Madonna praises Margaret Thatcher

2»

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ In 2012 I was watching an end of year music show and, at one point, the talking heads were joking that Madonna's album had performed so badly that hardly anyone had heard of it. There was a short compilation of them all (jokingly) getting the name wrong i.e.. "What's it called? MDNO? MNAD?". If one of them had said "MDNE?", I just might have peed!

Anyway....
  • PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/95384209.html

Quite pathetic what she's become. Anything for a headline.

And here you are quoting this so YOU could get a bit of attention on this forum lol. Now THAT is pathetic.
  • PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness, I think Americans in general had a different perception of Thatcher in the Eighties than those of us poor beggers living here. Then obviously Madonna was a material girl, so might've been a rabid Tory anyway!

Yes because Labour are not material at all are they? Tell that to Dianne Abbot, Hariet Harmann, Ed 2 kitchens milliband, John 2 Jags Prscott, Tony multi millionaire Blair..the list is ****ing endless.

God, the hypocrites here sicken me.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/95384209.html

Quite pathetic what she's become. Anything for a headline.

She has been deluded for many years, should it be trying to get away with an awful cover of American Pie, right through to changing her religion every so often, wouldn't surprise me if she turns to Scientology next.

Millions are thankful that bag Thatcher met her maker, it's only a matter of time, before Madonna's shoddy music meets it's maker. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want any harm to come to Madonna as she is a legend, but is now a legend that should be left in the past and not release her now awful music.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,253
    Forum Member
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    Remember to buy her new album MDNE

LOL. Exactly. Shock tactics like this is all she has left.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes because Labour are not material at all are they? Tell that to Dianne Abbot, Hariet Harmann, Ed 2 kitchens milliband, John 2 Jags Prscott, Tony multi millionaire Blair..the list is ****ing endless.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. Exactly. Shock tactics like this is all she has left.

Are you actually for real? millions of people actually praise Thatcher. Madonna is well within her right to do so just as you constantly do on celebs here. Helen Mirren praised Maggie a few weeks back, suppose she is doing shock tactics too.

You are seriously grasping at straws in your Madonna hate yet again. I'm disgusted at what Ellie Arburton said you claimed about Rocco on the previous page. Your obsession with slating Madonna sounds unhealthy to me but that is just vile and truly highlights the vendetta you have against her.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,253
    Forum Member
    Are you actually for real? millions of people actually praise Thatcher. Madonna is well within her right to do so just as you constantly do on celebs here. Helen Mirren praised Maggie a few weeks back, suppose she is doing shock tactics too.

What is this response? By that logic Avatar is the greatest film ever made because millions saw it. Thatcher was terrible. Madonna has lived long enough in the U.K. to know what her horrible legacy is. If she was just based in the U.S that would be different but she's known better.

Though what's the point. Your user name says you won't listen to logic anyway.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this response? By that logic Avatar is the greatest film ever made because millions saw it. Thatcher was terrible. Madonna has lived long enough in the U.K. to know what her horrible legacy is. If she was just based in the U.S that would be different but she's known better.

An ICM poll in 2013 showed 50% of people thought Thatcher's term of office had been positive, so Madonna is simply reflecting the view of half the country.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    An ICM poll in 2013 showed 50% of people thought Thatcher's term of office had been positive, so Madonna is simply reflecting the view of half the country.

Exactly, Thatcher has actually topped several polls listing her as the greatest post war Prime Minister.

I don't even like Thatcher, I'm not defending her but I think anyone disputing the fact she was unpopular amongst everyone is deluding themselves, She won 3 elections. The likes of Cameron and Miliband could only wet dream that type of popularity.

What I'm defending here is the right for someone to have a positive view on her -which is perfectly within their rights of freedom. The saying your opinion is wrong unless I agree with it comes to mind.

And Dee I wouldn't even debate Madonna with you because every post you make on her is negative. I really am gobsmacked at the Rocco thing. That's such a disgraceful thing to post about a young boy I am surprised anyone actually would. Easy to hide behind a computer screen.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a democratically elected leader and PM. She won the necessary mandate. As with most politicians, there will be those who absolutely loathed her and they are entitled to that view.

Why should a positive opinion be deleted or censored just because some people don't like it? Freedom of speech, anyone?!

It's not as if Madge has a vote in the UK anyway. And Mrs T is still dead, so the pitchforks can be packed away again for now.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, and as you called me a hypocrite, how the heck did you extrapolate from my post that I was a New Labour Blair lover?! Couldn't stand Thatcher, but don't get me started on Blair! So there. :p
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    She was a democratically elected leader and PM. She won the necessary mandate. As with most politicians, there will be those who absolutely loathed her and they are entitled to that view.

Why should a positive opinion be deleted or censored just because some people don't like it? Freedom of speech, anyone?!

It's not as if Madge has a vote in the UK anyway. And Mrs T is still dead, so the pitchforks can be packed away again for now.
    Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from criticism. People for some reason think they can say anything and when criticized, they'll go - "you're infringing on my FREEDOM OF SPEECH!" No, that's now how it works. Freedom of speech means expressing your thoughts without being persecuted by the government. Madonna exercised her freedom of speech and other people exercised their freedom of speech by slamming her. That is freedom of speech in action! Madonna couldn't handle the heat so she deleted it. Simple as that. Her right to free speech was not infringed because she couldn't handle other people exercising their right to freedom of speech.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna is mainly remarkable for how someone that tries to be controversial can be so dull if you actually talk to her
    :kitty:
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Madonna is obviously totally ignorant of the harm MT did to this country and can only see the 'strong leader' part. Who cares what she thinks anyway?

Absolutely. I suggest Madonna visits say the Yorkshire pit villages and the South Wales valleys and takes a long hard look at the messes Maggie Thatcher left behind.

I would also like to know Madonna's opinion about Thatcher and the gay community.

Actually had Madonna's career ended about the same time as Thatcher's, she'd have saved herself a lot of embarrassment. Just like Thatcher, Madonna doesn't know when to give it up. She's just a past-it American who hasn't got a clue.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    Remember to buy her new album MDNE

No thanks.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    How does she feel about Princess Margaret? Surely she was much more like Madonna.