Options

Why do the Beckhams insist on promoting their children?

Comments

• Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I've never claimed that they WILL. I don't know what will happen in the future, but looking at history it wouldn't surprise me if it repeated itself.

What history? Whose history?
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Do you think Brooklyn and Romeo Beckham have been forced to do modelling work or do you think they chose to do it?

Your real problem seems to be a complete jealousy of two young boys who have opportunities to do things you can't.

Oh god, not the jealous card. It isn't even their fault necessarily. I just don't get their parents. They're making them celebrities before they're old enough to choose.

Of course they probably want to do it. Let me think, GCSE's or a photoshoot and get paid a lot of cash. But let's forget that the Beckhams have waffled on about keeping their kids humble, Brooklyn working in a coffee shop etc. It just stinks of double standards when he's then walking around Coachella with a bodyguard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Um. I didn't: You did; I merely responded.

So you didn't write "So did Drew Barrymore, Lindsey Lohan, Mcaulay McCulkin, Amanda Bynes, Britney et all. All talented in their own ways, not reliant on famous parents and all majorly f*cked up." did you not?

All them people you mentioned worked because of a talent. It's a totally different situation to the Beckham kids becoming famous because of their parents when their parents should have the common sense to let them choose what they want to be when they're older.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. As one commenter on the latest Daily Mail Beckham story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3043185/Victoria-Beckham-snaps-Brooklyn-Beckham-Cara-Delevingne-party-glamorous-Burberry-fashion-event.html (one of three and counting today so far) says 'Brooklyn Beckham already slipping into the role currently filled by George Best's son. Move over Calum your time is up.'

I've noticed lately that a lot of UK celebrities request that their childrens' faces are blurred in pap shots, and even though I'm not a big fan of several of these people I have a lot of respect for them for doing that. As has been said already, the young children of celebrities can't choose whether or not they would like their faces to be known to the general public, and should definitely be given the opportunity to stay anonymous and go about their every day lives without being followed by photographers. The Beckhams' kids have plenty of privileges, but that is something they have never been allowed to do.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    Oh god, not the jealous card. It isn't even their fault necessarily. I just don't get their parents. They're making them celebrities before they're old enough to choose.

Of course they probably want to do it. Let me think, GCSE's or a photoshoot and get paid a lot of cash. But let's forget that the Beckhams have waffled on about keeping their kids humble, Brooklyn working in a coffee shop etc. It just stinks of double standards when he's then walking around Coachella with a bodyguard.

Do you have some insider knowledge that Brooklyn isn't doing his GCSE's? He's a 16 year old on half term (I assume) who went to a festival. I'm not quite sure what the issue with that is?
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why celebs take young children to fashion shows as it wouldn't be of much interest to them. Anna Wintour always seems to be surrounded by kids these days;-) North West and Harper Beckham are a bit young IMO but if they are older (like Brooklyn) and actually interested in the show then why not?
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    All them people you mentioned worked because of a talent. It's a totally different situation to the Beckham kids becoming famous because of their parents when their parents should have the common sense to let them choose what they want to be when they're older.

:confused: How have their parents chosen their future careers?

Yes, they're known because of their parents but all their parents have done is give them opportunities to try out things they enjoy. How is that a reason to condemn them?

eg. Romeo is a cute model and seems to really enjoy it for now. But he may decide when he's older that he wants to eg. be a vet or a social worker, and I'm sure his parents will support him just as much in doing that as they will all the career choices their other kids make.

You sound really begrudging.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you didn't write "So did Drew Barrymore, Lindsey Lohan, Mcaulay McCulkin, Amanda Bynes, Britney et all. All talented in their own ways, not reliant on famous parents and all majorly f*cked up." did you not?

But Justin Timberlake and Beyonce chose to be famous because of their TALENT. They weren't famous because of their rich and famous parents.

^ This post preceded mine. You are the one making distinctions between 'child' celebs rendered famous via their own merits and those rendered famous via their own talent.

