Options

Talk Talk

xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
Forum Member
getting fed up with talk talk
not getting incoming calls
contacted them 3 times about it but nothing happens
would you advice terminating talk talk ?

if so who would you go for ?

Comments

• Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Have you tried posting on the TalkTalk Forum: http://community.talktalk.co.uk/. Also TalkTalkSupport is a member of DS. Send him a PM.
  • Options
    humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE Talk Talk.

Was with them for a while, happy, and then got a phone call from them one day. They were offering me another service which, right from the start I said no. I kept saying NO and he passed me on to his 'manager' anyway. I said NO don't bother, I don't want it. I got passed on anyway and said NO to the 'manager' too. I didn't want it, wanted nothing to do with it (leave me alone), I made it absolutely Crystal Clear I wanted none of it. I received the paperwork for the 'thing' I didn't want two days later.

I left them that day and will NEVER go back.

They were a kosher Talk Talk sales team, no matter what Talk Talk say. They hire bullies that will MAKE you take a deal/package/what-not that you don't want.

Sorry to hijack thread but, I would go with ANYONE that is not Talk Talk.

Personally speaking - of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah they can be really annoying. I've been with them for several years now but they're doing my head in trying to offer me their 'free' YouView box which I've told them numerous times I don't want. They keep sending me letters too, even though I'm opted out of marketing, and highjacking my login. I wrote to them last week so I'll see what happens.

I'm slowly getting to the stage where I might ditch them and I'm wondering whether that's what they want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im thinking of phoning up and saying.... I want to finish at the end of the quarter
    but who do I go for then ? BT ?

Im on the net with AOL but Im not sure how thats tied in with talk talk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's ultimately down to you where you move to, but if you look in the Broadband Internet Forum you'll find there's problems aplenty with all the companies and it's just down to luck whether you get them or not. If you get in touch and say you're leaving it'll probably focus their attention and get your problem fixed asap or try their Facebook page.

You're probably going to get a better deal if you have phone and broadband with the same company. It depends where you live as well and the type of line that's available and your nearness to the exchange: http://compnetworking.about.com/od/dsldigitalsubscriberline/a/availability.htm
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky are ok but my broadband is very slow... But reliable
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Hi,

If you regster on the TalkTalk Community (link above) we can look into the issue with your inbound calls for you.

Alternatively you can run a check online using the Service Centre and following the Home Phone "Report & Repair" steps

Cheers

Mark
    Online Community Department
    TalkTalk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my life, don't you foreget, it never ends...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im just losing the plot with talk talk
    you phone, its different people,
    I even got the email of one, he answered one e mail
    I sent 4 more over the course of a week.... you guessed
    ... no reply .

Somebody told me that talk talk are the parent company of AOL .... !
    thats a surprise I thought AOL was a mega huge corporation linked with Time Warner !
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Im just losing the plot with talk talk
    you phone, its different people,
    I even got the email of one, he answered one e mail
    I sent 4 more over the course of a week.... you guessed
    ... no reply .

Somebody told me that talk talk are the parent company of AOL .... !
    thats a surprise I thought AOL was a mega huge corporation linked with Time Warner !

The two companies split in 2009!
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Hi,

If you regster on the TalkTalk Community (link above) we can look into the issue with your inbound calls for you.

Alternatively you can run a check online using the Service Centre and following the Home Phone "Report & Repair" steps

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk

Don't bother.

It's absolutely hopeless. They use self-important volunteers to police it and they delete posts they don't like.

Last spring TalkTalk chose to abuse my parents and refused to repair a fault for nearly two weeks. Even denying a fault existed - despite the line being engaged constantly.

It was only through persistence on my part and driving one of their staff to break down in tears and making it clear if it wasn't sorted soon I'd be en-route to their head office in person that it finally got sorted.

300 metres of cables were replaced by Openworld...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well yesterday I received an extremely badly written letter from TalkTalk promising to stop sending me marketing letters, from a Mr. Panda. I just hope it's not a bear faced lie.

