UKIP Watch

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    And she may win both/either the next French Parliamentary elections and/or the presidential election....
    What makes you think that?
    They don't look to have done so well in previous elections or to be doing so well in the polls that they could win French Presidential or French Parlimentary elections and run France. Like UKIP they look to do best in EU parliment elections.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What makes you think that?
    They don't look to have done so well in previous elections or to be doing so well in the polls that they could win French Presidential or French Parlimentary elections and run France. Like UKIP they look to do best in EU parliment elections.

They did very well in recent local elections. If you go back to around 2007, FN led in opinion polls and were doing well in opinion polls prior to the last presidential election until Sarkozy decided to adopt some of their ideas and act on them. The French parliament has recently lifted Marine's political immunity from prosecution and are hell-bent on getting her into court on racism charges. I think if they succeed, you may well see rioting across France.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    They did very well in recent local elections.
    Not well enough to look like they could win a French Presidential or French Parlimentary election, they can't even win a single mayoral election or win a majority on a city council although they came close in one city.
    According to Wikipedia French Municipal elections
    Exit poll National Front 7%
    Mayoral elections won 0.
    By city
    Perpignan 34.18%, second round 44.88% won 12 seats out of 55
    Toulon 20.47%, won 6 seats out of 59
    Lille 17.15% won 5 seats out of 61
    Reims 16.01%, second round 11.04% won 3 seats out of 59
    Amiens 15.54% won 4 seats out of 55
    La Havre 13.43% won 4 seats out of 59
    Grenoble 12.56%, second round 8.52% won 2 seats out of 59
    Caen 8.15% won 0 seats out of 69
    Toulouse 8.15% won 0 seats out of 69
    Angers 6.73% won 0 seats out of 55
    Bordeaux 6.06% won 2 seats out of 61
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not well enough to look like they could win a French Presidential or French Parlimentary election, they can't even win a single mayoral election or win a majority on a city council although they came close in one city.
    According to Wikipedia French Municipal elections
    Exit poll National Front 7%
    Mayoral elections won 0.
    By city
    Perpignan 34.18%, second round 44.88% won 12 seats out of 55
    Toulon 20.47%, won 6 seats out of 59
    Lille 17.15% won 5 seats out of 61
    Reims 16.01%, second round 11.04% won 3 seats out of 59
    Amiens 15.54% won 4 seats out of 55
    La Havre 13.43% won 4 seats out of 59
    Grenoble 12.56%, second round 8.52% won 2 seats out of 59
    Caen 8.15% won 0 seats out of 69
    Toulouse 8.15% won 0 seats out of 69
    Angers 6.73% won 0 seats out of 55
    Bordeaux 6.06% won 2 seats out of 61

But well enough to suggest it was their best result ever, as was UKIP's result in the local elections. The information I have suggests that the popularity of FN is continuing apace and exactly as here, the people are disillusioned with mainstream politics and politicians.

Exactly as you see in Britain, Labour and Conservatives attempt to marginalise UKIP, so do the main parties in France with FN, not having the brains to realise that their efforts to keep them under actually increases support for them. Neither FN nor UKIP are going to go away any time soon.

Incidentally, I think the French exit poll figure may well be calculated on a nationwide basis, when in fact FN only put up candidates for a tiny proportion of available seats.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    I know this story isn't new but here is the latest stage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-27020970

"An investigation into an alleged Islamic takeover plot of Birmingham schools has widened, with 25 schools now under the spotlight."

"Birmingham City Council leader Sir Albert Bore said it had spoken to local authorities in both Manchester and Bradford.

"There are certainly issues in Bradford which have similarities with the issues being spoken about in Birmingham
    "

Immigration - the subject the main parties won't talk about.
    Given the posts here, it's all some people can talk about. There are posters who can turn a discussion on the merits of different Freeview boxes or hydrangeas into an anti-immigrant rant.
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    You might think they are bad , but I think the Muslim people they confront at demos are much worse . Terrorists walking the streets after 4 years in jail, the Muslim guy calling the English protesters racist , because in his words , they are holding union jack flags . We need some one here in UK like Marine Le Pen , she knows what she is talking about and she commands respect .

All I will say is the muslim community need to think long and hard. If there is a majority of mainstream moderate muslims they need to speak out against their "militant tendancy" and soon.

The revelations about Birmingham schools are alarming - if they are true.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    All I will say is the muslim community need to think long and hard. If there is a majority of mainstream moderate muslims they need to speak out against their "militant tendancy" and soon..

What makes you think they dont. Have you looked ? Lets be honest if they are its not likely to make the headlines because "man bites dog" is always a more lurid headline than "man pats dog".
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    What makes you think they dont. Have you looked ? Lets be honest if they are its not likely to make the headlines because "man bites dog" is always a more lurid headline than "man pats dog".

