Options

|.:.| The Union J Appreciation Thread |.:.|

Comments

• Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Here's a few other blond Josh pictures I found. He was even more of a poser back then it seems lol
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meaabb0gCA1rimfqro1_500.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/055cb991f83fc1f99b76b23e6604eb25/tumblr_mfytg2UbmM1rimfqro1_500.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/79e1453d9f7fb0092530e4ca628fd333/tumblr_mfv2nrlYsI1rimfqro1_500.jpg

The last one actually did make me laugh. It's like the pose should be a joke, but his facial expression makes it seem as if he actually think he's a cool dude. :D

The blond hair actually looks pretty good here though
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/da719c4ecfbc798b0ecf99a9b36fda52/tumblr_mflvl1Pl601s1uqqjo1_500.jpg

I love this young Josh picture too, mainly because it looks like he could be Christian Cooke's younger brother which really isn't a bad thing.
    http://61.img.v4.skyrock.net/7761/85937761/pics/3134016540_1_4_lDlQxBWr.jpg
    He's so cool taking selfies in his fluffy white dressing gown :D

But yes, the 3 album deal is definitely a good and exciting thing. I also really like the fact they're doing the same things as some pretty good names. It's so cool to think that at the exact same time last year Rita Ora was judging Triple J's first audition, and a year later they're going to be doing in the same concert with her.

Those pics :D I think Jaymi's are the worst though, looks wise they've all changed so much during X Factor and definitely for the better.

I didn't think about it like that, it's so cool :D They've grown so much in such a short space of time. They're at 835k followers right now, it's going to be so exciting when they hit their first million :D Should do it around when the single drops.
  • Options
    unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm amazed at how well they've been doing. I'm so proud of them though! They deserve it all! They're so sweet and talented too! :D
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Josh with blond hair looks a bit like Miles Higson from Hollyoaks... (slghtly) - looks a heck of a lot better darker
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can;t wait till they get to a million followers. I hope they'll stay the same though when their fame increases - they're so good with fans, and do seem to actually make a genuine effort to talk with them etc.

And he does like him a bit with blond hair lol. I think this is the best Josh look a like though. :D
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me8fyfgkb01rqk3lc.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbRNGF3cjyo

Josh's voice in this :p Did he have a sore throat or something?
    I really can;t wait till they get to a million followers. I hope they'll stay the same though when their fame increases - they're so good with fans, and do seem to actually make a genuine effort to talk with them etc.

And he does like him a bit with blond hair lol. I think this is the best Josh look a like though. :D

Yeah I hope they do, they haven't changed even with the interest they've got from X Factor so hopefully they won't later on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »

Yeah I hope they do, they haven't changed even with the interest they've got from X Factor so hopefully they won't later on.

Hmm.. his voice did sound lower and more crispy than it usually does.. so maybe he did have a cold.

Yeah. I'm positive they won't change too much. They're still the down to earth guys that I fell in love with, and I'd say they're already pretty famous, so I'm confident that they'll stay the same even with the increased fame :)

Union J will perform at the same gigs as The Wanted and Rita Ora. Do you guys know if District 3 has had the success? I'm just a bit curious :p Do they even have a record deal? did they get signed? I'm kinda confused when it comes to them. I'm just wondering since they will be competing with our boys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    unicorns wrote: »
    Do you guys know if District 3 has had the success? I'm just a bit curious :p Do they even have a record deal? did they get signed? I'm kinda confused when it comes to them. I'm just wondering since they will be competing with our boys.

