Options

This mark and Christopher thing.

Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Mark has suddenly regained interest purely because the newbies have been very nice to Christopher. Perhaps indicating to mark that Christopher is popular and worth linking to?

I really don't buy in to his sudden change of heart.

Comments

• Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a fame hungry using disgusting excuse for a carbon based lifeform.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Me too, think he's thinking game plan, poor Christopher :(
    Although I can't think why he wouldn't want Christopher he's gorgeous
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Its been going on for weeks, it's just not been shown until the last week.
  • Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww no they're cute :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hardly a massive change of heart if so. He's going on a date with him after the show just to see what happens. Its not like he's starting a showmance off like Steven & Kim.

In terms of the newbies I think he meant more that they had been 'shiny new toys' and he'd kinda forgetten about christopher and left him alone which wasn't very nice. So think he's just trying to make it up to him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I think that's the case
  • Options
    jaybee2jaybee2 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same thought as the OP.
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure he said in the DR that the newbies liked him and after being a bit horrible to him recently, they've made him see how nice he is. In other words, I've got the word if the newbies that he's popular. How he didn't realise he was liked before now when he's been saved in the top 2-3 ever week is beyond me. I'd like to think he's genuine but I am a bit skeptical about it dye to the newbies making Christopher's popularity obvious.

I'd like to think he's just getting the validation that he's the nice guy he thinks he is. Christopher is my fave hm so I'd like to think Mark is genuine.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Exactly that, combined with the audience reaction on Friday nights and the fact that Christopher is always the first one, or one of the first ones, saved. The most sincere my a***!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hardly a massive change of heart if so. He's going on a date with him after the show just to see what happens. Its not like he's starting a showmance off like Steven & Kim.

In terms of the newbies I think he meant more that they had been 'shiny new toys' and he'd kinda forgetten about christopher and left him alone which wasn't very nice. So think he's just trying to make it up to him

I hope so. I do think they like each other. At least leaving it until they get out of the house is the right way. To see their feelings develop could be sweet and nice.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I thought exactly the same, yeah more like the newbies made him realise how popular Christopher is.

In any event, I'm sure Christopher's spoilt for choice on the outside and why such a handsome, lovely gent like him would be attracted to such an annoying OTT character is beyond me!:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    docman wrote: »
    Its been going on for weeks, it's just not been shown until the last week.

Matthew said in an interview he thinks it's not genuine because when he was in the house mark told him not only that he didn't fancy him but that he didn't like him as a person either. We have even seen a video of Matthew warning mark against picking on Christopher so much
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    I thought exactly the same, yeah more like the newbies made him realise how popular Christopher is.

In any event, I'm sure Christopher's spoilt for choice on the outside and why such a handsome, lovely gent like him would be attracted to such an annoying OTT character is beyond me!:confused:
    BIB - My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moleymo wrote: »
    Matthew said in an interview he thinks it's not genuine because when he was in the house mark told him not only that he didn't fancy him but that he didn't like him as a person either. We have even seen a video of Matthew warning mark against picking on Christopher so much

I dont remember that interview. I do remember Matthew saying when he got out thst they were good friends to him in.there and that he can see them.gettimg closer now he's out. I dont remember Mark ever being one of the hms who did pick on Christopher at the beginning. Maybd they werent close like now but he had no pronlem with h unlike Pauline and het crew who hated him for breathing practically. I do think Mark is genunie in his friendship.
  • Options
    NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure he said in the DR that the newbies liked him and after being a bit horrible to him recently, they've made him see how nice he is. In other words, I've got the word if the newbies that he's popular. How he didn't realise he was liked before now when he's been saved in the top 2-3 ever week is beyond me. I'd like to think he's genuine but I am a bit skeptical about it dye to the newbies making Christopher's popularity obvious.

I'd like to think he's just getting the validation that he's the nice guy he thinks he is. Christopher is my fave hm so I'd like to think Mark is genuine.

At best, he needs (as said by someone else above) validation that his choices are right from other sources. He kissed Christopher then asked him to leave his bed, going completely cold on him. At worst, he calculated who to form an alliance with and has used Christopher and his popularity. In the same DR conversation Mark said twice that his treatment of Christopher was 'making him look bad' which makes me think the worst.

Neither is good for poor Christopher
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the cold Winter nights Christopher will be able to explain to Mark the dictionary.
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    I was going to start a thread on the same thing OP :)

Everything Mark does is calculated..... to appeal to the public.

He's the biggest fake in there !!!
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't trust Mark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    | would like to believe its real, however, Mark's reinterest in Christopher once the new housemates came in and again confirmed his popularity makes me believe his motives are not genuine affection for Christopher. Its a good move from Mark though, hes sticking with someone who he knows to be popular, hinting that there could be chance of romance, which as a fan of the show he will know keeps the public interested, yet not forcing it down our throats like Slurp 'n' burp and Kimberly.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark more or less confirmed this, didn't he, in the DR? He said that the new housemates were so positive about Christopher that it made him reconsider his behaviour towards him.

I really like Christopher and you would imagine that Mark is punching well above his weight (from an aesthetic point of view, an intellectual point of view and a personality point of view) but the dynamic is coming across in completely the opposite way. I think this is because Mark is such a 'large' character and Christopher's unsure of himself. It's that simple - confidence really is everything. Mark's not as dumb as he makes himself out to me, but he's no genius. He's not the most beautiful boy ever created. He's nowhere near as sweet and kind as Christopher. But he's brimming with confidence. Therefore, he appears to be firmly in the driving seat. It's fascinating.

I'd imagine Christopher won't be short of offers when he comes out, but if he and Mark want to try and make a go of it, best of luck to them.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    They are an ill matched pair in my opinion. But, if they want to see how they get on when they come out fair enough. I just don't want to see any more under the cover fumblings in the next few weeks. That other pair are making me feel quite sick.
  • Options
    crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that Mark has suddenly regained interest purely because the newbies have been very nice to Christopher. Perhaps indicating to mark that Christopher is popular and worth linking to?

I really don't buy in to his sudden change of heart.

Mark had craig and anthony story planned with matt but that got squashed. This is msrks plan b. If this fails he may only be left with suddenly anouncing his sex change the only winners left for him to try out.
  • Options
    newgirl55newgirl55 Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% the newbies like him so he changed his mind and said he likes him to, I don't like Mark, I like Christopher, I feel a bit sorry for him!