Comments

• southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ratings for the last week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was on when I woke up. Is it my imagination or does everyone seem a bit more relaxed when Queen Kelly isn't on?
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week : Matt Barbet will be alongside Kate Garraway all week on Daybreak from 7am... Ranvir will be steering the ship with John Stapleton from 6am
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    This week : Matt Barbet will be alongside Kate Garraway all week on Daybreak from 7am... Ranvir will be steering the ship with John Stapleton from 6am

Mmmm, interesting! Probably just a half term thing 'cos Lorraines 19/ 20 year old daughter obviously needs babysitting if she's on holiday!:rolleyes:
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm, interesting! Probably just a half term thing 'cos Lorraines 19/ 20 year old daughter obviously needs babysitting if she's on holiday!:rolleyes:

:D

Matt is a good presenter though, as well as very nice to look at!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Matt is a good presenter though, as well as very nice to look at!

True. I just don't know how Kelly gets away with it though (I know contracts and all that before anyone has a go!). Kate has actually got small children.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,337
    Forum Member
    Kate's hair is getting worse :eek:

I loved that sleek bob she used to have before she got the awful extensions. Get rid, Kate. :)
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,337
    Forum Member
    Is Ann Diamond trying to pitch herself up onto Daybreak and ITV will get her to cover the 6-7am slot, just like the old TV-AM?

I still find her scary. Always have done.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Read a piece about Lorraine the other day in which she said her daughter is now at university:eek:
  • Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Aled's settling in really well now, as I knew he would, he's always had a natural warmth when I've seen him presenting shows before.

As for Lorraine Kelly - well, she is exactly as I expected i.e unbearable and will never be any different.

I thin Aled is the weak link. He just looks like he is reading an auto cue the whole time.
  • southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Christine Bleakley back with Dan Lobb.

Just look how much more modern this and this looks compared to the show we have now!

Lorraine Kelly is embarrassing to watch. She tells EVERY guest "It's so so so so so good to see you" and she is very patronising to them also.

How long until the next 'relaunch'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Kate's hair is getting worse :eek:

I loved that sleek bob she used to have before she got the awful extensions. Get rid, Kate. :)

She just reminds me of Ron Perlman in Beaty and the Beast:

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/monsters_vincent3.jpg

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt7 wrote: »
    I thin Aled is the weak link. He just looks like he is reading an auto cue the whole time.

That's probably because he is:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I've just found out the editor has been sacked. Who will want the job now? They are either going to slowly merge it with This Morning or get rid of morning news completely. Maybe without morning news people will be happy :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member

Ranvir and Kate both have little children, so why is Lorraine on holiday? When will Ranvir and Matt take a break for a week? I like it when presenters take a small break.. It makes them feel fresh on their return.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PWSJohn wrote: »
    Ranvir and Kate both have little children, so why is Lorraine on holiday? When will Ranvir and Matt take a break for a week? I like it when presenters take a small break.. It makes them feel fresh on their return.

If Lorraine can negotiate holidays, then why shouldn't she? Kate may have young children but she only does 1 day a week the rest of the time.

Ranvir is long overdue a day off though. I think she is the only one to have done every day since the relaunch. She looks shattered some days. Superb presenter though.

Refreshing to see Matt & Kate on the show this morning, but Kate's hair is terrible. Her bob on the old Daybreak suited her so much better. She looks like shes been dragged through a bush now. Even if she just got the straighteners out it would look a lot better.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason presenters have school holidays off isn't because of their own child arrangements, it's because of viewers child arrangements.

Viewing figures are lower at school holidays because people are away.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    If Lorraine can negotiate holidays, then why shouldn't she? Kate may have young children but she only does 1 day a week the rest of the time.

Ranvir is long overdue a day off though. I think she is the only one to have done every day since the relaunch. She looks shattered some days. Superb presenter though.

Refreshing to see Matt & Kate on the show this morning, but Kate's hair is terrible. Her bob on the old Daybreak suited her so much better. She looks like shes been dragged through a bush now. Even if she just got the straighteners out it would look a lot better.

Agree with all of this, although I do love oul Garraway. This week will be interesting - I think it's the perfect mix at the minute.

John and Ranvir are both excellent, and highly respected by many - they both have the right level of authority for the News Hour. Matt's relaxed and entertaining - a good match for Kate, given time.

I'd like to see how this pans out.
  • George_McPhailGeorge_McPhail Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I hope the powers that be are watching / listening to feedback this week.

The current temporary line-up this week, seems absolutely perfect for the show.
    Much much better than Aled & Lorraine, im pretty sure Aled is a lovely bloke but he just aint suited for morning TV presenting and Lorraine should be relegated back to her own little section.
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mumsy24 wrote: »
    I like Aled Jones but can't stand Lorraine "Super,Great" Kelly so I won't be watching.

Same here! Can't understand why this woman has been on our screens all these years. Time she was put out to grass.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »

Sadly I think that's why she got rid of it - that hairstyle was associated with the old Daybreak. Also it was probably too modern.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Lorraine homophobic? If not, why did she say to the Downton actor 'That's the sort of scene you only want to do once' (cue giggles) He's an actor ffs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    The reason presenters have school holidays off isn't because of their own child arrangements, it's because of viewers child arrangements.

Viewing figures are lower at school holidays because people are away.

Actually Lorraine's daughter is now at university so presumably not affected by school holidays.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Glad to see Daybreak's coverage of world events isn't impeded by the US elections. Pie winners on now