Humax HDR-1000S Firmware Update 1.00.16 - Now Available

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Faust wrote: »
    Ah! how interesting. Now we just need someone to explain the recording pages numbers baffler.

think have figured the numbers, well via my planned recordings anyway, when i first click it says 1-7/13 in which case that means its showing planned recordings 1-7 of 13 planned recordings, ic i page down it then shows 8-1 of the 13 recordings so its showing the 8th planned recording and ending with the 1st planned recording.... does that make sense....
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    think have figured the numbers, well via my planned recordings anyway, when i first click it says 1-7/13 in which case that means its showing planned recordings 1-7 of 13 planned recordings, ic i page down it then shows 8-1 of the 13 recordings so its showing the 8th planned recording and ending with the 1st planned recording.... does that make sense....

Yes indeed! In fact my wife had worked out the same scenario. However, I daren't admit to her that she may have solved this or I will never hear the end of it. :eek:
    Forum Member
    Yes indeed! In fact my wife had worked out the same scenario. However, I daren't admit to her that she may have solved this or I will never hear the end of it. :eek:

nope best keep that 1 t yaself lol :D
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I know its pretty straight forward as the most recent recorded is at the top, but am I alone in wanting an indication of what actual episode I'm selecting with the time/date of the recording?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I know its pretty straight forward as the most recent recorded is at the top, but am I alone in wanting an indication of what actual episode I'm selecting with the time/date of the recording?

You are not alone, and in fact the most recent recorded episode isn't always at the top. It is if the broadcaster includes a episode number. If not the reverse applies.

Known issue :eek:
    Forum Member
    You are not alone, and in fact the most recent recorded episode isn't always at the top. It is if the broadcaster includes a episode number. If not the reverse applies.

Known issue :eek:

Thanks, could be interesting if Eastenders and Corrie eps get muddled up :D

That issue aside I was surprised to see something I wasn't expecting when I selected Casualty which was seeing the episode name in the episode list.
    Forum Member
    A wish list for me would be stacks for recordings like Sky planner, a much better implemented planner in general e.g. one that stops when I get to the end of my recordings and also "user defined" so that I can start a recorded programme by inserting the minutes - again like Sky. The endless page numbers and scrolling round and round drives me to distraction. Surely that can't have been the plan when the code was written?

In general though I'm most pleased with this purchase as I don't appear to have suffered the misfortunes of the early adopters.
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In general though I'm most pleased with this purchase as I don't appear to have suffered the misfortunes of the early adopters.

I thought that too until Thursday last when my four month old 1000S decided to cash in its chips.:eek:
    Forum Member
    fixerman wrote: »
    I thought that too until Thursday last when my four month old 1000S decided to cash in its chips.:eek:

Well at least given the solid warranty and the fact that it is under 6 months old so you don't need to prove an inherent fault a swap out shouldn't be an issue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least given the solid warranty and the fact that it is under 6 months old so you don't need to prove an inherent fault a swap out shouldn't be an issue.

Indeed! Humax customer service were excellent. They sent me a warranty claim form by email and a courier is due tomorrow with a replacement unit.:)
    I'm just hoping that the replacement is more reliable.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    ...also "user defined" so that I can start a recorded programme by inserting the minutes

If you mean the ability to manually set the start/end settings for a recording then the 1000S has a convoluted method...
    After pressing the "R" key on a pgm shown in the Guide you go into Recordings/Planned, use the "Right->" key to highlight that planned recording in the right pane and press the "Right ->" key again, giving you an input screen for the settings. Curiously the auto settings from "R" are not carried over into the input screen. Another strange implementation of a simple action.
    Forum Member
    If you mean the ability to manually set the start/end settings for a recording then the 1000S has a convoluted method...
    After pressing the "R" key on a pgm shown in the Guide you go into Recordings/Planned, use the "Right->" key to highlight that planned recording in the right pane and press the "Right ->" key again, giving you an input screen for the settings. Curiously the auto settings from "R" are not carried over into the input screen. Another strange implementation of a simple action.

