Options

Editing the HDR Files on a PC

zetorzetor Posts: 340
Forum Member
I have read various threads on this subject but has anyone actually successfully edited the HDR video files on a PC? By editing I mean trimming the beginning and end and removal of adverts, I have copied the files to my PC via a USB stick, they play fine in Nero Showtime and WMP. I have tried using VideoRedo v3.1.4.549 but after importing the file all the frames are green and I get an error message saying "Problem While Seeking" Other programs have been mentioned in posts but I have not read one that says someone has actually had any success using them.

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zetor wrote: »
    I have read various threads on this subject but has anyone actually successfully edited the HDR video files on a PC? By editing I mean trimming the beginning and end and removal of adverts, I have copied the files to my PC via a USB stick, they play fine in Nero Showtime and WMP. I have tried using VideoRedo v3.1.4.549 but after importing the file all the frames are green and I get an error message saying "Problem While Seeking" Other programs have been mentioned in posts but I have not read one that says someone has actually had any success using them.

Assumming you are using SD files

The video redo beta from here works fine for me

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=6972

Suggest you might want to search and possibly post in the video redo forum to see if anyone else has had this strange problem. You could try using Video Redo's streamfix facility
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Assumming you are using SD files
    The video redo beta from here works fine for me
    http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=6972
    Suggest you might want to search and possibly post in the video redo forum to see if anyone else has had this strange problem. You could try using Video Redo's streamfix facility

Yes files are SD, thanks for the info, I'll check out the beta version at least I have something to work on knowing it should work.
  • Options
    jcsagerjcsager Posts: 146
    Forum Member

I've done it on Linux. The HDR .ts files are not 'standard' TS files as they have a 4-byte header before the 188-byte TS packet. I wrote a small program to read the HDR .ts file, extract the video & audio packets (selected by PID) and write them to a standard .ts file. I then open this in AVIdemux, edit start, end & adverts out of the middle, then save it in MPEG-PS format. Then I process this into a standard DVD form with dvdauthor & write the resulting directory to a DVD with growisofs. If the file is too big for a single-layer DVD then DVDshrink will run successfully under Wine.
  • Options
    mwardymwardy Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried using VideoRedo v3.1.4.549 but after importing the file all the frames are green and I get an error message saying "Problem While Seeking"

It sounds as if you have VideoRedo TV Suite rather than plus. If so, I can confirm v3.1.5.564 from July 2008 works fine with the non-standard HDR files. This isn't the current beta, but I'm sure the older version are available on the VRD website. I have had no beta-like problems with it at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mwardy wrote: »
    It sounds as if you have VideoRedo TV Suite rather than plus. If so, I can confirm v3.1.5.564 from July 2008 works fine with the non-standard HDR files. This isn't the current beta, but I'm sure the older version are available on the VRD website. I have had no beta-like problems with it at all.

Yes your are correct it is the VideoRedo TV Suite, I'll check out their website, thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Yes I've done it by getting the .ts files off the Humax in non-freesat (re-booted) mode as discussed elsewhere.

Once on the PC I used PVAStrumento (Freeware) to demux making sure the box "TS is a TS-192 stream" box is ticked in the Defaults-Expert tab and then using Cuttermaran (Freeware) to edit. I end up with an .mpg file.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EDIT: Oops, must be losing it! this works for SD, thought I'd tried HD, but clearly not as I just have and it only does the audio stream. I'll have a fiddle with the settings and come back. Sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having messed this up I've been experimenting with TS Packet Editor v3.01 available from Videohelp.com

Link: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?toolsearch=ts+packet&Submit=Search&s=&orderby=Name&hits=50&convert=&dvdauthorfeatures=

It seems to be able to edit the .ts stream directly, but I'm not sure how it copes with the multiple audio tracks yet.

There's a guide on the author's site, but the links to the software don't work from there (they do in Videohelp).

Link: http://www.hdtvtotal.com/module-pagesetter-viewpub-tid-1-pid-954.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I used VideoReDo TVSuite v3.1.5.565 to cut a song out of a TV concert then save it as an mpeg file.

It was dead easy and I had absolutely no problems.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you sure that was High Def and not Standard Def?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Yes it was Standard Def, didn't realise you were discussing High Def.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm definitely having a bad day. I think the original thread was talking about SD, but I'd convinced myself it was HD! I need to lie down now . . .