I dont know how D3 well have done... and to be honest I wish they would stop coming up in the thread as it usually turns into a bit of a bashing session. I'd rather we just appreciate UJ then compare them to D3... or 1D or any other boyband :)

D3 have their fans and UJ have there's it kinda puts off people coming onto the thread (like Snowyface) who likes both boybands
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,231
    Forum Member
    Josh looks like Iain Stirling in a way :D
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,231
    Forum Member
    This is definitely the most active appreciation thread out of all the acts this year - it's a shame James isn't getting at least the same amount of interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont know how D3 well have done... and to be honest I wish they would stop coming up in the thread as it usually turns into a bit of a bashing session. I'd rather we just appreciate UJ then compare them to D3... or 1D or any other boyband :)

D3 have their fans and UJ have there's it kinda puts off people coming onto the thread (like Snowyface) who likes both boybands

I'm not a District 3 fan. I don't like them at all. I actually quite dislike them. I'm just curious if they have something lined up, something big, like our boys.. like The Wanted, Rita Ora etc. And if they got signed or not. I'm still confused about that. I know this is about Union J. And of course Union J should stay in focus. Like I said.. I'm just curious, since they will ultimately compete with our boys when it comes to album & singles sales. So I just want to see how well they're doing right now compared to our boys. Because our boys have accomplished A LOT lately, I doubt District 3 can even come close to that, but I might be wrong. I honestly don't know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I like joshs quiff and he definitely shouldn't go back to being blonde. He's hair is perfect the way it is now! I wish he would smile more in photos tho, he's such a poser!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »

It did sound a bit different lol. Maybe there;s some kind of cold going round the tour bus, and that's why JJ was poorly last night *(unless last night JJ was hung over, I'm not sure which lol).
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    This is definitely the most active appreciation thread out of all the acts this year - it's a shame James isn't getting at least the same amount of interest.

It's a shame that the winner doesn't have more appreciation on this forum, but I'm sure he gets lots of it elsewhere. What I find really sad is the Ella appreciation thread. I like Ella and noticed that her thread was just as active as this one was, but then they all seemed to lose interest after she was eliminated. :( Hopefully they'll all come back at some point though when she is releasing her own stuff.
    I'm not a District 3 fan. I don't like them at all. I actually quite dislike them. I'm just curious if they have something lined up, something big, like our boys.. like The Wanted, Rita Ora etc. And if they got signed or not. I'm still confused about that. I know this is about Union J. And of course Union J should stay in focus. Like I said.. I'm just curious, since they will ultimately compete with our boys when it comes to album & singles sales. So I just want to see how well they're doing right now compared to our boys. Because our boys have accomplished A LOT lately, I doubt District 3 can even come close to that, but I might be wrong. I honestly don't know.

To give a short answer I don't think they have any big events lined up and there's rumours of their being in 'talks' (not offered) for a record deal. They don't seem to have been wanted by sony and so will have to wait to look elsewhere when the X Factor contract has expired, after the tour I believe. But yeah, don't want to bash them lol. :)

And while the subject of look a likes is about, sorry to bring the old chestnut back but I actually can't see any resemblance between Harry and George? Strange how it's the opposite, but I think George looks so much younger than Harry and his features are just entirely different. If one of them had different hair I doubt it'd even be brought up that they supposedly look similar.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I agree :)
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

Yeah, it's a bit weird but we just have so much to discuss here :D
    And while the subject of look a likes is about, sorry to bring the old chestnut back but I actually can't see any resemblance between Harry and George? Strange how it's the opposite, but I think George looks so much younger than Harry and his features are just entirely different. If one of them had different hair I doubt it'd even be brought up that they supposedly look similar.

It's just the hair. Otherwise they look totally different :p George looks much better though I think.
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love this young Josh picture too, mainly because it looks like he could be Christian Cooke's younger brother which really isn't a bad thing.
    http://61.img.v4.skyrock.net/7761/85937761/pics/3134016540_1_4_lDlQxBWr.jpg
    He's so cool taking selfies in his fluffy white dressing gown :D

Wow, now that you've said that, he really does look like Christian Cooke doesn't he!?:eek: On the subject of Josh's hair, I loved his old hair (I remember how devastated I was when he changed it :o) but I've learned to love the quiff as well! Just as long as he doesn't go back to blonde, I'm happy :cool:

Made me laugh!

