Who is the bigger loss? Paul or Melanie?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Paul
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Agreed with your post again :)

We'll have to stop this :D
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll have to stop this :D

Yep Let's go back to disagreeing coz it doesn't seem right agreeing with each other :D
  • swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Paul.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul by far he was the best singer in the competition
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Louis said (was it on Xtra) that he changed his mind about two of them - so I think he picked Paul but changed him for someone else :cool:

When he said it, it sounded like he meant that he swapped Paul with Nicholas.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Neither are a big loss but if I had to pick Paul.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I'd say Melanie. I think it would have been amazing to have her on. I really loved her rendition of Run - that performance sort of won me over.

The boys are really ordinary and bad this year. Sam C may become decent if he does the James Arthur/'urban'/rock styled stuff. But Luke and Nick are just terrible. Paul was the best of a very bad bunch. He's great but I think the girls were all so good this year (including Relley and Jade).
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Paul Melanie was overrated .
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul.
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie. Paul is too much like Nicholas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joseph
  • RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Melanie for me but Paul is a big miss to
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Paul - great voice, deserved to go through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Neither. Both had good voices but crucially lacked "X Factor". Neither would have won OR been stars. They would have been safe choices, but surely that's not what the show or the music industry is about.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well obviously I'm a big supporter of Melanie, so I'm going to miss her a whole lot more, but whilst I think both deserved to get through, I think Paul being excluded is a lot more annoying, just because he was in a completely different league to the other boys. I thought Melanie was the best of the girls, but at least the ones who were chosen can actually sing too.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Convict wrote: »
    Neither. Both had good voices but crucially lacked "X Factor". Neither would have won OR been stars. They would have been safe choices, but surely that's not what the show or the music industry is about.

You're telling me that Nicholas and Luke have a better chance at being stars? Luke has a better chance at winning than Paul would have?
    Nicholas and Luke won't go anywhere after the show is over, and Paul has a much better voice than both of them.
    Paul might be a safe option, but he's still a better option than Luke.

I would argue the same for Melanie, because whilst Abi may know the direction she wants to go in, she'll never win and she's not likely to make any waves in the charts once the show is over.

I don't see what's so special about Hannah, either. Hyped up in the edit, but once the live shows come around, she'll be disposed of whenever they wish.

If we applied your reasons to every act, the majority of the final 12 wouldn't actually be in the final 12 right now.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    You're telling me that Nicholas and Luke have a better chance at being stars? Luke has a better chance at winning than Paul would have?
    Nicholas and Luke won't go anywhere after the show is over, and Paul has a much better voice than both of them.
    Paul might be a safe option, but he's still a better option than Luke.

I would argue the same for Melanie, because whilst Abi may know the direction she wants to go in, she'll never win and she's not likely to make any waves in the charts once the show is over.

I don't see what's so special about Hannah, either. Hyped up in the edit, but once the live shows come around, she'll be disposed of whenever they wish.

If we applied your reasons to every act, the majority of the final 12 wouldn't actually be in the final 12 right now.

Hannah has a great voice though. Melanie did too. Abi does too. It's so hard for the girls right now because they're so much better than the rest of the competition. It'd be so unfair if the girls left.

Paul was the only decent guy left. I can't see Louis doing well with Luke! He would have done even better with Giles for goodness sake!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul. I really don't see anything in Melanie at all. If it wasn't for the fact they kept banging on about it being her 4th time, I don't think I'd even remember her
  • marymclmarymcl Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring Back Melanie
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Bring back Paul!!!!
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie has already has her chance but Paul didnt and for me he should of been in the live shows
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends what your personal preference is. I like them both and think they will both be missed. But, I would look forward to seeing Melanie more, if I'm being honest. Anyway they're gone and won't be back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Paul. But both needed to go because they had good enough voices to make a significant run and little commercial potential. That's the danger zone.

I think the producers were looking to clear the boys category for Nick and probably taking fliers on Hannah and Abi having commercial potential (though they gave Abi a terrible edit.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Paul
    The lad could sing.
    Melanie a good singer but more of a Meh-lanie