Options

Sherlock - New BBC Drama (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Not my favourite Sherlock basically because time had to be spent "reinstating" Sherlock so to speak, but it was still great to have it back on our screens. Looking forward to Sunday's episode.

Damn you Moffat and Gatiss for not making it absolutely clear how Sherlock faked his death! :D

I concur. Big hopes for the next 2 now that Sherlock is back. I can't deny that I will be very annoyed if it is not made clear how Sherlock faked his death though, seems a bit of a cop out if they don't.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced Mary is adding much to this....
    Patience. It's a throwback to the original books.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer a decent story not mawkish sh**e as they're waiting to be blown up (and then the lamest of lame resolutions: the off-switch on the bomb).

I would love to hear you give an example of what you consider good TV...
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that was good TV, can't wait for the next episode on Sunday.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    that was brilliant!!!! i loved every second of it. quite emotional and moving in parts too. sherlock for all his bravado loves john, i loved him throwing his parents out as soon as john came in lol i need to rewatch that ep tho so much happened!

and that bit at the end...whoever was watching that was obviously gaging sherlocks reaction to john being in danger...so wonder what will come of that?
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Bet Gatiss penned episode for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    When will we get the final version?

When he whispers it into John's ear on their wedding night. :p

Except, of course, that will never happen outside of dirty, kinky fanfition...so no, we will never find out how he did it.

Probably for the best. Ambiguity is the most satisfying conclusion we could hope for to the mystery, I think.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I would love to hear you give an example of what you consider good TV...

Series 1 of 'Sherlock' was great as was some of series 2. This new episode was crap. As others have said, nothing but 'style over substance'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olive0000 wrote: »
    that was brilliant!!!! i loved every second of it. quite emotional and moving in parts too. sherlock for all his bravado loves john, i loved him throwing his parents out as soon as john came in lol i need to rewatch that ep tho so much happened!

and that bit at the end...whoever was watching that was obviously gaging sherlocks reaction to john being in danger...so wonder what will come of that?

I genuinely don't have any spoilers but I think I know where this season will end and that last bit was key.
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like a magic trick the answer to Sherlocks death would only disappoint.

So glad that's a bit ambiguous.

Wasn't keen on the whole show being about the relationship but would understand people disagreeing.

The crime hmmm...bit of luck the train guy going to Sherlock with that film.

I'd naively thought the whole of the underground was run on a computer system so the idea of carting off a carriage didn't quite wash.

Not one of the best episodes for me.

NB Sebastian Moran was Moriartys right hand man and Holmes had to deal with him as his first adventure back from the dead so I assume that's Moran we are seeing.

Kim Newman wrote a brilliant set of stories called The Hound of The Durbervilles which details Moriarty and Morans adventures up to the final fatal meeting with Holmes.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Fantastic :):).
    I've missed this so much. Hour and a half of bliss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 1 of 'Sherlock' was great as was some of series 2. This new episode was crap. As others have said, nothing but 'style over substance'.

no. Some other examples. What's your favourite TV program?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat, Moffat, Moffat, oooh Moffat..

It was written by Mark Gatiss, sorry.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing. Style over substance. Too much time wasted. :(
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonderful to see this back. Cumberbatch was superb but Martin Freeman was the Star of that episode for me. Such a great pairing.
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Bet Gatiss penned episode for sure.

Of anything ever I'd say, possibly except Adventures of Time and Space.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Una Stubbs was hilarious. I think even Cumberbatch was getting a kick out of her performance.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, if there are 13 scenarios, how many did we have tonight? Was anybody counting?

Just wondering how many more we have to see before the TRUTH comes out.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bravo, Mr. Gatiss and Mr. Moffat. Worth the two years, I say! :D
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many people watched tonight solely on hype?

Seems to be a lot of people surprised about the style of the series.
  • Options
    robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    What's the fact it's fiction got to do with it?

He's merely asking when we'll know the actual resolution to a mystery will be revealed which was created by the writer of this particular piece of fiction.

I think the point that Moffat was trying to make (in that scene when Sherlock Holmes was getting interviewed), was that it really doesn't matter which flashback is the 'correct' one, they are all plausible and that no one explanation will please everyone (the viewers).
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    How many people watched tonight solely on hype?

Seems to be a lot of people surprised about the style of the series.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you thinking people watched tonight who hadn't watched earlier episodes and so were "surprised about the style of the series"? :confused:
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patience. It's a throwback to the original books.

If I wait will she get a new voice and personality?
This discussion has been closed.