Options

Supernatural - Season 10 - US Pace

Comments

• Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Phew! For a second there, I thought I'd missed the launch. :o

I'm secretly hoping that this is the final season, though I can see it continuing on well beyond if Jenson & Jared are on board with the idea. The second one of them calls it a day, the show is done.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering about that too. There seemed to be talk about this being the last season then it went quiet on that front. There's no mention now of it being the final series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was wondering about that too. There seemed to be talk about this being the last season then it went quiet on that front. There's no mention now of it being the final series.
    If my memory recalls correctly, I think both Jenson & Jared were initially signed on for 5-seasons, as Kripke had envisioned a 5-season arc. Obviously they went further, and I thought that Jenson & Jared had agreed to another two or three seasons (thus Season 7 or 8). We're now headed into Season 10. :p

It would be nice to round it off at #10, though I don't think this storyline is the one needed to end the show; it should be another apocalyptic one, and I'd very much like to see the remaining Archangels back in the picture, along with, dare I say it, a well appointed actor to portray God. The final season needs a cameo (of sorts) by JDM too. The show can't go out without a return from him.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it, but the angel stuff needs to end and end soon. the militaristic jargon got incredibly tedious towards the end of the season i found.

they need to do more than one comedy episode as well - that's always a highlight.

but then where can you really go with a show where both leads have died multiple times, both have been to hell and escaped and both have also seemingly been to heaven ?

there's the option of them doing a time travel episode i suppose and coming back to a present that's had the timeline changed, so it's a reboot of sorts, but i think they'll really be stretching it if they tried that.

still, demon dean has a lot of potential :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to it, but the angel stuff needs to end and end soon. the militaristic jargon got incredibly tedious towards the end of the season i found.
    For the Angel stuff to conclude, they'd have to lock out Angels from the show, and Mischa Collins (Castiel) is too big a fan favourite now to do that.
    but then where can you really go with a show where both leads have died multiple times, both have been to hell and escaped and both have also seemingly been to heaven ?
    It's not just that either, not really. The show started as a monster of the week kind of thing, and then evolved. It's lately very much the Heaven vs. Hell theme, and where can you go that's bigger than Angels and Demons? Heck, we've even been to Purgatory and fought Leviathans. Short of Sam and Dean jumping on a Space Ship and battling aliens, there's no bigger threat to be had, not really.
    there's the option of them doing a time travel episode i suppose and coming back to a present that's had the timeline changed, so it's a reboot of sorts, but i think they'll really be stretching it if they tried that.
    That would be awful.
    still, demon dean has a lot of potential :)
    Aye, there is potential. Next we'll have Angel Sam. ;-)

Edit: Oh God, I've just had a terrible thought. What if Season 11 is actually an Angel Powered Sam? :cry:
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Interesting article here regarding season 11

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/35956/20140905/supernatural-season-11.htm

Cannot wait for the start of the 10th season to start, it will be interesting to see what happens. Hell I am one of the few that is looking forward to the musical episode. :blush::D
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I'm half reading this thread as I have yet to see season 9, thanks to it being dropped on UK TV :(

I am waiting patiently for season 9 to go onto Netflix US, which I hope it will soon.

This show has maintained its quality for longer than any other I can think off apart from SG-1. But I would want it to end on a high. It can potentially squeeze out another season taking them up to 11, then its time to end it. Hopefully with a happy ending :)

I am busy rewatching the old seasons - up to season 3 now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jenzen wrote: »
    This show has maintained its quality for longer than any other I can think off apart from SG-1. But I would want it to end on a high. It can potentially squeeze out another season taking them up to 11, then its time to end it. Hopefully with a happy ending :)
    For the most part, I'd agree, though I can't remember whether it was early Season 8, or early Season 9, but it was painful to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to go now. Also, good to hear that there will probably be a season 11. I would like it to be ended properly, though, and not cancelled in mid-air.
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the 'Supernatural recap' episode thing on the CW website. By going on what the team want they seem to want it to last as long as possible.

I find it strange the concept of going beyond 10 series! There are very few series that could pull it off.

I'm just really looking forward to it now! But I haven't finished my obligatory rewatch of series 9 yet!!
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I always liked the idea of the show being 10 years because the whole show could be a crossroad demon deal :D But now we're at 10 I don't want it to end.

I like the way OP has put US Pace in the title when there's no UK Pace, US Pace is all we have :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well season 9 got released on Netflix US today so guess what I'm doing for the next week :D

Wish I could watch Season 10 on the CW though :(
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    SOA, supernatural, arrow and flash and gotham all in the same week.

hell yeah
  • Options
    Anne-Marie_RoweAnne-Marie_Rowe Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Phew! For a second there, I thought I'd missed the launch. :o

I'm secretly hoping that this is the final season, though I can see it continuing on well beyond if Jenson & Jared are on board with the idea. The second one of them calls it a day, the show is done.

You mean Jensen, Jenson drives for F1 :)
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the last series that got aired in UK please? I've lost track of where I am up to!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not a bad start to the new season, but a little slow paced I thought. I am curious; as it was Metatron that took Castiels grace, save Castiel withering away, why not just torture Metatron until he gives Castiel his grace back?
    Boselecta wrote: »
    What was the last series that got aired in UK please? I've lost track of where I am up to!?
    I have no idea, likely Season 7?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Boselecta wrote: »

I think it was Season 8. I had to switch to watching Netflix US to watch Season 9 :(

It seems crazy that this series has no UK channel showing it.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone have a link to a way to stream season 10???:D

I used a site but they have stopped doing links to new shows.
  • Options
    smreesmree Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first episode but was hoping they went darker with demon Dean. Really wanted to see him plotting behind Crowleys back to become the new king of hell and having demon minions of his own.

Love the banter between Dean and Crowley. Curious about what Dean did to that guy who kidnapped Sam.

I've no interest in the Heaven and angel storyline. They really should have just had Castiel working with Sam. Also find it funny that they have to include Jared's injury in the storyline :)
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    I think it was Season 8. I had to switch to watching Netflix US to watch Season 9 :(

It seems crazy that this series has no UK channel showing it.

Cheers for info!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to a way to stream season 10???
    XBMC?
    smree wrote: »
    I've no interest in the Heaven and angel storyline. They really should have just had Castiel working with Sam. Also find it funny that they have to include Jared's injury in the storyline :)
    What's the story behind that? I did wonder.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    XBMC?

What's the story behind that? I did wonder.

He injured it wrestling with Osric Chau:blush: Dislocation, if I recall, at a con.
  • Options
    smreesmree Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He injured it wrestling with Osric Chau:blush: Dislocation, if I recall, at a con.

Yeah they were play fighting and Osric brought the moose down :D
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, loved it! Happy to see the boys back again.

I didn't think I'd enjoy seeing a darker side to Dean, but he was fantastic, especially at the end. The new hunter? guy seems pretty interesting too. Hope we learn more about him in the coming episodes, as his wife seems in on it too.

Can't wait for the next episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a good opener too and it's good to have them all back. It will also be interesting to learn who the guy who kidnapped Sam is.