetic or worse. I don't get it and I'm sure Michael and the Twins don't get why she has been given so much alcohol when clearly she can't handle alcohol. And find it difficult to believe that people would support a woman of her age and experience who has acted so badly. I know I do. I don't hate her but I can't feel sorry or sympathy for her, she knows better, she knows herself but still drinks.
    BIB - she has not admitted to that at all. Her ex co-star was an alcoholic and he took her to ONE AA meeting which at the time made her give up drinking for a while. She is not an alcoholic.

In CBB they are plied with alcohol nightly to make it more entertaining. She has admitted the following:

'I drink at parties, I drink at awards dos, I drink when I am out with my mates and that’s when you get all the pap snaps of drunk Denise.'

The star insisted: 'But bar one time (on Dancing On Ice) when I missed an 8am call, I have never missed a meeting, a photoshoot or been late for work.'

The word alcoholic is being bandied about far too much in relation to Denise. People ask what her children and husband must think. Do you really think that as an alcoholic, she would be advised by Mgt and family and friends to take part in a reality tv show?

I think the main reason for Denise being in Big Bro is that the paperback version (with a new chapter!) of her autobiography has been released whilst she is in the house. Maybe she wanted to ensure it sold a lot of copies.

I think she has a problem with drink and in my mind that's an alcoholic. Everyone in the house has said she needs to lay off the booze (anyone with any maturity that is) and you can recognise the signs by the way she acts around booze.

Definition of alcoholism is if it causes problems in your life. She has admitted that alcohol (and drugs) have caused problems in her life. Why did she give up drinking for two years after AA if it wasn't causing her problems?
  • Options
    lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YULSTAR wrote: »
    Genuinely interested.....why are people voting for Denise?

Just wondered if FM's who are voting for Denise can let me know why?
    This is not piss taking, am I genuinely interested in what people see her selling point is?

Thanks! :)
    Because we can,god knows why any one is voting the gruesome twosome.
  • Options
    STUPID CUPIDSTUPID CUPID Posts: 2,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's been a brilliant housemate.
    She's not perfect, she's flawed. She's emotional, interesting, funny and I just have taken to her. I think she's brilliant.

I can relate to her and she's not pretending to be something she's not. This is why I vote for her.

Same here and plus this bb would have been one borefest without her.
    Every dramatic storyline has involved her and she deserves to win for the emotional rollercoaster she has been through.
  • Options
    jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amelie74 wrote: »
    Like the one where Michael was asleep alone in the bedroom and Denise went in and started harassing him and flashing her boobs. Or when they were alone again and she threatened and attempted to slap him in the face.

Romeo didn't see any of that nor did the other hms so I suspect he's swallowed Denise's version of what happened.

Totally agree. Denise only told her version and Gareth, Romeo and the others including Frankie didn't actually see who started the arguments i.e. Denise

I also find it most peculiar that everyone in the world seems to be supporting Denise and that Romeo co-incidentally comes out and says this the night before the finals. As the Queen once said "there are things happening we are not always party to"
  • Options
    jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every dramatic storyline has involved her and she deserves to win for the emotional rollercoaster she has been through.

Or the dramatic acting of the year award!
  • Options
    STUPID CUPIDSTUPID CUPID Posts: 2,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jobielad wrote: »
    Or the dramatic acting of the year award!
    Actually Denise comes across natural to me and doesn't have to resort to talking to herself and grunting to the cameras as some in the house do to get attention from bb.:p
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't that just her every day life? :confused:
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    Little tubby hubby has history for threatening people who tell his missus she's a crap contestant - DOI. Could it be that the same same tactics are being used to get her votes?:eek:

Hmmm. Interesting!
  • Options
    88Paul9988Paul99 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Because I identify with her' seems to be the answer to this thread's question.

I guess there are quite a lot of me-me-me middle aged binge drinker types. Sad.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    She is not an alcoholic.

She is, and you could see the withdrawal symptoms on last nights highlights in the diary room.