If anyone becomes 'famous' they are susceptible to the same issues/problems, irrespective of how they 'made it'. Why can't YOU see that?
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    They seem like nice kids and pretty well adjusted considering their very unusual upbringing. They are all very good looking as well, which will only heighten the media interest.

Victoria does seem to be using Brooklyn as almost a fashion accessory in the report linked by the OP though. I guess she is very proud of having a good looking, charismatic kid, but ultimately she is his mother, not his **** hag
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    They were sitting there attentively watching the fashion show and then Harper kissed her dad.

Oh my god, how awful.

Please someone do something about this horrific family!!!!
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed BBB.

To me they seem to be a nice family and the kids seem to have grown into nice people rather than blow all of their Dads fortune and act like they're something special. I don't have a problem with any of them and if people want to take photos of them at an event then so be it.

What's all the outrage about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with the OP. As one commenter on the latest Daily Mail Beckham story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3043185/Victoria-Beckham-snaps-Brooklyn-Beckham-Cara-Delevingne-party-glamorous-Burberry-fashion-event.html (one of three and counting today so far) says 'Brooklyn Beckham already slipping into the role currently filled by George Best's son. Move over Calum your time is up.'

I've noticed lately that a lot of UK celebrities request that their childrens' faces are blurred in pap shots, and even though I'm not a big fan of several of these people I have a lot of respect for them for doing that. As has been said already, the young children of celebrities can't choose whether or not they would like their faces to be known to the general public, and should definitely be given the opportunity to stay anonymous and go about their every day lives without being followed by photographers. The Beckhams' kids have plenty of privileges, but that is something they have never been allowed to do.

Thank you! It's nice to see someone else agree :D
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still agree with you OP!

I'm sure there would be lots of boys out there with less affluent and famous backgrounds like Romeo and Brooklyn who would love to model, I highly doubt the boys had to do much to get the job.

What 3 year old would enjoy watching endless fashion shows?! Ditto the 3 boys.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    lol

The bitterness of some people.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol

The bitterness of some people.

I can't see a problem with the Beckham kids at all....but .now the Kardashian kids....^_^
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were sitting there attentively watching the fashion show and then Harper kissed her dad.

Oh my god, how awful.

Please someone do something about this horrific family!!!!

:D:D:D

A quick glance over Brooklyns Instagram page shows that he seems to very much enjoy the modelling and attending the fashion shows. It also shows that he is very supportive over his parents careers, his Mums especially. I think it is lovely to see.

He posted a short video earlier in which he was describing how he now had 1 million followers, David popped up in the background saying that he had 52 million. To which Brooklyn simply replies 'oh'. It is a sweet and funny little video, and DB brings him back down to earth with his little comment. The fact that Brooklyn still posted the video gives us a little insight into his character and lack of ego IMO.
  • Options
    SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sometimes feels to me that when we have successful people, leading fulfilling lives, someone somewhere says "Oh no, we can't have that. let's bring them down to size"!

So, what have The Beckhams done wrong? Two successful parents who appear to be extremely happy, with 4 lovely children who, whenever you read comments from people who know them or have met them, are apparently very polite, well mannered and pleasant kids. Kids who obviously love their parents to bits. And why?

Because they do things as a family. Yeah a fashion show may not be the most exciting place for them, but how many times do you also see them at sporting events, playing football with their dad, playing in the park, on the beach? The point is you very rarely see either Posh or Becks without at least one of their children. They include them and they obviously love them.

