Four in a Bed - New Series

Comments

• fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    What sort of person would take the programme so seriously as to send hate mail? Pointless question really, how would you understand the answer?

I've realised who the spiteful gay man reminded me of; one of the men in 'A House in Crete', or maybe Greece , the one who had an obsession about a window sliding down - into their financial patrners' living space. I believe they returned to the UK; it isn't him, is it?

Yes he does doesn't he, he could be his twin, he was a spiteful old bugger too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    I would not stay with them after I saw them yesterday. She is a horriod patronising and decietful woman who appears to have married her own Grandma.

Were you efering to Happy Donkey Hill woman (Katie, I think her name was) or the B&B By the Beach owner?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "By the Beach" is a bit misleading. Looks like a good walk to the beach on the map!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Well, BreakfastCook, I was glad you won. I thought your B & B offered by far the best value for money. Sorry to hear about the hate mails you've been getting, some people are just idiots.

I really didn't want the Castle House people to win, didn't like their attitude & Jill's attempts to sway the result. And nice though their place was, for £155 you can get a room at a decent hotel with an evening meal thrown in.

I was surprised you managed to eat the pancake after finding that hair in it, I wouldn't have eaten it and that alone was worth the deduction you made.
    i forgot i was miked up so it sounded like a stage whisper to my husband and of course the director heard and was there like a shot. the sort of thing can do real damage to a buisness
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    "By the Beach" is a bit misleading. Looks like a good walk to the beach on the map!

200 meters 4 minute walk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    200 meters 4 minute walk

your husband reminded me of the late great toe knee hart:D

:o
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sure that person wasn't being disrespectful to the posters on this site. I think he or she was just saying that, given that this is a TV forum, there's bound to be some frank commentary that will be hurtful to you. After all, as viewers, we can only comment on what actually made the final cut, even though I'm sure most of us know full well that that is never going to be the whole story. If I were to appear on one of these shows, I would not come on here for a while, even though I love these forums and the majority of people who post here are very nice.

I wasnt being disrespectful to the people who regularly post on this forum, as you say, its frank commentary. And usually inculdes a hearty dose of quite cutting humour.

I thought that VfM wise B&BbtB would have won anyway, and quite rightly so. BUT they did make strategic choices to ensure they won... it was unnecessary, I think they would still have won even if they had been honest and respectful to thier fellow professionals.

If you are a bit pompous with over inflated opinions of onesself and a tendancy to look down your nose and then manipulate to win... its probably best not go on telly and show the viewers :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    What sort of person would take the programme so seriously as to send hate mail? Pointless question really, how would you understand the answer?

I've realised who the spiteful gay man reminded me of; one of the men in 'A House in Crete', or maybe Greece , the one who had an obsession about a window sliding down - into their financial patrners' living space. I believe they returned to the UK; it isn't him, is it?

No its not him.
    Did they come back after all the fuss he made about the blinking window.? :eek:
    I could never understand why their friends tollerated being treated like a bank but given no say in what happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its not him.
    Did they come back after all the fuss he made about the blinking window.? :eek:
    I could never understand why their friends tollerated being treated like a bank but given no say in what happened.

Didn't they run out of money so they had to come back? that bloody window was over £30.000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    Didn't they run out of money so they had to come back? that bloody window was over £30.000

I dunno love, but i had hoped that once he went he would stay there. :D
    Brian!!! that was his name... cant recall his blokes name, but it wouldnt surprise me if they opened a B&B and were on something like this show as Brian was keen on the spotlight :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the first week's shows I went out and bought some good quality bacon having seen the daily English Breakfasts. This week I got an old toothbrush and bleach and cleaned around the taps to remove the old limescale and also where the shower is attached to the wall a la Gill.The power of television, eh? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno love, but i had hoped that once he went he would stay there. :D
    Brian!!! that was his name... cant recall his blokes name, but it wouldnt surprise me if they opened a B&B and where on something like this show as Brian was keen on the spotlight :rolleyes:

That's it ,I couldn't remember his name, I don't know where he got all the money to fritter about as he was a cashier in ASDA wasn't he?
    I would love to know what happened to the couple who wanted to buy a snail farm too, they were complete nut jobs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's it ,I couldn't remember his name, I don't know where he got all the money to fritter about as he was a cashier in ASDA wasn't he?
    I would love to know what happened to the couple who wanted to buy a snail farm too, they were complete nut jobs.

I've been into the recesses of my brain now, his partner was called Andrew and the long suffering pals were Pete and Lesley..
    I think he had been something else and was just marking time at Asda until they could go abroad.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting BreakfastCook.

