Options

Eastenders New trailer is HERE Autumn kicks off with a BANG

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    So DTC idea of bringing her back old style is humiliating her and letting Phil win. I hope DTC doesn't stay with the show much longer because while he's still there Sharon doesn't stand much chance of having a look in with a decent storyline. He is only interested in Shirley being top dog.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    So DTC idea of bringing her back old style is humiliating her and letting Phil win. I hope DTC doesn't stay with the show much longer because while he's still there Sharon doesn't stand much chance of having a look in with a decent storyline. He is only interested in Shirley being top dog.

I'm really surprised by how many people are so convinced that Phil and Shirley are going to way. I still don't see it heading that way at all. It's soap law - you set something up, you have to pay it off.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member

I don't see where people keep thinking Shirley is going to win in this? He chooses Sharon so technically Sharon wins on that count, and both Phil and Sharon alone fight it out at the end. I wanted Shirley and Sharon to both come out on top some way or another but it will be Sharon who wins so I don't understand why the Sharon fans are getting annoyed? Surely as a Shirley fan myself, it should be is who are disappointed?!
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we can say for sure what happens until we see it as we are still 3 maybe 4 weeks off all this and have very few spoilers to go off. I suspect we won't find out who is shot, if anyone, until the bullet is fired as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The voice of reason ^ :D:)

Personally I think it is pretty evident how it plays out, well mostly.

Then again, I suppose, It's not about who wins or loses really..
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I don't see where people keep thinking Shirley is going to win in this? He chooses Sharon so technically Sharon wins on that count, and both Phil and Sharon alone fight it out at the end. I wanted Shirley and Sharon to both come out on top some way or another but it will be Sharon who wins so I don't understand why the Sharon fans are getting annoyed? Surely as a Shirley fan myself, it should be is who are disappointed?!
    What makes you think he chooses Sharon? In the final scene, Sharon is clearly wearing a wedding dress and she angrily tells Phil "I will never forgive you for this". Sounds like Phil jilts Sharon at the alter and humiliates her? It would be nice to see Shirley come out on top against Phil.
  • Options
    theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has the trailer been uploaded to youtube yet as i cant watch it via iplayer because of my phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ALowsley wrote: »
    What makes you think he chooses Sharon? In the final scene, Sharon is clearly wearing a wedding dress and she angrily tells Phil "I will never forgive you for this". Sounds like Phil jilts Sharon at the alter and humiliates her? It would be nice to see Shirley come out on top against Phil.

Because Sharon is DTCs priority at the moment and I can't see that he would allow any situation where Sharon would be jilted or anything. It'll probably transpire that Sharon will stand Phil up and he will beg her to forgive him for the affair but she says she can't and then he will be upset, Shirley will be but a pawn in his game and that will be that. To be honest I will be disappointed if it does play out that way just because of the sheer predictability of it all. Phil is at the wedding, so I can't see he jilts her - it would be interesting if he did but ...
    It will be interesting to see Sharon gain the Albert and revisit the independent Sharon. She had many other connections on the square that aren't Phil but I didn't want this to happen at the expense of Shirley.
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Sharon is DTCs priority at the moment and I can't see that he would allow any situation where Sharon would be jilted or anything. It'll probably transpire that Sharon will stand Phil up and he will beg her to forgive him for the affair but she says she can't and then he will be upset, Shirley will be but a pawn in his game and that will be that. To be honest I will be disappointed if it does play out that way just because of the sheer predictability of it all. Phil is at the wedding, so I can't see he jilts her - it would be interesting if he did but ...
    It will be interesting to see Sharon gain the Albert and revisit the independent Sharon. She had many other connections on the square that aren't Phil but I didn't want this to happen at the expense of Shirley.
    Ah I forgot that Sharon won't turn up for the wedding. I guess she finds out about Phil and Shirley's affair before the wedding. Phil looks upset when Sharon confronts him in the end. I hope Shirley isn't a "pawn" but she deserves happiness but TPTB love to make Shirley miserable :/. This is Sharon's 3rd failed wedding and it's becoming a joke! Jack jilted Sharon in the alter in 2013 because he loved Ronnie more than Sharon and if Phil jilted Sharon because of Shirley, it would be repeating the same storyline.