Perhaps one or more of them may go off the rails at some point, but there are lots of kids from ordinary middle and working class families, who have never had a days fame, who do the same thing.
  • Options
    m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant stand it and the daily mail seem to have some sort of unhealthy obsession with them. She was definitely my least favourite spice, atleast the others brought some fire and personality to their crazy performances. Damn even little Emma, who was kinda dull in comparison to Geri and the two Mel's, stood way out next to glum spice. Plus if I remember rightly, she wouldn't have even met Beckham at all if it wasn't for Mel C and her taking misery guts to her first football match (which apparently Victoria hated) bet she's still laughing, she got so lucky

And her brats annoy me too. Especially that little Cruz, with his showing off at their world tour in 07
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m-river wrote: »

And her brats annoy me too. Especially that little Cruz, with his showing off at their world tour in 07

You mean when he was two years old, seriously? How strange to be so annoyed by the two year old child of a celebrity, that you remember it eight years later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »
    I still agree with you OP!

I'm sure there would be lots of boys out there with less affluent and famous backgrounds like Romeo and Brooklyn who would love to model, I highly doubt the boys had to do much to get the job.

What 3 year old would enjoy watching endless fashion shows?! Ditto the 3 boys.

Thank you :D

I just find it ironic that the Beckhams are hailed as good parents yet haven't had the decency and common sense to keep their kids private until they decide if they want to be famous. They haven't given them a choice because using the kids helps their brand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m-river wrote: »
    Cant stand it and the daily mail seem to have some sort of unhealthy obsession with them. She was definitely my least favourite spice, atleast the others brought some fire and personality to their crazy performances. Damn even little Emma, who was kinda dull in comparison to Geri and the two Mel's, stood way out next to glum spice. Plus if I remember rightly, she wouldn't have even met Beckham at all if it wasn't for Mel C and her taking misery guts to her first football match (which apparently Victoria hated) bet she's still laughing, she got so lucky

Wow..it is worth having so much hate for people that really haven't done anything to you,they're easy to ignore if you don't follow their lives,
    And how can a toddler show off that much for you to annoy you like you say:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

A quick glance over Brooklyns Instagram page shows that he seems to very much enjoy the modelling and attending the fashion shows. It also shows that he is very supportive over his parents careers, his Mums especially. I think it is lovely to see.

He posted a short video earlier in which he was describing how he now had 1 million followers, David popped up in the background saying that he had 52 million. To which Brooklyn simply replies 'oh'. It is a sweet and funny little video, and DB brings him back down to earth with his little comment. The fact that Brooklyn still posted the video gives us a little insight into his character and lack of ego IMO.

Oh god yeah, so down to earth comparing how many million followers you have. I'm sure the "ordinary" person will really relate to that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sadeyed wrote: »
    It sometimes feels to me that when we have successful people, leading fulfilling lives, someone somewhere says "Oh no, we can't have that. let's bring them down to size"!

So, what have The Beckhams done wrong? Two successful parents who appear to be extremely happy, with 4 lovely children who, whenever you read comments from people who know them or have met them, are apparently very polite, well mannered and pleasant kids. Kids who obviously love their parents to bits. And why?

Because they do things as a family. Yeah a fashion show may not be the most exciting place for them, but how many times do you also see them at sporting events, playing football with their dad, playing in the park, on the beach? The point is you very rarely see either Posh or Becks without at least one of their children. They include them and they obviously love them.

Perhaps one or more of them may go off the rails at some point, but there are lots of kids from ordinary middle and working class families, who have never had a days fame, who do the same thing.

It's a brand though. Obviously they love each other, but let's not make out it's not a brand. The funniest image I ever saw was a couple of years ago when literally the entire family were walking down a street decked head to toe in Adidas, which shockingly have a deal with David. It was the obvious bit of promotion i've ever seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot understand why 3 kids would bother some people so much when all they are doing is living their lives and going out with their parents??

A bit of perspective needed here I think :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    I cannot understand why 3 kids would bother some people so much when all they are doing is living their lives and going out with their parents??

A bit of perspective needed here I think :)

It's not necessarily about the kids though. It's more about the parents choices. You'd think with the fame they have and some of the sh*t they've had to put up with, they'd have some common sense and give their kids the chance of a normal life. At least until they're at an age where THEY can decide if they want to be famous or not. But of course that wouldn't work for Brand Beckham.