Over the last few I have met some muslims whose views are perfectly sensible. I have also met a few others whose views alarmed me. I think the real problem there is influences from Saudi Arabia, but that is for another thread.
  • lovely_ladylovely_lady Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    What BS that is!! I support UKIP and I have a BSc degree in Computer Science and now on the way to my masters in Advance Computer Science, I'd say that's makes me quite 'educated'

Intelligence doesn't infer that one also has common sense, empathy and compassion. Fortunately I have all four which is why I won't be voting UKIP.
    Forum Member
    Intelligence doesn't infer that one also has common sense, empathy and compassion. Fortunately I have all four which is why I won't be voting UKIP.

The people I know who support UKIP have plenty of those and so do I.

If you are happy to vote for the failed policies of washed-up, incompetent, has-beens - well that's your choice....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With all those qualities, you shouldn't be voting for anyone but if you do, will it mean you were telling fibbies about how perfect you are.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Latest votes - protection of consumers in utilities services - UKIP voted against - they don't want customers protecting
    http://www.votewatch.eu./en/protection-of-consumers-in-utilities-services-motion-for-resolution-single-vote.html

Are they really working for you?
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are working for me to help us get out of the tyrannical institution which is known as the European Union.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    They are working for me to help us get out of the tyrannical institution which is known as the European Union.

Who is their tyrant?
  • Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [UKIP] are working for me to help us get out of...the European Union.

Please explain why you need UKIP representation in the EU parliament to acheive this objective ?

What exactly can UKIP can do in EU parliament to get the UK out of the EU, and which cannot be acheived anywhere else ?
  • Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest votes - protection of consumers in utilities services - UKIP voted against - they don't want customers protecting
    http://www.votewatch.eu./en/protection-of-consumers-in-utilities-services-motion-for-resolution-single-vote.html

Are they really working for you?

UKIP are certainly not working for British consumers.

UKIP belong to the EU parlimentary grouping European Freedom and Democracy. This group has 35 MEPs. All 9 UKIP MEPs either didn't vote or voted against protection of consumers in utilities. With three exceptions, all the other 29 EDF MEPs voted in favour of protection.

As usual Paul Nuttall (UKIP, MEP) didn't bother voting. Does this man actually exist ?
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    Is a UKIP Watch a bit like a Mickey Mouse Watch?

No. 'Mickey Mouse Watch' would be a thread about keeping up to date with all of the other lot. Conservatives, Labour, LibDems - take your pick, they're all a pile of that well known brown smelly stuff.
    Forum Member
    I worked in an office for 18 months that was majority Muslim, and I didn't hear anything approaching their views, ever. Most people shunned the local mosque that had supposed extremist links, and though some of the men wore beards, and most of the women headscarves, it was like any other office up and down the country.
    Forum Member
    So, fundamentally, like the Sinn Fein MPs in Westminster, then, an abstentionist policy.
    Forum Member
    More of the high quality personnel UKIP selected for candidates in last year's elections

http://www.markpack.org.uk/48570/ukip-councillor-peter-lagoda-admits-to-25000-benefits-fraud/

Peter Lagoda has admitted to fiddling nearly £25,000 through benefits fraud just days after coming under pressure to be booted out of the party for using “deeply offensive” language during a fire station visit. Cambridgeshire councillor Peter Lagoda and his wife Maria pleaded guilty to benefits fraud at the start of their trial in a ruse that stretched for more than two years.

And yes, this is the same councillor who said "his north African sister as a "w*g" and his relatives living in Germany as "Mongols" - "Yes, my cousin married Mongols and now all their little children are ever so cute and they have slanty eyes," Lagoda said in a telephone interview."
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    So, fundamentally, like the Sinn Fein MPs in Westminster, then, an abstentionist policy.

If only it were just that. UKIP MEPs actively vote against issues that are designed to protect British consumers. I guess it goes against their own interests. Many of them own, or are sponsored by, businesses that would be adversely affected by regulations designed to protect the very people they profit from, whether it is the consumer or the worker.
  • thesabbaththesabbath Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    If only it were just that. UKIP MEPs actively vote against issues that are designed to protect British consumers. I guess it goes against their own interests. Many of them own, or are sponsored by, businesses that would be adversely affected by regulations designed to protect the very people they profit from, whether it is the consumer or the worker.

This article will help you understand, although its patently obvious that you don't wish to: http://rogerhelmermep.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/motherhood-and-apple-pie/
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thesabbath wrote: »
    This article will help you understand, although its patently obvious that you don't wish to: http://rogerhelmermep.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/motherhood-and-apple-pie/

I got as far as......

Of course we did no such thing. We voted against Brussels’ interference in UK labour markets

......and didn't bother with the rest. I wonder if you can imagine why?
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got as far as......

Of course we did no such thing. We voted against Brussels’ interference in UK labour markets

......and didn't bother with the rest. I wonder if you can imagine why?
    You hate UKIP, so I am surprised you would bother.
    Forum Member
    Let's see what some real people have to say...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10660219/Why-do-you-support-Ukip-Party-supporters-reveal-their-views.html

"The Telegraph is offering Ukip supporters themselves the chance to establish the truth, speaking for themselves as party of our new video graphic".