I agree, I have come to post a few times but seen D3 bashing, so I swiftly exit...I hate it :( Dan from D3 has posted a few pictures on twitter lately of him and JJ, I think that's his way of saying 'We're all friends guys, so you all should be too!' :)

Also, I've never been attracted to JJ in any way, shape, or form, but I just realised that he has really nice eyes :p

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCRayiLCIAEdCHE.jpg:large
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, I really don't understand why Harry is the most popular in 1D.:o I love Liam though.

Oh, with D3 being mentioned that reminds me, I bought the Teen Now magazine and in their interview they were for some reason chatting about who UJ would have sung with if they had made the final. They said Kylie Minogue. Not sure how they would know that, but I do have to wonder whether it was true. I would have thought they would have had Gary for the whole boyband connection and if they had made the final, it would have been at the expense of Chris. Another reason to be annoyed at them not making the final (by 0.6%:mad:) if we would have had three celebrity duets though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela9322 wrote: »
    I like joshs quiff and he definitely shouldn't go back to being blonde. He's hair is perfect the way it is now! I wish he would smile more in photos tho, he's such a poser!

I'm glad the hardcore posing has stopped lol.
    Snowyface wrote: »
    Wow, now that you've said that, he really does look like Christian Cooke doesn't he!?:eek: On the subject of Josh's hair, I loved his old hair (I remember how devastated I was when he changed it :o) but I've learned to love the quiff as well! Just as long as he doesn't go back to blonde, I'm happy :cool:

Made me laugh!

I agree, I have come to post a few times but seen D3 bashing, so I swiftly exit...I hate it :( Dan from D3 has posted a few pictures on twitter lately of him and JJ, I think that's his way of saying 'We're all friends guys, so you all should be too!' :)

This is way off topic, but omg you know Christian Cooke is lol?! Sorry, he's just so underappreciated, nobody knows who he is. I've been majorly in love with him since I was 15 (he was my first proper crush actually:o). I even went to a Dr Who convention once just to see him - he was lovely, incredibly shy (literally just a little better than Jahmene level shy) but so, so handsome in real life.

Sorry about that lol. I just don't get much chance to speak of my Christian Cooke obsession. :o If anyone is wondering who he is, this is him. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0zg7YhGeDOY/S-Cw4xiteNI/AAAAAAAAABk/EszvFVLWZwQ/s1600/Christian+in+Demons.jpg
    He and Josh have got the whole moody pout and big blue eyes thing in common I think lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad the hardcore posing has stopped lol.

This is way off topic, but omg you know Christian Cooke is lol?! Sorry, he's just so underappreciated, nobody knows who he is. I've been majorly in love with him since I was 15 (he was my first proper crush actually:o). I even went to a Dr Who convention once just to see him - he was lovely, incredibly shy (literally just a little better than Jahmene level shy) but so, so handsome in real life.

Sorry about that lol. I just don't get much chance to speak of my Christian Cooke obsession. :o If anyone is wondering who he is, this is him. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0zg7YhGeDOY/S-Cw4xiteNI/AAAAAAAAABk/EszvFVLWZwQ/s1600/Christian+in+Demons.jpg
    He and Josh have got the whole moody pout and big blue eyes thing in common I think lol.

Hell yeh I know who he is :D I had a right crush on him when I saw him in a programme...something about Angels I think? It was a few years back, I was very young :p He was one of my first celeb crushes as well! He was in Doctor Who!? I'm obsessed with that show :D Can you remember who he played? But yeh, never realised how much he looks like Josh :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9f8ytUPMz1rzq4l6o1_500.jpg
    There he is in Dr Who. He played Ross Jenkins - sontaran episodes, series 4. :) I'm so glad I've met him and Josh (and all of them). Now it's just Max Irons and Douglas Booth to go, and I can die happy lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9f8ytUPMz1rzq4l6o1_500.jpg
    There he is in Dr Who. He played Ross Jenkins - sontaran episodes, series 4. :) I'm so glad I've met him and Josh (and all of them). Now it's just Max Irons and Douglas Booth to go, and I can die happy lol.

