Options

topuptv boxes

philipianjonesphilipianjones Posts: 167
Forum Member
Do you think any of the Manufacturers of the topup tv boxes will send an update to make them full freeview pvr boxes?

My Digihome box has problems on some channels when use series link. i.e records the series but also on the +1 channels and any repeats. Never used to on the old 14 day guide?

Comments

• Options
    Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt that there will be any updates. Manufacturers very rapidly lose interest in 'old' hardware - they tend to concentrate efforts into the next generation.
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I have 2 Thomson DTI6300 which work 100% better since formatting the hard drives and since TUTV stopped sending software updates to them.
    They both had the capacitors changed in the PSU prior to TUTV ceasing.
    Before TUTV ceased they were unreliable --- missing recordings for no reason.
    Use the 8 day (Freeview +) EPG .
    I hope no one sends a software update to the boxes ever again.
    Regards
  • Options
    es6300es6300 Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    oscar1 wrote: »
    I have 2 Thomson DTI6300 which work 100% better since formatting the hard drives and since TUTV stopped sending software updates to them.
    They both had the capacitors changed in the PSU prior to TUTV ceasing.
    Before TUTV ceased they were unreliable --- missing recordings for no reason.
    Use the 8 day (Freeview +) EPG .
    I hope no one sends a software update to the boxes ever again.
    Regards

My Thomson box is using the 8 day EPG, but every now and then, it has a habit of powering itself on.

It never done this before TUTV ceased - so thought it's just the box searching for EPG information (or TUTV info)
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    es6300 wrote: »
    My Thomson box is using the 8 day EPG, but every now and then, it has a habit of powering itself on.

It never done this before TUTV ceased - so thought it's just the box searching for EPG information (or TUTV info)

Would have thought it would do that at the same time every day ?
    Mine are on all the time --- never in standby.
    Can't help sorry ......
    Regards