iOS 7 Today! {CHAT THREAD}

Comments

• Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All my apps work fine but getting loads of updates, had 4 yesterday and 8 in total today
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Touch wood, I've not had a single issue so far
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the update, but really hate the calendar

(Especially love being able to delete music from the phone now rather than having to boot up iTunes)
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Touch wood, I've not had a single issue so far

And it seems as though there is an issue.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/19/ios-7-bug/

Glad I decided to wait, total bypass of security on what was supposed to be a more secure device.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clatter wrote: »
    Definite mistake on my part in updating my iphone4.

Visually I much prefer the old style, but maybe it's better on the newer devices as I now know that some of the visual updates are not supported on the 4. Have no choice now but to get used to it.

Havent really hammered it yet, but have found a couple of things that really does annoy me.

Deleting an email or single text was a simple swipe from left to right, so why the hell have they changed it to a right to left swipe to delete a mail and a 4 step process to delete a text.Tasks that were simple have been changed so that you have to unlearn them and start again. Some may think it very minor, but to me it's change for the sake of it and not for any practical reason.

You could never delete a single text with a swipe. You could delete an entire conversation like that, but not an individual message. You had to press Edit at the top right, then select the message or messages that you wanted to delete.
  • ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    You could never delete a single text with a swipe. You could delete an entire conversation like that, but not an individual message. You had to press Edit at the top right, then select the message or messages that you wanted to delete.

Could have sworn I could delete an individual text with a swipe. The change of direction of the swipe is still stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could have sworn I could delete an individual text with a swipe. The change of direction of the swipe is still stupid.

I'm still on iOS 6 and I just tried it to make sure!!
  • Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the podcast app hasn't been uploaded. Looks VERY dated.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the podcast app hasn't been uploaded. Looks VERY dated.

I kinda like the existing podcasting app ... but do wish it was properly integrated into the music player (ie. it isn't 'persistent').
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    What do people think of the white keyboard? I'm not a big fan, i think there should be an option for a grey one as well cos its harder to read and doesn't look as good

I don't agree with the letters being in caps all the time. Seems far better and more logical that they're only shown in capitals at the start of sentences and when you've selected capitals.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    Why do you need the podcast app, just use 'RSSRadio'' and get all the podcasts.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No issues for me so far, except i'd like to know why the weather app just says 'London' now instead of 'London Borough of....' like it used to when i first got the phone.
  • MinkinitMinkinit Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    After updating my iPad, it looks like windows safe mode, 256 colours.

Why did i not check anything about the update?

If I could kick my own backside.....
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minkinit wrote: »
    After updating my iPad, it looks like windows safe mode, 256 colours.

Why did i not check anything about the update?

If I could kick my own backside.....

Don't say that! Apple will sue Microsoft now for "copying them" :eek: :D
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    All my apps work fine but getting loads of updates, had 4 yesterday and 8 in total today
    You will for a few days as they catch up with the new software
    Bio Max wrote: »

(Especially love being able to delete music from the phone now rather than having to boot up iTunes)
    How do you do that? :D
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yes I am in mourning for my old calendar :cry:
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THANK GOD for the new blocking feature

Just had to use it :o
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member

Not really because before when you swiped from left to right the icon that appeared came from right to left so it didn't look right. This time the icon image matches the movement you are swiping.
  • bigsisbigsis Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did have the GM version but decided to restore my 4S as I wanted to set it up as a new phone. Since then I can't activate iMessage which I know is a common problem but I'm getting these texts each time it tries to activate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/curlysoo66/MysteriousTexts.jpg

I'm worried in case they are costing me, I've had 4 of them sent to me today and I get them even if I have iMessage and FaceTime turned off.

Can anyone help? Thanks. :confused:
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigsis wrote: »
    I did have the GM version but decided to restore my 4S as I wanted to set it up as a new phone. Since then I can't activate iMessage which I know is a common problem but I'm getting these texts each time it tries to activate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/curlysoo66/MysteriousTexts.jpg

I'm worried in case they are costing me, I've had 4 of them sent to me today and I get them even if I have iMessage and FaceTime turned off.

Can anyone help? Thanks. :confused:
    No idea.

But you might want to blank out the phone no at the top of the text too.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    [/B]

Not really because before when you swiped from left to right the icon that appeared came from right to left so it didn't look right. This time the icon image matches the movement you are swiping.

You could actually swipe either way in iOS 6.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    You could actually swipe either way in iOS 6.

Yeah you could, but like i said the icon would always swipe from right to left no matter what way you actually swiped.. Which didn't make much sense and didn't look right.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    And it seems as though there is an issue.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/19/ios-7-bug/

Glad I decided to wait, total bypass of security on what was supposed to be a more secure device.
    I never lock my phone as it rarely leaves my sight, so not an issue for me
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    You will for a few days as they catch up with the new software

How do you do that? :D

Just go to your music...then swipe left on the track you want to delete, and a 'delete' option appears. Delete each individual track to remove the album!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

You could already do that in iOS 6 too.
    I'm pretty certain you could delete a whole album with a swipe, but now can only delete individual tracks at a time.