Options

Im assuming its curtains now for The Saturdays?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I don't want them to sound like Girls Aloud either. I just said I want something as good as Girls Aloud's first greatest hits single. Something that sounds new and fresh. All Fired Up was a a Xenomania song and that sounded nothing like Girls Aloud. Whereas Gentleman was non-Xenomania and completely Girls Aloud.

Ah, ok. I get what you are saying.:)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I don't want them to sound like Girls Aloud either. I just said I want something as good as Girls Aloud's first greatest hits single. Something that sounds new and fresh. All Fired Up was a a Xenomania song and that sounded nothing like Girls Aloud. Whereas Gentleman was non-Xenomania and completely Girls Aloud.

All Fired Up was one of their best singles IMO. Why it didn't get to No 1 is beyond me.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    All Fired Up was one of their best singles IMO. Why it didn't get to No 1 is beyond me.

Pixie Lott released her song 'All about tonight', which is a great song, just like 'All fired up' is. If The Saturdays had released the song on a different week, I am sure it would have done well. This is one of the things I like about the group though, they don't always take the easy route and release material when there is tough competition.:)
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree about Disco Love and 30 days. These songs managed top five and top ten, so I do not think it was a mistake to release these songs.

To me, it looks like Gentlemen and My Heart Takes Over were the wrong songs to release as singles, considering they didn't get top ten, or even a number eleven. I do still like Gentlemen though, but cannot stand My Heart Takes Over. What a bland piece of rubbish, this song is.

I personally do not think artists should need number ones constantly. Yes, it may be good for a group or singer, but as long as an artist can get top tens or a number eleven in the charts, then it is all good.:)

The highlighted singles are the only ones of theirs I've liked since Higher. You are right that there is more to artists' talent and success than number 1s. It is quality and total sales that count, not just sales in one week.
    It's all a matter of opinion and personal taste, but I find Disco Love to be one of their weakest singles so far. Not Giving Up would have been a better choice. It would have been a brilliant summer song. I liked My Heart Takes Over but I can see why people don't like it and there were better songs on OYR that could have been released. I thought it was a bit more R&B sounding and sounded like something Jennifer Hudson or Alicia Keys might have released. I might be in a minority but I preferred Gentleman to Disco Love.

I doubt it would be called a Greatest Hits album though. Probably a Singles Collection. I think they should have released a singles collection alongside their latest album for the benefit of casual fans or new fans.

So did I CNBC! As you will have just seen, it is one of my 2 faves of theirs of the last 3 years.
    Pixie Lott released her song 'All about tonight', which is a great song, just like 'All fired up' is. If The Saturdays had released the song on a different week, I am sure it would have done well. This is one of the things I like about the group though, they don't always take the easy route and release material when there is tough competition.:)

I often associated the Saturdays and Pixie Lott together. I even bought CDs of theirs on the same day!:cool:
    May 29th 2010 in case you're curious :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Pixie Lott's song is great too. It's funny that they released their singles together as Pixie was a supporting act for The Saturdays on their first tour in 2009! That's how I got into Pixie's music.
  • Options
    catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like them enough to buy their studio albums but I would definitely buy their Greatest Hits!
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    everyone always says "all fired up" was one of their best songs with one of the worst videos, to me UP was their best and that song alone should have carried them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    everyone always says "all fired up" was one of their best songs with one of the worst videos, to me UP was their best and that song alone should have carried them

Up was my favourite Saturdays song for ages and then All Fired Up came along in 2011 and that quickly became a favourite. I do love both songs though :D I still don't know why Up didn't get No 1 back in 2008.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturdays?

Not my sort of music, but this is "watchable" as no doubt it was intended, "even with the sound muted."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDotUnHm14
  • Options
    Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My problem is that IMO they haven't come close to Up since.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that was stupid. They should have focused on the music and not some reality TV crap. Releasing What About Us in the US first was stupid as well. Why oh why didn't they release Higher with Flo Rida as their US debut?

They should have featured them on CNBC! :eek: :p:D
  • Options
    Zeus555Zeus555 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will only be 'curtains' for them if they don't pull themselves together!
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i got it wrong about them...i thought theyd split/get dropped a long time ago..

tbh i just dont know why they still exist, although im guessing its because they are still making money, enough money to justify their existance.

however, it wouldnt surprise me if they did split next year. babies, 6 years, other committments...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    They should have featured them on CNBC! :eek: :p:D

That would never happen unless they appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon :p Maybe madman Cramer could invite them on Mad Money :D
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are a selfish bunch of silly girls. They don't care about their fans, all they care about is their fellas wage.
    Plus they have no sex appeal anymore since half of them got up the duff and married.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Not Giving Up should have been released as a single instead that dreadful song, Disco Love.
    Not Giving Up is more radio-friendly.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many copies has Living For The Weekend sold so far?