No, user defined as in I want to dip into a recording at a certain point so I manually insert the amount of minutes using the remote press ok and voila.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    No, user defined as in I want to dip into a recording at a certain point so I manually insert the amount of minutes using the remote press ok and voila.
    Ah, OK you meant FF to a particular point, HH:MM, in the recording. Something else that was in the Foxsat that's missing from the 1000S. Not perfect is it ;-)
    Forum Member
    Ah, OK you meant FF to a particular point, HH:MM, in the recording. Something else that was in the Foxsat that's missing from the 1000S. Not perfect is it ;-)

I didn't realise anyone was claiming it was.
    Forum Member
    hmmmm thats twice in as many days my box has frozen now, first time remote was un-responsive and had to put in standby and then restart, this time nothin would work had to unplug from mains, which is a chore in itself, and then restart grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Software update coming at end of March.
    If you are a frequent visitor to sites like this and the forums, it won’t have gone unnoticed that the new Humax HDR-1000S <free time> receiver has a few glitches, mainly linked to recording and hard drive re-formats.

Having tried for weeks to get a firm response from Humax, freesat stepped in and have provided us with the following update on specific bugs we mentioned:

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/software-update-for-humax-hdr-1000s-due-end-of-march/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmmm thats twice in as many days my box has frozen now, first time remote was un-responsive and had to put in standby and then restart, this time nothin would work had to unplug from mains, which is a chore in itself, and then restart grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Phone Humax Support. They answered the phone within one minute. I found them very helpful and they swapped my box for me no problem. I had the new box delivered by courier the next day. The courier sent a text and an email in the morning giving me a one hour time slot. He arrived as agreed and had the new box in a sealed container which is then used to take away the faulty box. Very impressive. You will have to have the serial number of the box and proof of purchase.:)
    Forum Member
    fixerman wrote: »
    Phone Humax Support. They answered the phone within one minute. I found them very helpful and they swapped my box for me no problem. I had the new box delivered by courier the next day. The courier sent a text and an email in the morning giving me a one hour time slot. He arrived as agreed and had the new box in a sealed container which is then used to take away the faulty box. Very impressive. You will have to have the serial number of the box and proof of purchase.:)

i'll wait and see if it does it again, and if does then will b straight on fone.... i have recordings on it at min that i havent watched yet :D

plus i have registered it with Humax so they should already have the seriel number etc....
    Forum Member

Next time things become unresponsive try this:
    This might not work for every situation but is worth trying.

If your unit becomes unresponsive try keying in 2580, then wait for the now next banner to appear/disappear, if it does then you should have control again.

(code 2580 clears the browser buffer)
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Next time things become unresponsive try this:

will try that next time, thanks.... (altho am hoping there isnt goin to b a next time lol )
    Forum Member

Get yourself a Sky box and you get the pleasure of doing this on a regular basis.
    Forum Member
    Get yourself a Sky box and you get the pleasure of doing this on a regular basis.

never had sky and TBH not interested in sky, in my opinion i dont see the point in paying for summat i can get for free, or that i have no intention watchin half the channels, and its massively over priced,
    Forum Member
    never had sky and TBH not interested in sky, in my opinion i dont see the point in paying for summat i can get for free, or that i have no intention watchin half the channels, and its massively over priced,

The point I was making was you get to unplug the box on a regular basis when it all locks up. The plugs behind my TV take themselves out now I've done it that often. :rolleyes:

I am however far more impressed with my silky smooth HDR 1000s. :cool:
  • paul1962paul1962 Posts: 86
    Forum Member

Never had any problems with my Sky boxes.

My ancient Pace Sky+ is still going strong, had to replace the harddrive but it runs all the time and never in standby and lasted 5-6 years. I still use it for recording SD channels as I cannot rely on the 1000s.

My Sky + HD hard drive was the same so all in all I've been very impressed with my Sky+ experience to the point where I'm thinking of going back just to get a reliable PVR - Freesat and Humax just don't care about us.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul1962 wrote: »
    ................ I still use it for recording SD channels as I cannot rely on the 1000s........
    The .22 'Beta' software has solved all recording problems (other than Broadcaster running status).
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/hdr-1000s