Errol Brown Dies

2»

Comments

• Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dissapointed to see that news of Errol's death got just a quick 15 second mention on Five News!(the half hour episode at 5pm) Errol's death deserved more time than that! Much of the programme was taken up by the election coverage!
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For years, I always thought one of the lines in the song 'You Sexy Thing', was 'I believe in Malcolm'. Of course it was, 'I believe in Miracles'. Silly I know.

Grew up as a young teenager listening to his music, 'Emily' is one I particularly remember.

God bless you, Errol, you were brilliant.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    :( Sad news. I knew someone who met him, and they said he was a really lovely bloke, unassuming and down to earth. RIP Errol.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    Sad news, a true legend, the likes of Errol Brown will never be seen again, he will be missed. RIP.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This made me sad, some great tunes from him
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very sad news, rest in peace Errol.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news :( RIP Errol
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    What a superb voice. Not many like him these days. Didnt ever hear him sing live, think he always mimed on tv which was a shame.
    I remember in school once, they played A Childs Prayer in assembly. QUite a shock at the time.
    Loved No Doubt about it, Put you together again, Every 1's a winner, Emma, Brother Louie, Chances, so many great songs. Didnt really like SO you win again. RIP errol
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's weird that some dismiss Hot Chocolate as a shallow disco band when in fact most Hot Chocolate songs - via Brown and Tony Wilson - are fairly bleak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. :(. I hoped that is was one of those unfunny "joke" headlines aswell.

RIP Errol.

I dont think you got the "joke" post you quoted did you. They had a song called "No Doubt About It"

Anyway RIP Errol
  • alimialimi Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many great memories, first record, teenage discos and dancing with boys all the while hoping to sneak home before me dad came down the stairs telling me I'm late home, aftershave, boyfriend jeans before they where called such, rip
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I believe he was only 66 not 71.

I saw him live many times and he was such a cool, cool guy. he was also very dignified and intelligent and a perfect gent when he was interviewed. RIP.

I didn't honestly think when I heard the sad news that he was as old as 71.

Due to my relatively young age, I came across two of their well-known songs: You Sexy Thing in a mobile phone advert in 1997 (around the time of The Full Monty and before I was aware that the song featured in the film) and Everyone's A Winner in a Burger King advert in 1999 :D