Options

The Killing III - BBC 4 Pace ***NO SPOILERS***

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks - enjoy the peace and quiet! Have to say I can't multitask well enough to read this and subtitles (and stay awake :p) - must try harder! :)

Haha, if I could I'd get out of it but alas I can't. May well take the Lund water bottle though as going up to Scotland so expecting it to be more than a little chilly, brrr!

Have a nice one. Bring us all a haggis back to enjoy. Mmmm.:):)
  • Options
    DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - enjoy the peace and quiet! Have to say I can't multitask well enough to read this and subtitles (and stay awake :p) - must try harder! :)

Haha, if I could I'd get out of it but alas I can't. May well take the Lund water bottle though as going up to Scotland so expecting it to be more than a little chilly, brrr!

Scotland, very nice. :cool:

Ah, I can't promise I'll stay awake :D but I have missed not sharing the thready mayhem as it all unfolds. :cool:
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was Karen's idea to take the Kampers to the house, wasn't it?

Did they check the water damage? They didn't even mention it!
    ....and what was Stoffer really doing downstairs???:D

I suppose one of them had to actually deal with the insurance-person / builder that Karen had set up an appointment with? Although I suppose Karen might have been doing that. She does an awful lot of personal stuff for a spin-doctor, doesn't she?
  • Options
    dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I took that to mean the Commish didn't want to make a decision so was hiding under the duvet.

Brix wanted the higher ups to make the decision about Robert being at the exchange. Everyone wanted to pass the buck. So Brix made the decision on his own.

I don't quite trust Brix in this series. He's keeping Lund in the dark about some things, for example sending Borch to Jutland without her. Special Branch must have his cooperation for involving Borch in everything (and maybe Brix brought Asbjorn in, who does not seem a transparent character). So I think the high-ups have got to Brix in the way they want these matters handled--and he may have been taken for a sap. If this is so, then our Lund is working with one arm tied behind her back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't quite trust Brix in this series. He's keeping Lund in the dark about some things, for example sending Borch to Jutland without her. Special Branch must have his cooperation for involving Borch in everything (and maybe Brix brought Asbjorn in, who does not seem a transparent character). So I think the high-ups have got to Brix in the way they want these matters handled--and he may have been taken for a sap. If this is so, then our Lund is working with one arm tied behind her back.

Did Brix send Borch to Jutland. Sarah's gopher said he volunteered to go(Juncker says to Lund straight after this ''you should have shot him'' - which I found very funny).

I didn't have any doubts about Brix. But now....?:cry::cry:

Not sure how the PET and police working together works actually. Who is in charge of what. PET report to the justice minister and the PM. Brix is answerable to his superiors. Which will be the Chief of Police ultimately.
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I get it - He was 'killed' after that scene. ( got my scenes mixed up :.o) and the skurk somehow got to him there?

It's possible, I suppose.The skurk's got a table full of mobile phones an ear piece, a padlock and a computer which makes me think he's got an accomplice...and he wants revenge done his way.

According to Brix, "The Police Commissioner seems to have vanished.":.eek:

ps. I hope you had a warm, comfortable night, Minski. Have you invested in any of those Lundesque jumpers and recommended hot water bottle covers yet?:.D
    It was absolutely freezing in London this morning. Brrrrr!:.(

I think so too. Although, if he's not the father than he could be a relative.

Same here.

A rebel dad. Love it!! :.D

When tight-lipped Robert was questioned by Brix and Lund in his office, you could see from Reinhardt's expression that he (Rheinhardt) wanted to say something, but didn't.

He does come across as being very loyal - to someone.:.confused:

At the police station, Robert tells Lund and Brix, " He'll be able to tell it's not me."
    So, does Robert know who the skurk is?

Yes, it was Karen's idea to take the Kampers to the house, wasn't it?

Did they check the water damage? They didn't even mention it!
    ....and what was Stoffer really doing downstairs???:.D

I am currently channeling Lund as we speak :D (and it's from Denmark) :cool:
    Had to use my Lund water bottle last night, it was sooo cold! Worked a treat, just had to stop Mr OC from trying to steal it :.D

Going away for the weekend and will miss watching on Sat :.( :.eek: so will bid you hej hej and keep myself away from here and the Guardian until I've caught up on Sunday.

have a lovely time OC :D
    Denley wrote: »
    ooh lucky you, have a good one. :cool: Conversely, miss D's away for the weekend and our house guests are off out so I will be watching eps 5 & 6 and keeping up with this thread "live" tomorrow. :)

Hope Miss D has a great time, we'll keep you company on here :D :eek:
    Afternoon Em. HAHAHAHAHA(twirls moustache emoticon)

:eek::eek::p
  • Options
    toodeeptoodeep Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I don't remember it quite like that, but maybe Brix didn't want Special Branch interfering with Lund's investigation...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    :eek::eek::p

Just to be clear. I hope you and Em both survive TK3.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Brix send Borch to Jutland. Sarah's gopher said he volunteered to go(Juncker says to Lund straight after this ''you should have shot him'' - which I found very funny).

I didn't have any doubts about Brix. But now....?:cry::cry:

Not sure how the PET and police working together works actually. Who is in charge of what. PET report to the justice minister and the PM. Brix is answerable to his superiors. Which will be the Chief of Police ultimately.

