The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Someones found one of the places then. :p

Since you gloat in the glory of a spokes person for RockStar :rolleyes:, did QA not find the vehicles disappearing bug?
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    How do you invest in stocks? Just done the first assassination mission and realised I have enough money now to buy some.

I just done a random event where I was trevor and I helped some guy make his flight. He told me to invest in tinkle or something, which I did, 92k and the following day I sold them and made a 26k profit. Just wish I hadn't bought some property for 80k.

Anyway ign lists a few related to missions

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Stock_Market

So what is best to invest in property or keep your cash and buy stock?
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    You should have used the Lester Assassination missions to invest. Listen to Lester and he'll tell you what to invest in before or after each assassination attempt.

No, I meant how do you actually do it? Like, how do you access the stock market? Is it through your phone? Do you need to get on the internet? What site do you go on?
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, phone, internet then chose the tab money/investments. You should get the option of lcn or bawsaq.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just learnt there is a bulldozer in the game looks like much fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick bash on the prologue last was ok. Handling on the car was all over the place.

But is there really any need for F this F that all the time. The swearing seemed at times a little excessive and OTT!
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick bash on the prologue last was ok. Handling on the car was all over the place.

But is there really any need for F this F that all the time. The swearing seemed at times a little excessive and OTT!

All the killing is ok but a few naughty words offend you!

May be pacman is more for you
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Told you not to bother buying it, you're practically a fashion victim!

And, yeah, the language is needed for the story - it helps to establish character for one. It IS and 18 rated game, after all...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Told you not to bother buying it, you're practically a fashion victim!

And, yeah, the language is needed for the story - it helps to establish character for one. It IS and 18 rated game, after all...

Vice City never went that far.
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plays like a bad American Hollywood movie, complete with obligatory and unnecessary bad language and vulgarity.

Interactive world? Wow! Final Fantasy has been doing this for years, but with more class.

Will appeal to those who liked the Die Hard series with Bruce Willis.

5/10.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vice City never went that far.

I don't think Vice City was 18 rated. Things move on.
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it is OTT as that's how many people speak.
    All you have to go is on any public transport to hear how much people actually say the F word and how often they say it in a sentence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plays like a bad American Hollywood movie, complete with obligatory and unnecessary bad language and vulgarity.

Interactive world? Wow! Final Fantasy has been doing this for years, but with more class.

5/10.

I know this is an obvious trolling attempt, but here it goes

Go and watch the movies it is based on before commenting

When was the last time you actually played a Final Fantasy game?

Get out of town, you mean an action game will appeal to fans of an action film, there was me thinking this was aimed at Disney Fairy Princess fans
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I don't think Vice City was 18 rated. Things move on.

Vice City was an 18 certificate, infact every GTA game except for Chinatown Wars and a Gameboy version of the original GTA have all been rated 18 (those two were 16+ I believe).

EDIT: just checked, Chinatown Wars was also an 18. My mistake.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

5/10.

Reads like a poor attempt at trolling, complete with obligatory and unecessary insincerity and humour.

Realistic Post? Wow! Many people have been doing this on DS for yes, but with more class.

Will appeal to those who liked crazychris and traceystapes.

1/10
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where does the blimp get dropped off?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just bought the game could someone tell me how to switch from Franklin to the other characters, just getting used to it
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    just bought the game could someone tell me how to switch from Franklin to the other characters, just getting used to it

Hold down on the dpad & use the right thumbstick to move to the one you want to select. You can only switch when you've unlocked those characters though
  • Options
    andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You hold the down button on the d-pad and use the right analogue stick to select your character, although they might not be available to switch to straight away, I know you unlock Michael after a few Franklin missions, and Trevor is unlocked after the first heist mission

Edit: beaten to it lol
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reads like a poor attempt at trolling, complete with obligatory and unecessary insincerity and humour.

Realistic Post? Wow! Many people have been doing this on DS for yes, but with more class.

Will appeal to those who liked crazychris and traceystapes.

1/10

He is trolling but the interactive comment I agree with. I drive past a 24/7 or Taco Bomb or Burger Shot or Clukin' Bell think, yeah, I'll rob this joint to find out it's just a building which we cannot enter. That pisses me off no end as once the story and all side missions is over the game dies off FAST (many people have commented about this and said similar). This is one of the reasons the extensive online was introduced.
    Mythica wrote: »
    Where does the blimp get dropped off?

north-east Los Santos, there is a race track and it'll be in the middle of the field there.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is trolling but the interactive comment I agree with. I drive past a 24/7 or Taco Bomb or Burger Shot or Clukin' Bell think, yeah, I'll rob this joint to find out it's just a building which we cannot enter. That pisses me off no end as once the story and all side missions is over the game dies off FAST (many people have commented about this and said similar). This is one of the reasons the extensive online was introduced

To be fair, I don't know of any open world game that didn't become boring after everything was completed. Just Cause 2 might be an exception as the various military bases and communication outposts did still hold a degree of challenge after the story mode was complete.

Anyway, I'm only 2% in to the game so far so got plenty to go - only just had my first tennis match !
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is trolling but the interactive comment I agree with. I drive past a 24/7 or Taco Bomb or Burger Shot or Clukin' Bell think, yeah, I'll rob this joint to find out it's just a building which we cannot enter. That pisses me off no end as once the story and all side missions is over the game dies off FAST (many people have commented about this and said similar). This is one of the reasons the extensive online was introduced.

north-east Los Santos, there is a race track and it'll be in the middle of the field there.

Ok cheers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Hold down on the dpad & use the right thumbstick to move to the one you want to select. You can only switch when you've unlocked those characters though

thanks
    You hold the down button on the d-pad and use the right analogue stick to select your character, although they might not be available to switch to straight away, I know you unlock Michael after a few Franklin missions, and Trevor is unlocked after the first heist mission

Edit: beaten to it lol

i thought i would have to unlock for the characters to appear, done a few missions,passed a few and failed the paparazzo . thanks
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Did I just see:
    U.L Paper from GTA4 in a cutscene after the nerve toxin where you hovering over to collect it
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks

i thought i would have to unlock for the characters to appear, done a few missions,passed a few and failed the paparazzo . thanks

didn't you have to use this feature in the opening mission though?