Would Lucy Have Been Evicted If She Had Got Her Threepenny Bits Out?

Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I truly believe that Lucy blew all her chances, of going further, when she didn't display what she was famous for.

All the others performed their professions. Tommy gave a short, but brilliant, oration. The singers gave a tune, the actors performed Romeo & Juliet and even Ulrika gave us a weather forecast.

Surely Lucy should have flashed her prize assets.

I know this has been discussed before but I thought I'd start it again now that Lucy has gone.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    she would have been dull either way and still would have gone
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More to the point would the viewer have been allowed to see it?
    Has any celebrity on the show ever been shown topless?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    If she did that, she would of defo of gone. Some people (some girls) even moan when girls wear bikkis on BB.
  • millymilly Posts: 5,871
    Forum Member
    I couldn't understand why she was going on about the labour party when she gets her t!ts out for a living,maybe she didn't want to get em out because they've not been airbrushed,but if she had have done,i think it would have saved her..
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Anyone who was interested in seeing her 'Threepenny Bits' will already of seen them in print. :rolleyes:

She was a boring housemate, up against a more interesting housemate and she got the boot.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she'd have got her, ahem, baps out she'd have got even MORE votes to evict. She was fighting a losing battle. The public aren't willing to give glamour models a chance, whether they're blonde, shallow and bimbos or intelligent and middle class.

Whatever Lucy did was slated. She stood up to Coolio and people claimed she only did it because she knew he was winding up ALL the women, or she only did it because she thought that's what she SHOULD do to stay in. Pathetic.

I liked her, and her eviction interview made me like her more. I think she hit the nail on the head when she said perhaps she was voted out because she was too normal. She still showed that not all glamour models are like the typical stereotype, whether she was an exciting housemate or not.

Good luck to her :)
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SG-1 wrote: »
    More to the point would the viewer have been allowed to see it?
    Has any celebrity on the show ever been shown topless?

No, because, unlike Lucy, their reasons for being there weren't related solely to their page 3 expliots.
  • MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that she didn't get her assets out was pretty much the only thing I liked about her. I thought Davina was pretty tacky going on about it last night.
    Lucy was supposedly trying to show herself as a real person not as a topless model. She did quite well in that respect. But it makes you wonder why chose glamour modelling as a career (I know...I know! Money!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mamaboogie wrote: »
    But it makes you wonder why chose glamour modelling as a career (I know...I know! Money!)

Don't we all go to work to get money? Some people choose careers that get them more money, some people choose careers that are lucrative AND they enjoy the job. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, thus far, the general opinion is that TC was justified in dubbing her the least talented housemate.

I have to agree myself. I just wondered whether more guys (and some girls maybe) would have tried to keep her in if she had flashed her boobies.

I don't know the exact voting details but Divi said that it was close. Maybe, just maybe, Lucy could have avoided eviction with 4by4 going instead.
  • ianidallianidall Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she's done her 'news in briefs' in a bikini or lingerie (rather than topless) I think the celebs would have recognised she was reflecting the work which made her famous, and the there would be only limited manouuvre for indignation by any sections of the viewing public. C4 would have had no moral/legal worries to think of.

Provided she had carried it off with a bit of pizazz, that might well have made more act to save her. As well as the obvious market for such a 'presentation', people might well have thought "well good on you - you're not ashamed of how you make a living and taken a pile of money off these publication owners by posing for harmless pictures".

Michelle got off the hook for being uttely talentless during that task simply because she had the PVC costume on. And people did not really get up-in-arms that it was the costume that enabled her to fly under the radar rather than be remembered as useless in the field she is supposedly famous for.
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, thus far, the general opinion is that TC was justified in dubbing her the least talented housemate.

I have to agree myself. I just wondered whether more guys (and some girls maybe) would have tried to keep her in if she had flashed her boobies.

I don't know the exact voting details but Divi said that it was close. Maybe, just maybe, Lucy could have avoided eviction with 4by4 going instead.
    Voting stinks anyway.
    The voting market is dominated by gambling and some over obsessive fans that dial hundreds of times so i dont think we can really make any real judgement on how the majority of viewers feel,in a similar way the booing crowd dont represent the majority of viewers.
    My bet is that had lucy gone topless we wouldnt have seen it anyway...I cant recall any nudity in cbb ever so i doubt theyd start now despite lucy being a page 3 girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianidall wrote: »
    If she's done her 'news in briefs' in a bikini or lingerie (rather than topless) I think the celebs would have recognised she was reflecting the work which made her famous, and the there would be only limited manouuvre for indignation by any sections of the viewing public. C4 would have had no moral/legal worries to think of.

Provided she had carried it off with a bit of pizazz, that might well have made more act to save her. As well as the obvious market for such a 'presentation', people might well have thought "well good on you - you're not ashamed of how you make a living and taken a pile of money off these publication owners by posing for harmless pictures".

I think people would have been more likely to think "I KNEW all she would do is get her boobs out!" "She can't win when all she does is get her boobs out!" "What a slag, standing there with her boobs out". I think that's a fairer prediction of the rubbish that comes from many on here, anyway :)
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a vote to stay in then possibly she would have gained a hige male vote.

But as it was a vote to be evicted, then it wouldn't have made any difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2FS wrote: »
    Anyone who was interested in seeing her 'Threepenny Bits' will already of seen them in print. :rolleyes:

I steer well clear of such publications so feel I didn't get to see the "real Lucy!"
  • r.a.i.n.b.o.wr.a.i.n.b.o.w Posts: 9,705
    Forum Member
    I don't think showing her boobs would have helped. Everyone's seen them anyway, and BB isn't well known for having 1000s of hetero male viewers/voters. Getting her baps out prolly would have SECURED her eviction...
  • ianidallianidall Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I think people would have been more likely to think "I KNEW all she would do is get her boobs out!" "She can't win when all she does is get her boobs out!" "What a slag, standing there with her boobs out". I think that's a fairer prediction of the rubbish that comes from many on here, anyway :)
    Did you read what I said? I did not suggest she get her boobs out, but rather should have worn a more apt 'costume'. I see little difference between wearing a fetish PVC costume (which enabled Michelle to get away with being utterly talentless with Terry and the public at large) and a tasteful lingerie'costume'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO....surely WHOEVER was up against Ulrika had NO CHANCE!

remember who is getting paid the highest amount by Channel 4.....thats right Ulrika!

The editing staff no doubt had a directive to make sure whoever Ulrika is up against either looks boring, abusive etc etc...
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is possible that she might not have been nominated:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    It is possible that she might not have been nominated:)

Good point.

Maybe that's the question I should have asked:

Would TC have nominated her if she had "got them out?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazygunuk wrote: »
    LMAO....surely WHOEVER was up against Ulrika had NO CHANCE!

remember who is getting paid the highest amount by Channel 4.....thats right Ulrika!

The editing staff no doubt had a directive to make sure whoever Ulrika is up against either looks boring, abusive etc etc...

A cynical view but probably true.

C4 can manipulate us more now that the red button has vanished, can't they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad she didn't get em out - it wouldn't have made any difference. Ulrika is the chosen one I reckon.
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if she had gotten them out thenshe still would have gone - just with a bigger majority. As a female it would do absolutely nothing for me seeing her bob her boobs around and I would consider it a degrading call for attention on her part and would have disliked her for it. As it were I no particular opinion either way as she was just dull .
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would probably have gone with a higher percentage of the vote if she 'got them out'. I don't know why Davina and everyone is acting like that's the reason she went, they all know she'd be hated if she flaunted her body on the show.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was damned either way