I just really want Sharon to split up from Phil. They just don't work well as a couple. I would rather them to remain friends. I think Sharon will most likely get The Albert and become independent Sharon again. She obviously won't get his money. As for Shirley, I'm tired of her always running after Phil when it's supposed to be Phil chasing after her.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Ah I forgot that Sharon won't turn up for the wedding. I guess she finds out about Phil and Shirley's affair before the wedding. Phil looks upset when Sharon confronts him in the end. I hope Shirley isn't a "pawn" but she deserves happiness but TPTB love to make Shirley miserable :/. This is Sharon's 3rd failed wedding and it's becoming a joke! Jack jilted Sharon in the alter in 2013 because he loved Ronnie more than Sharon and if Phil jilted Sharon because of Shirley, it would be repeating the same storyline.

I just really want Sharon to split up from Phil. They just don't work well as a couple. I would rather them to remain friends. I think Sharon will most likely get The Albert and become independent Sharon again. She obviously won't get his money. As for Shirley, I'm tired of her always running after Phil when it's supposed to be Phil chasing after her.

It must be a last minute decision because she is dressed for the wedding. I suppose she'll move into Ian's for the time being and Phil will give her the Albert.

Shirley is just a plot devise...no way are they going to move her out of the Vic with all the drama with her sons coming up. Besides having Shirley and Ben under the same roof would be impossible right now....they've got a lot to sort out, that's if they ever can.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Exactly. I think she must find out and jilt him. But its just so predictable, in my opinion. I think with the Dean/Linda s/l, the return of Ben and the appearance of her mum, It would have been nice to see Shirley have a small bit of happiness, even if only for a month or so! But you are right, they seem to love to make her miserable! I think this wedding will be the catalyst to Sharon becoming more independent again, Sharon works best as the independent business woman imo and she will definitely walk away with the Albert - that was set in stone as soon as they created it.

I actually do like Phil and Shirley, when they are good, they are really good. But I too, wish they would turn the tables and have Phil prioritise Shirley and 'chase' her. Even if Phil and Sharon or Phil and Shirley didn't end up together, I'd have liked Sharon to come up trumps with the Albert and for Phil to finally admit he loves Shirley. But it doesn't look likely! Haha. Still debating who gets shot..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly. I think she must find out and jilt him. But its just so predictable, in my opinion. I think with the Dean/Linda s/l, the return of Ben and the appearance of her mum, It would have been nice to see Shirley have a small bit of happiness, even if only for a month or so! But you are right, they seem to love to make her miserable! I think this wedding will be the catalyst to Sharon becoming more independent again, Sharon works best as the independent business woman imo and she will definitely walk away with the Albert - that was set in stone as soon as they created it.

I actually do like Phil and Shirley, when they are good, they are really good. But I too, wish they would turn the tables and have Phil prioritise Shirley and 'chase' her. Even if Phil and Sharon or Phil and Shirley didn't end up together, I'd have liked Sharon to come up trumps with the Albert and for Phil to finally admit he loves Shirley. But it doesn't look likely! Haha. Still debating who gets shot..

Phil doesn't know how to love...it was Ronnie that pointed out that they were alike in that way. Phil will say it if it's suits his purpose and gets him want he wants, control over people. I think his heart turned to stone years ago. He would say it to Ben if he had to, same with Shirley and Sharon, but the word doesn't mean anything to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Phil doesn't know how to love...it was Ronnie that pointed out that they were alike in that way. Phil will say it if it's suits his purpose and gets him want he wants, control over people. I think his heart turned to stone years ago. He would say it to Ben if he had to, same with Shirley and Sharon, but the word doesn't mean anything to him.

Maybe he needs to work on that then! I'd like to see that side of Phil escape every now and again.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Was Lauren drunk when she told Peter she loved him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe he needs to work on that then! I'd like to see that side of Phil escape every now and again.

:D he's a bugger isn't he. Ben waited years to hear him say that he loved him and was proud of him but when it did come it was too late. I must admit I'm more interested in his relationship with his son now. Families always interest me more than romance.

I remember when Sharon first arrived on the square that Shirley warned her that he would mess with her head. Sharon's answer was 'I think I know Phil better than you' or WTTE.
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks amazing, but seriously, I hope Letitia Dean doesn't leave -.-
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    Aunt Sal can always be relied upon to bring a laugh or two

I wonder if she'll bring her stinking trifle with her?
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronnie also looks really big so I used an online pregnancy calculator to work out the dates. She is over 5 months already. As she conceived on Good Friday she is due to give birth on the 9th January.

So I'm predicting an early birth, Either Christmas or New Year.
    I'm going to go with either James' birthday or the anniversary of his death.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if she'll bring her stinking trifle with her?

Step aside Aunt Babe, the original (and best) is back.