[Game] The Twist Factor: The Semifinal

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    OH NO MY RECORD MUST NOT BE BROKEN! *will destroy kev's next act but also swears the Niall and April hold that record as well?* :p

Niall and April both got 2 acts to the top four. You did not only do that, but also managed to get three acts to the top 5. If all of Kevin's remaining acts get through, he will have three acts in the top four, therefore beating your additional record. ;)
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw heck yeah! You little muffins have done it again by doing what you do best. This song was so fun to get into when I heard it, so thank you April for making that choice. That was a fantastic arrangement from you girls and you all sung your parts amazingly well. You've had a bumpy road so far but right now, you are back on top of your game and I hope you do get the chance to sing again. Well done, girls.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

Okay girls out of all of Soppy's category you were by far the best. The song suited you quite well and although I would've liked to of heard more harmonies come through in this performance I think it was still a good performance and suited you quite well. I would've prefered Jade or Leigh-anne to of been the lead as I think vocally it was more suited to them rather than you Perrie but overall a good performance.

overall how I felt about that performance
    Forum Member
    Niall and April both got 2 acts to the top four. You did not only do that, but also managed to get three acts to the top 5. If all of Kevin's remaining acts get through, he will have three acts in the top four, therefore beating your additional record. ;)

commences in voting Kev's acts very low :p (jk Kev won't be suprised if you do it :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you get those gifs from?

Cause I wanna start using some when I begin hosting. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good comments for Little Mix there, will they make it through or do the public have other ideas?

It's time for the final One Hit Wonder performance, brought to you by the flawless Beverly Savarin singing a cover of Two Way Street by Kimbra
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I134VaHGnDs
    Note: Imagine slightly more power but Beverley's soulful tone and excellent upper range are perfect for this.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverley Savarin: That was amazing Beverley! I could have trawled the archives for a predictable diva but I decided to take a risk by going for someone like Kimbra who isn't your stereotypical soul singer however this song really works for you, what really attracted me to you as a performer originally was that flawless upper range you have. As this song progresses, it becomes more and more obvious why I chose this track and I thought it was a risk well worth taking, obviously you added a slightly more soulful feel to the song but I think it was a brilliant performance overall, congrats Beverley!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverly...Beverly...Beverly...that was simply incredible! I once said that at the beginning, you would have the talent and the potential to be a darkhorse, so this was your chance to become a top contender and tonight, you were on fire! This was your best performance to date by far and we're not past the second round yet but I'm sure you'll be singing again. You were the best of the round tonight, well done Beverly on taking such a great risk.
    Forum Member
    Beverly

Now Beverly I am very 50/50 on this performance. I think it was decent but not as strong as a lot of your other performances. I mean Kimbra's higher range is quite well suited to you but the lower range is a bit off in my opinion and although it was better than a few other performance tonight it still felt just a bit below average compared to other performances. That being said you should still be going through with ease.

overall how I felt about that performance
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Where do you get those gifs from?

Cause I wanna start using some when I begin hosting. ;)

just go on google images and type in like "dancing gif" or whatever you want then gif and it usually comes up with a ton of gifs to use.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixed comments for Beverly Savarin, something we haven't seen a lot for her in the past...

Now, the top six acts have all sung once. However, instead of moving on to round 2 at this point, it's TWIST TIME! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another twist? Oh goody. :p
    Forum Member
    brb gotta eat and oooh twist
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mentioned earlier that tonight would be a double elimination, but that it would involve a twist. Well, here it is! The judges already knew about this, but they will get their surprise later this evening when there will be another twist that they DON'T know about! :D

All right, I am opening the voting lines now. The public will vote and decide which act is not worthy of singing again. This act will be eliminated in 6th place, and will NOT sing their second song. Vote to save your favourite everyone, shockers have been plentiful in situations like this!

Here's a reminder of the acts that performed tonight:
    Tasha Pyne - High Hopes by Kodaline (cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOCHwBxNEMc

Matt Defreitas - The Fear by Ben Howard (cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crZcF_wIzI8

Aiden Grimshaw - All I Want by Kodaline
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtf7hC17IBM

Girl v Boy - Over The Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Eva Cassidy (cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N9BWCA9XRs

Little Mix - Tightrope by Janelle Monae
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8SL_2EYA60
    Note: Ignore the rap sections, I couldn't find a solo version/appropriate cover. The chorus will be Perrie singing the melody and the other girls doing harmonies. The verses will be split between the other three girls.

Beverly Savarin - Two Way Street by Kimbra (cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I134VaHGnDs
    Note: Imagine slightly more power but Beverley's soulful tone and excellent upper range are perfect for this.
    To vote, please rank all the acts that have performed tonight from 6 to 1, assigning 6 points to your favourite act, all the way down to just 1 point for your least favourite act. Mentors can vote as well, and they CAN vote for their own acts as well. After you've listed the acts, PM the list to me (EndOfSanity).

The lines will remain open until 20:00, with the results taking place at 20:05 on this thread. That gives you just over 30 minutes to vote, so be quick about it if you want to save your favourites. After the results have been announced, we will continue with the second part of tonight's show.

In the meantime, feel free to talk about the show on this thread!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    My favourites tonight were Matt and Little Mix!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted, based on first round alone, there is just no way that I'm going to stop Kev from breaking Jack's record. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    My favourites tonight were Matt and Little Mix!!! :)

If they make the first cut, you'll be seeing them again tonight! :)
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Voted, based on first round alone, there is just no way that I'm going to stop Kev from breaking Jack's record. :p

Wouldn't count it as two judges left and 3 acts got elimnated from that :p lol jk but don't mind either way I'll just attempt to beat it in my next EoS game (if I can :p ) but at least I still have the most shows without an act being eliminated record! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep those votes rolling in, I'm already getting more than I expected to get in such a short time frame!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the lines are now CLOSED!

The public have been given around half an hour to vote, and now it's time to face the result of that vote.

The act that will be leaving the competition in 6th place obviously won't be singing a second song tonight, so it's not only an elimination but also a kick in the teeth for a mentor as one of their songs will not be showcased. Before I start announcing who has definitely made it through though, please welcome back the judges and their acts:

Team Kevin

Aiden Grimshaw
    Beverly Savarin
    Matt Defreitas

Team Steve

Little Mix
    Girl V Boy
    Tasha Pyne

And jackel1234 as our special guest judge!

Let's get to it then everyone. The first act that will be singing again tonight is:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Defreitas

Well done Matt and Kevin, you will be singing again soon!

The second act that got enough votes to make it through is:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Matt, I'm sure his second song will be fab.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix

Well done Steve, that's your girls safe right there!

Competing against Matt and Little Mix in part 2 of tonight's show is:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!

Thank you guys for saving Little Mix. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aiden Grimshaw

Well done Kevin and Aiden, that's both of your boys singing again!

The penultimate act that we'll hear again is: