Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    they'll have trouble finding her spine through all that fat when they do the lumbar puncture.

Without wishing ill on anyone, that's a nasty procedure (my Godson had to have one when he had suspected leukemia) and is not exactly painless/comfortable - if I was being uncharitable I'd wonder if it was medical staff payback for Emma's previous 'wasting of hospital time'. :o Except every procedure costs money, so I'm sure they wouldn't do it for no reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Latest from Phil - "Emma is still in hospital hoping to have her lumber puncher to release some pressure on her brain we have been in the hospital for 11 hours to be with her today we all miss her very much love dad mum and Samantha xxxx Emma thank you for your lovely message you sent us we all love you to and see you tomorrow and don't worry"
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Sounds actually deserving of hospital time for once. I've been looking up what the causes and symptoms of high intracranial pressure can be, but can't really see what is at the root of her problem.
    Forum Member
    On my break at work and I've been having a look. I've found a strong suspect for what might be up with Phil's favourite daughter and guess what the main reason people get it is?

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/idiopathic-intracranial-hypertension
    In idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH) there is raised pressure within the skull (raised intracranial pressure), which puts pressure on the brain. Idiopathic means that the cause of this raised pressure is unknown. The main symptoms are headache and loss of sight (visual loss). It mostly affects women of childbearing age who are overweight or obese.

Maybe, if this is what she has, this will be the kick up the bum she needs to finally lose weight. Stop laughing! It could happen!
    Forum Member
    Update from Phil
    Emma has been in hospital for two days and had lumber puncher and it has failed and know she has got to wait to go to Preston hospital she has got a job to sit down and put her clothes on anyway you all take care and thanks for all your kind messages you all have been great love Phil and family xxxx

I read that to mean she doesn't have to wait in hospital, but is back at home until her Preston Hospital appointment.
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would a dad say that their daughter was having a job :p to sit down and put on her clothes, bet he is rubbing his hands with glee that she has to sit there in the nuddy :(
  • skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Why would a dad say that their daughter was having a job :p to sit down and put on her clothes, bet he is rubbing his hands with glee that she has to sit there in the nuddy :(

read that just as i was having supper......lost my appetite now :eek:

phil must be in heaven....**shiver**
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    OOh it's all go in the Chawner houshold.

Phil has posted this last night:
    Emma is not to good she has to go to Preston we do not know when she is in a lot of pain after her lumber puncher anyway thank you all for all the messages you all have been so sweet so love to you all take care love Phil and family xxxx

Someone asked what had happened - he replied:
    she has pressure on her brain and no they still do not know what id causing it xx

He was then asked how they knew she had this, he said:
    Emma went to have her eyes tested and they sent her to hospital and she had a scan and she has had headaches for three months

And also remembering to thank all his fans:
    just want to thank every one for your kind messages love to you all xxxx

It was interesting that someone mentioned the hospital food a la Aud and guess what the other day she posted a picture of her hospital food :D
    It looked like shepherds pie but instead of mash it was sliced potato with carrots on the side - the portion was a bit measly. :D

I do feel sorry for her but if she was that ill she would not be on Facebook posting pics etc - my husband has been poorly with severe headaches and he could do nothing but sleep and stay in a darkened room, he barely ate more than a piece of toast every day. He also had a lumbar puncture to see if he had a haemoraghee (sp?:) (where is Phil to help with my medical spelling?!?!) maybe this is what they were considering?

Will try to keep you updated
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Just noticed that when Emma posted about the food being awful she also posted:
    Been in hospital 30hours and still waiting to have it done its taking the piss

Like I said - if she was that ill she would not be moaning about the time because she would so ill she would probably be asleep and not keeping track of time - stupid bint!!

Sorry to get wound up but when I think about my husband being in hospital for a week and then poorly at home for 4 months not being able to get out of bed it makes me cross that she is posting all this crap but is clearly quite well!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she has pressure on her brain and no they still do not know what id causing it xx

What brain? :confused:
  • skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    What brain? :confused:

:D:D:D
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw an advert for the american series 'Honey Booboo' which has been talked about on these threads. Starts 14th May on the TLC channel (Sky 125). It may go someway to filling the massive hole left in our lives by the Chawns!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    can you all see the new cover picture Emma just put on her Facebook??? OMG!!!

https://www.facebook.com/emma.chawner.5
    Forum Member
    And Chris Chawner has commented about how hilarious it is. Phil actually looks the best but then he is the furthest away....
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can you all see the new cover picture Emma just put on her Facebook??? OMG!!!

https://www.facebook.com/emma.chawner.5

:D:D:D:D:D:D

PS: Nice to see the thread revived as always!
    Forum Member
    Phil's put that photo on his facebook page as well. Any idea when it was taken? If there was a comment from Chris Chawner on there it seems to have gone now.

Emma is also still waiting to go to hospital in Preston.
    hi Emma has got to go and have a eye test but she is is waiting to go to Preston i will let you all know take care love Phil and family xxxx

You know, Phil is getting better at this typing lark. Three capital letters ALL in the right place. Pity he missed the one at the start of the sentence and all punctuation, but it is a start.
  • LillyleiLillylei Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Sam has a cover pic with her and a man!!!! A man who isnt Philth!!! How can he have let this happen?
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this thread had returned to page one so wondered what had been going on with the Chawns since I last visited.

Besides Emma's hospital stay - any other news?
    Forum Member
    It appears there is another series in the pipeline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Emma's cover photo is hilarious!
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    And Chris Chawner has commented about how hilarious it is. Phil actually looks the best but then he is the furthest away....

Bwhaaa haaaa haaa :D
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who told you that? If only it was true.😄😃😀
  • BoqBoq Posts: 14
    Forum Member

Much as I would like that to be true, the cover photo is actually a promo shot taken for the first series of 'Big Fat Challenge'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-1Jc5Hoj0Y
    Forum Member
    Well, there is this mythical Japanese show that was supposed to be starting last year, but got delayed to the summer according to Phil.

Probably about time we started asking him about it again.
    Forum Member
    greengran wrote: »
    Who told you that? If only it was true.😄😃😀

Both Emma and the Prodigal Son have alluded to the fact there's another show coming out. If course it could be nothing but Chawnfiction.

I do believe indeed it's time to get some answers....