Forza Horizon 2

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
It's been confirmed that the sequel to Forza Horizon will be available this autumn on X1 & the 360.

It's going to be set in Southern Europe, use the Drivatar feature and for the first time, have a proper weather system

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/02/ign-first-forza-horizon-2-announced

I loved Horizon on the 360 & this plus the Kinectless X1 may talk me into getting for later in the year for my Christmas/birthday if Driveclub on the PS4 turns out to be a load of crap

Comments

• deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. I enjoyed the first one, so looking forward to this one.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    It is quite strange that they're releasing it on both 360 and XB1

(great for 360 owners, I have to say..)
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I was just thinking that. MS really have an odd way about attracting 360 owners over to the X1. But hey it's good for 360 owners.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cross gen, ffs...
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great I will be buying this
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see it arrive, not something I'll play but will be interesting watching the development of it (with a selfish view to see things being put into Forza 6).

I'm not a big fan of drivatar, slightly disappointed to see T10 persisting with that but I can see it becoming the standard in the future and more dynamic than computer AI.

Mixed feelings about cross platform.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit annoyed by cross-gen. They abandonded 360 with the flagship game why not with Horizon?

Be getting it on X1 though, no doubts there.

Tier 7 awaits...
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting this to be one of the big game announcements during E3 but I guess not. As IGN are posting a preview tomorrow which I guess will include videos and screenshots.

Does make you wonder what have MS got up their sleeve? :confused:
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    I had an odd time with the original, Loved it when I 1st played the demo & enjoyed it when I 1st played the full game at a friends. However when I brought the game myself I hardly played it as I just found it got very boring very quickly.

Although to be fair that's an issue I find I have with most open world driving games, I just get tired of having to drive around to find/get to events. I'd rather just select what I want to do & what car I want to drive on a menu & then be on a closed route.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for this. I hope the soundtrack is as good as the original.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Screenshots sure do look pretty. I'm interested to see how it stacks up against PS4's Driveclub.

I'm Itching to get my hands on a proper new-gen racer. (No offence Mario)
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Yeah I was just thinking that. MS really have an odd way about attracting 360 owners over to the X1. But hey it's good for 360 owners.

Maybe they are looking to ensure they get the sales numbers by releasing it on the 360 as well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, the X1 version will be built on the Forza 5 engine by Playground and 360 version on the existing Horizon engine by Sumo Digital.

Not too fussed about cross-gen anymore.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah cross gen isn't a problem due to the different engines, that probably counts out 60fps for the X1 game though. Really exciting news though, I might even buy both versions since I expect them to play quite differently. If the dynamic weather system is as good as the dynamic lighting in the first game then it'll be pretty special. :)

As Red Arrow pointed out, more than a little peculiar that MS chose to announce this a week before E3, along with Quantum Break confirmed not to be at the conference and given a 2015 release date. I wonder what they have planned? Something exciting I hope.
  • Tictac2Tictac2 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    According to IGN it's 1080p with framerate locked at 30fps.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heres hoping Alice Hart makes a return.

:)
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Roll on Forza Horizon 2, loved the first one even if I never managed to complete most of the harder challenges.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy they are being made by different teams hope they one version is epic, I loved the first one :)

Hope they add more of them epic races with planes etc, and maybe more side missions I know it's not GTA but would be nice to have to do say deliveries of parts to people etc.

And more hidden stuff such as the barns but bigger and better lol

And I know it's unlikely to happen but actual body kits for cars and tons more alloy options would be nice.
    Forum Member
    Trailer is here!

Short but sweet, looks great and as IGN already discussed it's quick to show that it offers more freedom in where you can drive. And.. thunder!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Happy they are being made by different teams hope they one version is epic, I loved the first one :)

Hope they add more of them epic races with planes etc, and maybe more side missions I know it's not GTA but would be nice to have to do say deliveries of parts to people etc.

And more hidden stuff such as the barns but bigger and better lol

And I know it's unlikely to happen but actual body kits for cars and tons more alloy options would be nice.

Agreed. Would like this in F5 too.
    Forum Member
    1080p Screenshots for those that haven't seen them yet.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing some live Horizon 2 demos as E3 goes on. It would of been nice if they spent a bit more time on it during the conference but I liked what we saw, the weather effects look so pretty.

200 cars confirmed, not sure about tuning but I read something about it so would be cool if that's included, upgrades are in obviously and the map is supposedly 3x the size of the original Horizon. Gonna be a pretty epic game
    Forum Member
    A little bit of gameplay footage :)

The freedom to drive where you want now is great, much more like TDU now. I did see a video of some heavy rain condition from cockpit view and it looked lovely, the dynamic driver/wheel reflections are in and little beads of rain stick to the glass, looks so cool!. I'll try and find it and post here,
    Forum Member
    Here we are Nissan GT-R demo
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I didn't play much of Forza Horizon. I take it from what iv'e seen that this has a lot more of a less serious vibe to it then the main Forza series? The music seems very bouncy and uplifting for example.

The game looks incredible to me. I'll be a happy chap once this hits retail.