Aww yeh I remember him :) You've met UJ!? I've met D3 but not them :( And you like the god that is Douglas Booth? I think we'll get along very, veeeeeery well :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much always happens in this thread while I'm sleeping. :eek:

I'm so happy they've got a three album deal. They'll be around for awhile yet which is fantastic. I'm so curious to see what sound they go with. I'm sure it'll be unique.

I don't really like Josh with blonde hair. I think brown suits his skintone better.

I partly understand the George/Harry comparisons as they do have a slightly similar look. They're both quite cheerful and fun-loving/mischievous too. I don't think they're identical or "clones" as I've heard others say though.

As for the One Direction Twitter accounts thing, I do believe they have full control over their personals still. Their managment may ask them to post promotioal stuff but I don't think they actually control the accounts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Snowyface wrote: »
    Aww yeh I remember him :) You've met UJ!? I've met D3 but not them :( And you like the god that is Douglas Booth? I think we'll get along very, veeeeeery well :D

Excuse me, not to be rude.. but are you a District 3 fan? I'm kinda gathering that by looking at your "services" thing. If so, why are you on this thread? Shouldn't you be on the other thread? This is a thread for Union J. And excuse me, but I will talk about District 3, from time to time, and you will probably not like it. You've already reacted to it once. Well.. if you think it's so awful then go back to your District 3 thread. Seriously.. it sucks that I can't be critical of D3 on the Union J thread, I'm not doing it to offend people, like I don't go to the District 3 thread and speak about them, but it will happen in this thread, and it would suck to see "can we please not talk about them", because I think it's pretty normal considering everything.
  • Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me, not to be rude.. but are you a District 3 fan? I'm kinda gathering that by looking at your "services" thing. If so, why are you on this thread? Shouldn't you be on the other thread? This is a thread for Union J. And excuse me, but I will talk about District 3, from time to time, and you will probably not like it. You've already reacted to it once. Well.. if you think it's so awful then go back to your District 3 thread. Seriously.. it sucks that I can't be critical of D3 on the Union J thread, I'm not doing it to offend people, like I don't go to the District 3 thread and speak about them, but it will happen in this thread, and it would suck to see "can we please not talk about them", because I think it's pretty normal considering everything.
    Maybe she's a fan of District3 AND Union J?

And I've missed loads on this thread, so happy that they've got a 3 album deal! Just got tickets to see them at Chester Rocks with The Wanted and I go see them on the x factor tour on Thursday which I'm realllllly excited about :D

I agree that Josh' hair looked better with the shorter quiff at the beginning of the live shows, I'd love for him to go back to that although I really didn't like his longer hair. And JJ looks so much better with flat hair.

And Downtonaddict and Snowyface I love Douglas Booth too! Did you ever see 'LOL'?
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are being rude. You don't need to police who comes in this thread. Stick to discussing Union J and keep negative messages about other acts out of it. That is actually a rule for the appreciation threads. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to say 1000th post on here :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm just going to completely ignore this.
    Maybe she's a fan of district3 AND union j?

And I've missed loads on this thread, so happy that they've got a 3 album deal! Just got tickets to see them at Chester Rocks with The Wanted and I go see them on the x factor tour on Thursday which I'm realllllly excited about :D

I agree that Josh' hair looked better with the shorter quiff at the beginning of the live shows, I'd love for him to go back to that although I really didn't like his longer hair. And JJ looks so much better with flat hair.

And Downtonaddict and Snowyface I love Douglas Booth too! Did you ever see 'LOL'?

JJ does look so much better with flat hair! Like in the heat photoshoot? Hello there Mr JJ ;) And yes I did! Great movie...though I got a bit jealous of Miley Cyrus :D
This discussion has been closed.