Only the login highjacking screen to sort now.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evil c wrote: »
    Well yesterday I received an extremely badly written letter from TalkTalk promising to stop sending me marketing letters, from a Mr. Panda. I just hope it's not a bear faced lie.

Only the login highjacking screen to sort now.....

It must be un bear able..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't bother.

It's absolutely hopeless. They use self-important volunteers to police it and they delete posts they don't like.

Last spring TalkTalk chose to abuse my parents and refused to repair a fault for nearly two weeks. Even denying a fault existed - despite the line being engaged constantly.

It was only through persistence on my part and driving one of their staff to break down in tears and making it clear if it wasn't sorted soon I'd be en-route to their head office in person that it finally got sorted.

300 metres of cables were replaced by Openworld...

Hi TUTVViewer,

The TalkTalk Community is operated, managed and maintained by TalkTalk Staff.

We only remove posts where these are in breach of the community guidelines. Customers are welcome to share their views whether positive or negative as we use this information to help drive process improvements across the company by feeding back to product owners

@EvilC - For marketing opt outs these usually take around 28 days to complete fully, after this you shouldnt receive any further communication and we will leaf ( :) ) it upto you to contact us about products and promotions

Cheers
    Mark
    TalkTalk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @EvilC - For marketing opt outs these usually take around 28 days to complete fully, after this you shouldnt receive any further communication and we will leaf ( :) ) it upto you to contact us about products and promotions

Cheers
    Mark
    TalkTalk

Well thank you Mark. I have absolute faith in TalkTalk of course. :) I get the nasty feeling you know who I am...when am I going to receive my loyal customer discount instead of a YouView box?? I might even let you put me under contract again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    typical of talk talk is nt it

I join the forum

we will send you a confirmation e mail

nothing arrives

I go back to the forum.... click resend the confirmation e mail...

30 mins later........ nilo !
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    The TalkTalk Community is operated, managed and maintained by TalkTalk Staff.

We only remove posts where these are in breach of the community guidelines. Customers are welcome to share their views whether positive or negative as we use this information to help drive process improvements across the company by feeding back to product owners

And the "Moderators"?
  • Options
    OmlOml Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Talktalk are crap. They are my phone and broadband provider simply because they are cheap but that's the only positive.

Broadband drops out for no reason all the time (tried many times to get this fixed but nothing worked, then about 6 months later they decided to sneak an engineer callout on my bill when I specifically checked they would not charge me because they wanted to send the engineer themselves) I just tether 3G from my phone instead of using the broadband.

They put the prices up about a month after I renew a contract with them which annoys me.

The worst one for me is the fact talktalk wrote the wrong name down for my account when I first signed up with them and I can't change it as I'm "not the account holder"
    I did fill out a form sending my passport and marriage certificate etc but they just ignored it and won't deal with anyone other than the non-existent account holder.

That's my talktalk vent for the day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HI All,

@Evil C - UNless your username here and on the TT communtiy are exactly the same its unlikey ill know exactly who you are, im not Sherlock or Poirot, just a regular guy :) If you speak to the loyalty teams they can discuss any current promotions/discounts that you can get for renewing your contract, feel free to post it as a request on the TT community and we can book a callback for you from a Loyalty agent

@TUTV - Moderators are non TT staff, but they are under guidelines of what information to moderate under the community guidelines. This is also reviewed by TT staff to ensure moderators are in compliance with the community guidelines. Modertors wont remove comments jsut because their arent positive, only where this breaches our community guidelines (such as spam, harrassment, offensive behaviour, profanity sellling, flooding). Provided all posts are in adherance to the community guildelines they wont be removed

@xxtimbo - have you checked that its not been makred as spam/junk in your email folders??

@Oml - If you join the community we can take a look into it for you.

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    finally got the confirmation link.......... 3 hours later !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if I do change from talk talk can anyone advice
    who to go for to get good .... unlimited b band and
    telephone calls ...