Does Gillian even know what the word Phobia means

Ok she claims she has got a water phobia then get in the water, does she even understand what the term phobia means?

Comments

• JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaggedcat wrote: »
    Do you?

Yes thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    She has fears not phobias there is a big difference
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is an insult to all those who really do suffer phobias.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillian isn't afraid of anything. That trial just proved it.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    She claims she is phobic of everything in the jungle when really she has fears about everything in the jungle if she had a water phobia she probably wouldn't have done the boat ride into camp let alone that trial!!
  • jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    NO... but she knows the word PUBLICITY....:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »
    She claims she is phobic of everything in the jungle when really she has fears about everything in the jungle if she had a water phobia she probably wouldn't have done the boat ride into camp!

I have a fear of spiders, the first thing I would never do for any amount of money is put myself in a situation where I would be likely to encounter a spider.

I wouldn't even count my fear as at a level to be deemed phobia.
  • creamsodacreamsoda Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a phobia of spiders and I cant even watch theTV when they do trials with spiders on it. I am also not a strong swimmer although I do swim, but I dont like going out of my depth if other people are around or putting my head underwater. I dont have a particular fear or phobia of water but I couldn't have done what Gillian did in that trial so there is no way she has a phobia of water. If she did she wouldn't have done it.

I think a lot of it is exaggerated, just look at the digger trial. I think she only did this trial because Dom was there and he would tell everyone the truth when they got back.
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    Gillian slipped up when she mentioned Katie Price. Basically she has gone for the Katie Price 'phobias' of last year and multiplied it 100 x for maximum exposure on TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillian isn't afraid of anything. That trial just proved it.

Yes she is, she's afraid of not being the centre of attention :rolleyes:
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »
    She claims she is phobic of everything in the jungle when really she has fears about everything in the jungle if she had a water phobia she probably wouldn't have done the boat ride into camp let alone that trial!!

Individual differences we are not all clones.:D
  • redianredian Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    mmcd wrote: »
    Gillian slipped up when she mentioned Katie Price. Basically she has gone for the Katie Price 'phobias' of last year and multiplied it 100 x for maximum exposure on TV.

Yet she insists that she has never seen the programme before.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

..... she has done a linguistics degree so she should do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »

..... she has done a linguistics degree so she should do.

Well it seems about as well founded as her nutrition qualifications given the evidence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a phobia of deep waters. Can't even go in the deep end of a baby swimming pool.

Breaking Benjamin's singer has got a phobia of Planes which is why he is never going to leave the U.S. (bye bye any World tours :()

Gillian is just attention seeking.