Of all the names suggested...

xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who do you hope it is?
Who wouldn't you like?
Who has not been mentioned that you would like?

Ben Daniels
Jennifer Saunders
Matthew McFadyen (my mum thinks Rupert Grint would be good)

Comments

• AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xbling wrote: »
    Who do you hope it is?
    Who wouldn't you like?

Ben Daniels
    Jennifer Saunders

Well, Richard Armitage would be brilliant. I could live with Jonas Armstrong or Colin Morgan. I wouldn't want Bradley James but I am now really hoping it's Andrew Scott.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Of all the names suggested Capaldi is far and away my favourite and I'll be quite disappointed now if it's not him.

I'm really not keen on the idea of Andrew Scott - don't want another young 'pretty' Doctor and I don't like him in Sherlock.

Someone I've only seen mentioned in one place (other than by myself, here, a few weeks ago) is David Thewlis. I'd be very happy if it was him, I think he'd be excellent.
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Hope: Daniel Rigby [well Capaldi would be the dream but the Muskateers show seems to rule it out]

Don't Want: Idris Elba [Nothing against his acting skills - he absolutely nails every role he has, and is probably one of THE British talents at the moment - but I want a long-term Doctor, like four or five seasons, and his career is at the wrong sort of time for him to commit for that long to such a time-consuming project, so he'd only be around for a year or two, realistically]

Name Not Mentioned: Richard Coyle [Seriously, he's been the one I've wanted since the revival was announced - he's the perfect Doctor in my mind. But he never seems to make the bookies' lists at all... Probably due to the way he and Moff parted ways in Coupling]
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the really good up and coming actors mentioned (e.g. Aneurin Barnard, Daniel Rigby, Emun Elliott). Someone whose coming in - similar to Matt - with little to no baggage and can surprise us with something fresh.
  • xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xbling wrote: »
    Who do you hope it is?
    Who wouldn't you like?

Ben Daniels
    Jennifer Saunders

Can I just add that Jennifer Saunders is fab but not The Doctor for me.
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you hope it is?
    First choice - Capaldi, Second choice - Ben Daniels, Domhnall Gleeson
    Who wouldn't you like?
    Daniel Rigby, Idris Elba
    Sam Troughton :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Moffat reveals himself to be the 12th Doctor and laughs hysterically into the camera.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you hope it is? Daniel Rigby, Andrew Scott
    Who wouldn't you like? Most of the other common suggestions such as Capaldi/ Elba.
    Good question - who hasn't been mentioned?!
    Trying to think of someone really random...

Andrew Knott?! ha!

EDIT: Robert Sheehan would be great but that will never happen - he's just beginning a movie career. If that doesn't pick up enough, he'd be great in a few years. Seems to be very happy with interviews / being approached in the street etc. too which is a bonus.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Capaldi for me.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do I hope it is ?
    Either Peter Capaldi or Daniel Rigby of the tipped people.

Who Wouldn't I like ?
    Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint or someone else under 30.

Who would I like who hasn't been mentioned ?
    Does Julian Rhind Tutt count, even though he has briefly been mentioned. ?

On a side note, unless its lazy Sun Journalism, there was a small column mentioning that Matt Smith was on the phone for 20 minutes to his successor. Talking to him about coping with the fame.
    That would suggest someone of a similar age to him, not Capaldi. Then again I am quoting a rag mag.
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Like: Peter Capaldi or Rachel Weisz

Wouldn't Like: Daniel Rigby

Hasn't been mentioned: I know he turned down Nine but Bill Nighy would always be a fantastic Doctor.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Andrew Scott or Jaime Murray or a female who has played in a lot of fantasy/sci fi shows (if a female is picked obviously)
    I don't really know who I wouldn't like, I suppose a really typically attractive young guy I suppose someone like Jenna's boyfriend (can't remember his name) as that would suggest they're going the romance route.

Or Richard Armitage as someone else has suggested here. I know he's attractive but he is older so they wouldn't perhaps do the romance route with the companion, though I'd like to see River Song interact with him. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure who I would like as I think everyone who has played the role has done it well even if when they were announced it didnt seem like they were always a good fit.
    I wouldn't like someone in the early/mid twenties because I dont want to feel like I'm watching some kind of E4 teen drama, (although having said that in the light of my initial comments that doesnt necessarily mean it would be a bad thing in the long run).
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, (probably has ), but someone who hasnt been mentioned: Tilda Swinton
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't like - Peter Capaldi

Would like - Damien Molony or Jonas Armstrong
  • Brenda McQueenBrenda McQueen Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    So what do we all think? will the new Doctor be Scottie McClue?

http://www.scottie-mcclue.com/images/edbr1.jpg
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Wouldn't like - Peter Capaldi

Would like - Damien Molony or Jonas Armstrong

Remember what Robin Hood was like with Armstrong ?

Plus I have heard he is a tit.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    I'll support whoever the next Doctor is. I would be delighted if it is Peter Capaldi but also hope they don't go down the teen pleasing eye candy route as I fear the show would seriously become stuck in a rut. Now is exactly the right time for an older Doctor.

I'm sure they will get it right though (old or young) as for me the role has never been miscast, it is just some eras have been better than others in the writing and ideas so naturally the relevant Doctor in a 'so-so' era sufferers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My random guesses are Ciaran Griffiths or Callum Blue.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Hope: Not really sure, as long as they can act I'll be happy with almost anybody. Domhnall Gleeson could be good, and ever since someone mentioned it (and how much they hated the idea) I've liked the idea of it being Rachel Weisz, in fact the more I think about it the more I love it.

Wouldn't like: Russell Tovey and James Corden, are the two horror show candidates that come to mind.

Who has not been mentioned that you would like?: Hugh Dancy, would never happen because of Hannibal and various other reasons but I wouldn't mind him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still thinking Andrew Lee Potts has got the part for some reason and I'm struggling to get that idea out of my head, just a feeling of sorts.

Only several hours to wait anyway and most will be wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Would love Richard Armitage. If not, then someone really low key who I can learn to love rather than picture in another role.

Really not wanting Peter Capaldi.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Name Not Mentioned: Richard Coyle [Seriously, he's been the one I've wanted since the revival was announced - he's the perfect Doctor in my mind. But he never seems to make the bookies' lists at all... Probably due to the way he and Moff parted ways in Coupling]

Me too, I would love him in the role but I resigned long ago that it would never be him so Daniel Rigby is my favourite now!
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PokeyOaks wrote: »
    My random guesses are Ciaran Griffiths or Callum Blue.

Callum Blue looks too much like Tennant imo!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg9/scaled.php?server=9&filename=zod.png&res=medium
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Damien Maloney. He was fantastic in the last two series of Being Human
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Callum Blue was like he was in Smallville I would say definitely not, but if he played the part in the manner he plays his role in The Tudors, that would be OK.