If we see Brix's female superior overruling him in future episodes, then that will clinch it, because every time she interfered during TK2 it was a disaster. She hasn't figured so far, but I think there was a shot of her walking through a doorway with Brix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we see Brix's female superior overruling him in future episodes, then that will clinch it, because every time she interfered during TK2 it was a disaster. She hasn't figured so far, but I think there was a shot of her walking through a doorway with Brix.

Do you mean at the beginning when Sarah first introduced Juncker to him? The young woman with him then wasn't Ruth ....(can't remember her second name - Minkski will have it in her notebooks). To be honest I've not spotted her, if she's been on.

Brix doesn't wear a wedding ring by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean at the beginning when Sarah first introduced Juncker to him? The young woman with him then wasn't Ruth ....(can't remember her second name - Minkski will have it in her notebooks). To be honest I've not spotted her, if she's been on.

No, it was a scene in episode 4 (or 3?). A tall woman in a skirt suit comes through a doorway with him, and I assumed it was that woman who was bossing him about in TK2. I'm probably wrong, as usual.

We do know that there are channels whereby high-ups can influence someone like Brix, because Brix got his job after Beutcher (?), Lund's first boss, was got at (I think).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to be clear. I hope you and Em both survive TK3.;)

Me too :D

Ruth Hegeby :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it was a scene in episode 4 (or 3?). A tall woman in a skirt suit comes through a doorway with him, and I assumed it was that woman who was bossing him about in TK2. I'm probably wrong, as usual.

We do know that there are channels whereby high-ups can influence someone like Brix, because Brix got his job after Beutcher (?), Lund's first boss, was got at (I think).

OK. I remember the woman from episode 1. She was a stunner. Will check episode 4. And get back to you.

I'd rather not go into TK1 details too much if you don't mind. Not being discourteous or rude. But some people on here haven't seen TK1(or TK2 for that matter). Hope you understand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You do make me smile sometimes Em.:):):)
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Scotland. :cool:

If I could get out of London I'd go to Scotland. Shall we swap?:p

Have a good time, anyway.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terrie1957 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Asbjorn looks like PM Kamper?
    Could this be his son, who has possibly changed his name so as not to be associated with PM?
    :o

I doubt it's his son,terrie. It can't be that long since he 'left home.'
    Besides, the PM would recognise his own son. - If he gets a glimpse of Asbjorn he'll see it's not him.
    Still, you never know with these series.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Scotland. :cool:

If I could get out of London I'd go to Scotland. Shall we swap?:p

Have a good time, anyway.:)

Thanks :) Yeah why not ;) We go down to London quite often too as that's where Mr OC is from - I love going but if it wasn't for his family and friends still living down there I don't think he'd ever set foot there again. Will be a quick dash up North- just going to visit a friend tomorrow then back on Sunday -shame as lots to see, (un)fortunately the inside of a pub might be the best view I get :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    I suppose one of them had to actually deal with the insurance-person / builder that Karen had set up an appointment with? Although I suppose Karen might have been doing that. She does an awful lot of personal stuff for a spin-doctor, doesn't she?

I agree, saralund.
    Karen knows about the tragedy in his family and could have set the appointment for a different date. She's supposedly in love with him.
    MP Kamper didn't even have to get out of the car - It didn't look as if he was needed there.
    Nostalgic memories drew him in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks :) Yeah why not ;) We go down to London quite often too as that's where Mr OC is from - I love going but if it wasn't for his family and friends still living down there I don't think he'd ever set foot there again. Will be a quick dash up North- just going to visit a friend tomorrow then back on Sunday -shame as lots to see, (un)fortunately the inside of a pub might be the best view I get :D

Haha, I don't blame you! Have fun in the pub then.:)

My entire family lives in London so I can't leave them just yet...but we're warming up to the idea of moving to Scotland one day.:)
    Actually, I'm quite a loyal Londoner. It's my home town (born and bred) Still, I'll happily move.

Mr RP and I really enjoyed ourselves in a pub in Scotland one year, during The World Cup!!! :eek:D

Ooops I've gone off topic.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member

Glad to be of service ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, I don't blame you! Have fun in the pub then.:)

My entire family lives in London so I can't leave them just yet...but we're warming up to the idea of moving to Scotland one day.:)
    Actually, I'm quite a loyal Londoner. It's my home town (born and bred) Still, I'll happily move.

Mr RP and I really enjoyed ourselves in a pub in Scotland one year, during The World Cup!!! :eek:D

Ooops I've gone off topic.:o

All together now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwtW2Lx5Vwc

:cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 5 didn't series link and wasn't set to record(BBC HD). Had to set it to record just now. Hope it was just my Sky box playing silly buggers and this doesn't affect others. Who may be away for the weekend?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I re-watched ep1 this afternoon. No wonder Robert was loathe to go to the school meeting - that place is haunted! :eek:

Check out the computers & the dinosaur skeleton on the school window sill ! :eek::eek::D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »

Not as much as she'd like! :D

:D:D

Always :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Episode 5 didn't series link and wasn't set to record(BBC HD). Had to set it to record just now. Hope it was just my Sky box playing silly buggers and this doesn't affect others. Who may be away for the weekend?

Thanks, reminded me to make sure Mr OC checks and double checks our Virgin box is set. Think he's going out too (while the cat's away..!) so in his interests as much as mine!