When I first joined the forum I took what I saw on “reality” TV pretty much at face value. After posting on the forum with people from Coach Trip and CDWM I have learned how much manipulation goes on with the programmes so that the producers can put whatever slant they want on it. I wouldn’t have learnt this if it wasn’t for people like you joining us for a chat.

What is baffling me with this series is why every week has followed the line of one couple being miffed with their score and vowing to get their revenge. I can imagine that being the situation occasionally but not every week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    95 hate mails! Good God.
    Can you imagine how many Donkey woman and the spiteful gay geezer got?
    Actually, I emailed 'Donkey Woman' aka Katie, because I just had to let her know how incensed I was with her childish behaviour and attitude.
    It wasn't hate mail as far as I was concerned.
    I was very polite and to the point, so much so that she replied to tell me that she had been badly edited and I was to ask Studio Lambert for the unedited version.
    She also stated that Tony, from the Edinburgh B&B, got thrown out of the pub for violent and aggressive behaviour!
    Never saw any hint of that on the show, did anyone else?
    Katie even put herself on a par with Gillian McKeith in the hate stakes, so she is taking it all in the vein of 'there's no such thing as bad publicity'.
    The couples on this show are real people, not actors, love them or hate them, and as such should know that they may be jeopardising their personal reputations and any future business their B&B's may or may not get.
    PS I'm still not going to the Happy Donkey Hill B&B :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

snail farm bloke was lee and his bird i cant remember her name:eek:,her name was cheryl it just came to me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oceanview wrote: »
    Actually, I emailed 'Donkey Woman' aka Katie, because I just had to let her know how incensed I was with her childish behaviour and attitude.
    It wasn't hate mail as far as I was concerned.
    I was very polite and to the point, so much so that she replied to tell me that she had been badly edited and I was to ask Studio Lambert for the unedited version.
    She also stated that Tony, from the Edinburgh B&B, got thrown out of the pub for violent and aggressive behaviour!
    Never saw any hint of that on the show, did anyone else?
    Katie even put herself on a par with Gillian McKeith in the hate stakes, so she is taking it all in the vein of 'there's no such thing as bad publicity'.
    The couples on this show are real people, not actors, love them or hate them, and as such should know that they may be jeopardising their personal reputations and any future business their B&B's may or may not get.
    PS I'm still not going to the Happy Donkey Hill B&B :rolleyes:

Well I like to exchange my views frankly on here but I wouldnt seek them out to tell them what I thought about them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote: »
    This week I got an old toothbrush and bleach and cleaned around the taps to remove the old limescale and also where the shower is attached to the wall a la Gill.The power of television, eh? ;)

I did as well :D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Except that he didn't pay for it. The company made it, and I believe transported it. Then he told them to cancel it. The company should have sued him.
    ..........I would love to know what happened to the couple who wanted to buy a snail farm too, they were complete nut jobs.

There were a couple of series...he just didn't seem to care about other people, including his wife! Unfortunately, the programmes were on cable channels at odd hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    No, he/she is from the B&B By the Beach. Lovely place.

Maybe but defo not lovely people............. spiteful and two faced.
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont undertstand how the contestants justify the price and the mark downs they make e.g. they mark down a cheap B&B like The Swan because it doesn't have en-suites; but surely that is reflected in the asking price, which is why it is so much cheaper than the others to start with.
    The way I see it, the only way this type of marking works is if all the B&Bs featured charge the same basic rate and are compared like for like and even then you have to take location into consideration. By the way although The Castle did 'look' lovely I thought £155.00 for a B&B was too expensive when you could stay in a lovely hotel with a bar, restuarant and usually a pool or spa for that sort of price.
  • teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Chris from the B&B by the beach reminded me of someone,but I couldn't think who, then it occurred to me - former New Yorker editor Tina Brown

not meant nastily, BTW :)
  • SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone spot the registration of one of them from the second week

mr5 bnb (mrs bnb)

lol
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think 3 in a bed is a turn on!!!!!!!!!!! but 4 must be a turn off..:mad:
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the right B&B won this week - B&Bbythe Beach looked like it offered good value for money (and breakfast looked fab).

Whilst the Swan Inn looked OK and I'd be happy to stay there, the man who ran it came across as quite an unpleasant person.

Castle House was very nice, but way over-priced.

The Landsbury was OK too, but the breakfast was a bit rubbish and I think Jill would drive me insane.
This discussion has been closed.