Painful Sex!

2»

Comments

• alr837alr837 Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be worth mentioning to your gp, chances are it is absolutely nothing other than him needing to be a little more gentle, but as other posters have said, pain during/ after sex can have a medical reason, so best to rule that out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    hassan wrote: »
    I am loving this thread :D
    Why, are you 14?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Roger More wrote: »
    Good Heavens dear boy! Are you sure she didn't stick a mousetrap up there to deter your amorous advances?

I bet that would hurt :eek::D I'm wincing just thinking about it...
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anonyuser wrote: »
    Why, are you 14?

claims to be 22, maybe still a virgin ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Anonyuser (and any other ladies with similar problems - or gentlemen whose ladies may have them), look up 'vaginismus' online. I'd post a specific link that is very helpful, but don't know if it's allowed.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I have just read an article about the above condition..I can see why you would point this condition out..but do not feel this is the cause..for me anyway..I am relaxed and have always enjoyed sex..still do..and have also been examined having had 3 children and have no problem with that..as others have pointed out it seems more about certain positions that can be very painful during sex but also leave you feeling very "bruised" afterwards..and even in quite significant pain the following day.Also I would say certain times of the month are worse than others..for example I know if I am ovulating then sex is more painful,the 2 weeks following ovulation seem fine right up to menstruation..then can have a fea weeks again that may be uncomfotable in certain positions.

I have also noticed my monthly menstruation has got more painful and also heavier (sorry) over the last few years..have just thought this could be with age (am 42) ..

For the last year I have kept thinking I will visit the GP to ask about ths..but like most of us I have 3 children wh get ill and need t visit and you sort them out first..plus feel like this smetimes then have a week feeling fine so just let it go..bt definately feel there is a reasn fr this.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you just need to ask him to stop banging you like a salvation army drum? Perhaps he just needs to be a little more gentle? Good sex doesn't have to be bang bang bang.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I have the same problem. I have a tilted/tipped uterus. It's very common, and the cervix gets hit quite easily during sex. I had the problem for years before I knew what it was - a nurse mentioned it during a smear test. Because it's not seen as a big deal they'd never mentioned it before -- she did mention that sex would be painful in certain positions though when I asked her, and when I looked it up later on the internet it confirmed it. You just have to take it easy during sex and avoid certain positions.
    Forum Member
    trufflecart how very interesting! I also have an inverted/tilted-opposite-way-uterus, which was only discovered when I was having an early pregnancy scan and they couldn't find anything despite there definitely being one present.

I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions and for sharing on this thread!

It's not vaginismus as from what I understand, that involves the entire pelvic muscle region going into a rigid spasm, making even entry near impossible.

ETA: I meant they couldn't find the pregnancy during the scan, not the uterus! :p
  • DazziebatDazziebat Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    You need to talk to this guy, does he know that it hurts you to have sex ? I am a guy and i would be most upset if i was hurting my girlfriend/wife while haveing sex maybe its just me but sex should be fun ! Just talk to this guy he will understand ! If this guy loves you the last thing he would want to do is hurt you !
    Forum Member
    Dazziebat wrote: »
    You need to talk to this guy, does he know that it hurts you to have sex ? I am a guy and i would be most upset if i was hurting my girlfriend/wife while haveing sex maybe its just me but sex should be fun ! Just talk to this guy he will understand ! If this guy loves you the last thing he would want to do is hurt you !
    :D Thank you and yes I have - and yes, he has no wish to cause pain and certainly stops if I let him know so! But, I want to find out if a. this is usual and b. if I need/can do anything about it - sometimes is nice to get a good rogering ;):p
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for ladies of a 'certain age' there is an issue with increasing dryness (sorry), so you can get an internal moisturiser called 'Replens' from your local chemist (am I allowed to say boots?) oh well too late, and use that on a daily basis plus a water based lubricant - some nice flavoured ones at your local AS shop. I've had/have the pains OP and others describe and it is excruciating.
  • alr837alr837 Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as there has been a change in your periods, and the extended pain, then mention it to the gp. As i said, chances are it is absolutely nothing, but could be peri-menapouse, endometriosis, fibriods etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lube and a few fingers to warm you up.

You can buy a spray called anal eze which numbs the ara, spray a bit of that up.