Options

The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I'm sure there are loads of things I cannot remember but here are a few of them:

Heists (if successful you can split the cash, If the leader wants to ;) If not, put a marker on him so the next time he's online you will know and can go and whack him)
    Plane, car, jet ski, boat races
    Triathlons
    Online Stock Market
    Buy properties
    Hang out with friends in their pads

You also need to deposit you're cash into an ATM as if you die the cash will be there for the taking.

can cash made online be carried over to single player?
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    flynn wrote: »
    Right, before I have a moan I just want to echo for myself that this is, undoubtedly, an amazing game. It's beautiful, the attention to detail is stunning, it's incredible and I'm absolutely loving it. I have just 2 issues. One is minor, and I'm agreeing with those who preferred the vehicle handling in IV - in V it's just too arcadey. That's a minor thing though, and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

My big gripe is with taking photos. It's been mentioned briefly, but I've been doing some testing and you simply cannot save a photo unless you're signed in to the Rockstar social club, and it will only save them to there. If you're not online, or the R* servers are in meltdown (like they seem to mostly be at the moment) then you can't save a photo. If you choose to share on FB it just posts a link on your timeline to the photo on R*.

This annoys me immensely - I'm not always online with my ps3, and not only that the R* servers are not exactly reliable at the moment. Why not let me save photos to my HD? Really annoying :mad:

Rant over - apart from that, as said I'm loving it. It's just a shame such a little, stupid thing is there to spoil it a bit.

....yep - its like this on the Xbox 360 version too! I have been playing over the last 2 nights and every time I want to save a pic, it just throws up an error saying something like it can't connect to the R* servers or something!?:confused:

Ok I know they may be taking a battering due to the overwhelming response to the game however, the game should still allow you to save the pics?!

I have also found that the 'Link to facebook' option from within the game's settings is also hit and miss. The 1st night I tried it, it took about 3 or 4 attempts before it connected up and linked my account. Then last night when I played again, I noticed that the option again was, 'Link to Facebook' which implied that I had not done this yet (I did the previous night?!)

Pretty much all the online functions seem to be hit and miss - even R*'s iFruit app for the iPhone doesn't always let you sign in (loads of errors to say please try later!)

Might have to wait a few days for things to cam down.......!!
  • Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am enjoying the Blimp - it's a great way to explore and open up the map a bit more and a good way to start the "fly under bridges" stat going.

I did make the mistake of flying to close to the airport though.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Where do you get the parachute from? I went to the top of the mountain and to the entrance of the cable car, what looked to be like a parachute on the floor. Picked it up and it said something like 1 part of so many to collect. Looked in my weapon inventory and there was the parachute there but it was greyed out.

How do I use it and put it on my back etc?
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    You can actually watch movies at the cinema lol! Just seen I little clip of someone doing so on YouTube

Yeah, that's why cinemas appear on your map. I watched a bizarre, surreal, black & white arthouse film the other day... utter bonkers...
  • Options
    flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The parachute is to the left of where you picked up the fragment (which is 1 of 50 collectible fragments). If you find yourself in freefall it will equip automatically, press X (on PS3) to open it.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's why cinemas appear on your map. I watched a bizarre, surreal, black & white arthouse film the other day... utter bonkers...

Is there a varied amount of movies to watch? The one I saw on this YouTube clip looked bonkers lol, cool but bonkers :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think i saw that movie, its weird but clever if you get it
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I've been buying stock since being given control of Michael.

There is an online stock market as well as single player market...
    seanf wrote: »
    can cash made online be carried over to single player?

I don't think so but I would loved to be proved wrong. Basically single player and online are two separate games.
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded new update for BOII, raged the entire 20 mins i played. Put GTA in, kicked back and enjoyed every minute of it. Why oh why did i wait till GTA V to start playing this. Still finding my feet on how it plays but its all part of the experience
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I've been buying stock since being given control of Michael.

There are 2 markets. I've been buying LCN but the other one i quoted is alway unavailable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Kung fu Rainbow Lazerforce...quality :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My mates got the old xbox, will he have a problem installing this game?
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A major problem I would imagine, it's for Xbox360
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Weigh-Man wrote: »
    A major problem I would imagine, it's for Xbox360

What exactly do you mean by 'the old xbox' exactly?!

If you're meaning an old 360 - i.e. not a slim version (the black ones), you should be fine!

As long as its an Xbox 360 of some kind, and looks like one of these : Xbox 360 it should be fine (as long as you have space on your HDD!!)
  • Options
    Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flying missions... can't get the hang of it.

I can't believe when Trevor is introduced
    he kills Johnny!
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flying missions... can't get the hang of it.[/SPOILER]

I found the choppers harder to control that planes. In flying school anyway.
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    How long are the movies ?
  • Options
    Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you order your plates on iFruit? I've done it but every time I try and customise my car on the app it keeps asking me to register my plate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    What exactly do you mean by 'the old xbox' exactly?!

If you're meaning an old 360 - i.e. not a slim version (the black ones), you should be fine!

As long as its an Xbox 360 of some kind, and looks like one of these : Xbox 360 it should be fine (as long as you have space on your HDD!!)

Spot on cheers for that, it's the older 360 which isn't slim line, just had word that he's managed to download it :)
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long are the movies ?

Not 100% sure, the one I watched seemed to go on forever but it must've been around 10 mins long...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do you order your plates on iFruit? I've done it but every time I try and customise my car on the app it keeps asking me to register my plate

....yea - having the same issue here! I choose my plate and hit the order button but then the next page says I need to register it with no explanation of how to go about it?!:confused:

I am having serious hit and miss issues with this app as it goes. Most of the time it won't let me sign in but other times it will?!

Wonder if its just the sheer volume of people trying to access R*'s servers...?!!!
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome games so far, there seems to be a constant distraction ever where you go. I was heading to a mission yesterday and took a 45minute diversion due to noticing things and going to take a look.

Its hard the believe Rockstar have managed to pull off a game which looks and plays as well as this does and has a huge map to explore on current generation hardware :eek:

Driving around the city I keep feel deja-vu the city feel old and familiar yet new and fresh at the same time. I keep been reminded so San Andreas and Midnight Club LA a lot playing this game.

Not too sure about the multiple characters yet, hopefully they win me around on this idea as the story rolls on.

Its a shame the social club seems to have died under the strain which has made the camera next to unless at the moment. And thinking of the phones I like how each character has a different type of phone, Franklin has what looks like a budget Android Samsung while the more well off Michael has an iPhone and the scumbag Trevor has a Windows Phone.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flying missions... can't get the hang of it.

I can't believe when Trevor is introduced
    he kills Johnny!

Yeah the flying is dross. Try the flight school to hone the skills of Michael, but even then it's still pretty annoying. I don't see why they went all arcadey on the car handling and gave us helicopters that handle like broken shopping trolleys. The handling of the Buzzard was great in GTA IV.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else get their life invader discounts today?