Dead Rising 3

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
Couldn't find a thread on this when I done a search.

Did anyone pick this up at launch? All the videos I had seen previously were really impressive and was making this one of the stand out launch titles for me. But then I read about issues with its performance and it put me off it a bit. However, from watching Twitch streams, it doesn't seem that bad. All those zombies & ways to kill them look awesome! :cool:

What are your thoughts on the game? I've ordered this to go with my X1 when it comes, along with Forza 5 and Peggle 2 download whenever it's released.

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got it this morning and love it. Haven't really come across any framerate issues. The first time in the game when I looked down at what must have been 500+ moving zombies my jaw just dropped.

Plus I've been giving the smartglass app ago with it as well and is a rather nice small extra.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Only played it for 15 minutes. Got to the part where you make the first combo weapon (The sledgehammer saw thingy)

I'm waiting on one of my friends so we can play though in co-op.

So far it looks gorgeous and runs really well. I can foresee myself having a lot of fun with this.
  • JoshyxJoshyx Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Is the story mode like the other two where you only have 24 hours to complete it? I didn't like that feature because I found I couldn't get enough things done in the game..
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Joshyx wrote: »
    Is the story mode like the other two where you only have 24 hours to complete it? I didn't like that feature because I found I couldn't get enough things done in the game..

No, although i believe there is a seperate 'Nightmare mode' that has time limits

from wiki
    In the game's regular story mode, there are checkpoints, and the player has the ability to save anywhere. The time limit that was present in the previous installments of Dead Rising have been removed.

While playing nightmare mode, the player will be able to play a more traditional Dead Rising experience. There will be a time limit with no checkpoints, and Nick will only be able to save in restrooms, as in the previous installments.

It is available from the beginning of the game.
  • JoshyxJoshyx Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Ah cool, I'm debating on getting Dead rising 3 or Ryse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dead rising is such a laugh!
    Its got a few obscure walking dead references but its got so much in terms of game play and variety that you just cant lose.

Such a blast when your surrounded by loads and loads of zombies then fighting your way out.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, Dead Rising got an additional patch to iron out frame rate issues.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    No, although i believe there is a seperate 'Nightmare mode' that has time limits

from wiki

But yet, there is a countdown on this one too of 5 days. So I'm confused about the whole time limit aspect again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Not having logged on today I'm not 100% sure but there a number of challenge/achievement things that only last so long. Might it be one if those?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Dezcore wrote: »
    Not having logged on today I'm not 100% sure but there a number of challenge/achievement things that only last so long. Might it be one if those?

I just checked the Smartglass app and there's a challenge for Dead Rising 3 that has 5 days left to kill 5000 zombies in that time.

You get a Grim Reaper head as reward.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    When you complete chapter 7, can you continue sith the game & do all the side quests? I'm just at the start of chapter 3 at the moment so have some way to go
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not continue as such but you can replay each chapter. It will save the progress you've made with collectibles and number of Zed kills etc. But you'll have to clear out safehouses again. Gives me a chance to save the two followers I lost.

Giving DR3 a break until 20th Dec (I think) that's when the next challenge starts.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Woot I'm getting this next week, pretty excited about it! :)
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woot I'm getting this next week, pretty excited about it! :)

You won't be disappointed, I've had a couple of hours tonight on this, very enjoyable :D

There is something to be said for mindless violence using everyday objects!
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting this game soon along with some others I just need to get one or two bills out of the way first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You won't be disappointed, I've had a couple of hours tonight on this, very enjoyable :D

There is something to be said for mindless violence using everyday objects!

Does mess with your head a bit.
    After playing it for 5 days straight, I ventured into the town centre and saw the masses of Xmas shoppers on Market Street and all I could think of was mowing them all down with my Rollerhawg.:D
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get out of room at the start? :blush: I got the blueprints off the table and also a sedge hammer and saw but how do I get out to the zombies?
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Have you joined the two items together yet? If so then the exit is at the back of the kitchen. If not hold RB then combine them.
    Forum Member
    Played the demo, which is a bit stingy but I definitely enjoyed my session on it. I love how the game world is so much more explorable than in earlier games. It's visually impressive as well despite what some people like to say about it. It's effectively removed all the tedious and frustrating elements of the original DR games and ramped up the fun.
    Forum Member
    So I bought this last night off the marketplace, I know it's a little more expensive but it's so convenient being able to switch games on X1 it's worth paying the extra I think. Really fast download speeds again as well.

I ended up playing it for a good few hours last night, so far really impressed with it, the gameplay is just so fun, feels perfect with the X1 controller but it's slightly overwhelming as the world is so big combined with so much to do plus the map is a bit hard to make sense of.

Technically it's impressive too, from the lighting to the smooth frame rate, there's so many on-screen zombies it's insane at points, I've never seen anything quite like it. Had a couple of boss fights so far, one of my pet peeves from the series as they were always so frustrating but not in this, they were actually fun, fancy that!

Definitely going to be a game that keeps me occupied over the Christmas period. :)
    Forum Member
    I also wanted to ask if I missed out on anything with the Day One exclusive content? I missed out on that as it's expired from the digital version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also wanted to ask if I missed out on anything with the Day One exclusive content? I missed out on that as it's expired from the digital version.

Think it's just a couple of weapons and outfits.
    Chuck Green outfit and Paddlesaw (chainsaw at either end of a canoe paddle) combo weapon (good for mid-late game hordes)
    Frank West outfit and Zombie Slugger combo weapon (baseball bat with nails and barbed wire)
    Both weapons have better than normal durability.

Next challenge starts this week to spill so much zombie blood before Xmas day.

First piece of DLC out Xmas eve.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to DR3 more than anything else.
    I have DR3 & Forza 5 coming with my XB1 from ShopTo tomorrow :D
    Forum Member
    Think it's just a couple of weapons and outfits.
    Chuck Green outfit and Paddlesaw (chainsaw at either end of a canoe paddle) combo weapon (good for mid-late game hordes)
    Frank West outfit and Zombie Slugger combo weapon (baseball bat with nails and barbed wire)
    Both weapons have better than normal durability.

Next challenge starts this week to spill so much zombie blood before Xmas day.

First piece of DLC out Xmas eve.

Thanks for letting me know. :)
    Forum Member
    Love this game. Highlights are; immense replayability, beautiful gfx (particularly since the recent scaler update), dialogue that had me laughing out loud at points and incredibly moreish gameplay, it's pretty much got it all. The main downside for me was finding it a bit confusing to get into. Gonna try a nightmare play through after reading this but I get the feeling based on past DR games it's gonna be tough.