Options

Soccer Aid 2014 - 6pm ITV tonight (8.6.14)

AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Wasn't sure where to put this, either here or on the Football board, but went for here as it was a tv programme.

Is anyone else watching or is it just me that's waiting to see them all in their kit :p

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I'm watching too, mainly for James McAvoy :D please tell me he is there this year?lol
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the program/event and celebrity pals involved odious. Failed soccer wanabees and bland Oily Murs types.
    It is for charity though I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I'm watching too, mainly for James McAvoy :D please tell me he is there this year?lol

Oh most definately :p And I just saw Stephen Moyer from True Blood too...he's got a lovely british accent..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the program/event and celebrity pals involved odious. Failed soccer wanabees and bland Oily Murs types.
    It is for charity though I suppose.

As you say it's for charity, so they could all sit in the middle of the pitch and have a picnic for all I care..lol. I actually think it's much better than Comic Relief, at least this way we get to see the stars that don't normally do Comic Relief. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Give some of your millions then Hamilton.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so funny how they take it so serious. Get a grip.

I'd rather just watch em all in the showers after :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's so funny how they take it so serious. Get a grip.

I'd rather just watch em all in the showers after :)

I would donate if we could see that.
  • Options
    Captain Peac0ckCaptain Peac0ck Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Advert Aid more like. Two hours build-up (1 hour adverts; ½hour of being told what's coming up; and ½ hour of people being asked How do they feel)
    Usual characters & an annoying fly buzzing around in the background that is Dermot O'Dreary.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to put this, either here or on the Football board, but went for here as it was a tv programme.

Is anyone else watching or is it just me that's waiting to see them all in their kit :p
    Me :)
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt anything will ever beat Boris Johnson's tackle from a few years ago.

I'm happy though to see Vampire Bill on our side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least this way we get to see the stars that don't normally do Comic Relief. :D

Oily Murs rarely does a charity event does he ? I remember when he used to pretend to sing rather than do a cheesy grin for money.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate this cos i must sound awful.. but I refuse to donate to anything when asked to do so by a guy that earns £20 million a year for driving a car. He`s earned £4,000 just during the 90 minutes this game is on.

Is it not possible to watch a celeb event without having our conscience tugged with clips of dying kids and Dermot Leary spinning about..

If they show the percentage of Louis Hamiltons bank account he donated then I will consider matching that percentage.

But till then.. sorry
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not watching it as am watching the Canadian GP, I also won't be donating as imho it is pointless in giving money to countries that continue to spread Aids by not using that little thing called contraception. Not to mention that it is also feeding the pockets of corrupt homophobic governments. Had the money gone to those in poverty in the UK, then I may have been that little more caring & interested, but as the majority of the money goes abroad, then I won't be watching.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I switched over briefly and saw that awful Caroline Flack woman so quickly switched back.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I switched over briefly and saw that awful Caroline Flack woman so quickly switched back.>:(

Is she the prize or the booby prize for the losers ?
    I am channel flicking at the moment, avoiding ITV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hang on! Sam Worthington is English, he was born in Godalming!,lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    I doubt anything will ever beat Boris Johnson's tackle from a few years ago.

I'm happy though to see Vampire Bill on our side.

That tackle will go in history, he made the game I think :D

I've just gone into a jelly wobble after seeing Vampire Bill, James McAvoy and Jose Mourhino all on one show... What more can I girl ask for...
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what a miserable bunch we have on this thread. I for one am going to sit and enjoy the evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Hang on! Sam Worthington is English, he was born in Godalming!,lol

I don't think it matters where they were born, I think they spread it all out evenly. Well I think that's what they do....

If See White Dee in the audience I am going to turn over very sharply, especially as her twitter account said she had been asked to go there..

Ooooh Adam Richman - he looks (can't say I will get banned..) :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a miserable bunch we have on this thread. I for one am going to sit and enjoy the evening.

Me too, although I won't be watching the game I'll just be watching the stars... :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We`re not miserable.. we just don`t sit here soaking everything up like a dry sponge... unlike some people
  • Options
    CaseyKleinCaseyKlein Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it matters where they were born, I think they spread it all out evenly. Well I think that's what they do....

If See White Dee in the audience I am going to turn over very sharply, especially as her twitter account said she had been asked to go there..

Ooooh Adam Richman - he looks (can't say I will get banned..) :blush:

Who is he? Don't recognise him
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see they are making a film about Eddie Stobart.
    I've just seen the trailer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This Flack woman is annoying, did they advertise for a woman with an annoying voice for the job? she sounds like she has been inhaling helium.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see this so often at Sport Aid.. that young lad was an example.. Dermot Leary walked right past him and he was so busy looking at him through a 3.5 inch screen on his phone he virtually missed him.. Put your phones down people and soak it up.