Web browsing - Which phone is best?

*Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi. I'm in need of a new phone as my one is dying a slow death! I currently surf the web using Opera on my Nokia 6300 and I find it very good. I was looking at the Blackberry 8110 but read the web browsing isn't good on that. I was wondering if anyone knew if it's better or worse than the 6300 for that? Any information would be good. Using the net on my phone is important to me, but I don't really want to spend over the £200 mark. Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I love the browsing on my G1, you can pick it up on a £30 a month contract (18 months) for free on T-Mobile
  • Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most fones using opera/mini would be good browsing. I use the INQ1 which is fantastic. 3 id say is the best network for it £5 fos 1gig is the best deal any network does
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Or free on any t-mobile flext tariff. personally id say that was better than paying for it :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Any phone with an operating system will be good, but you need a good browser......Skyfire is a new one and the best http://www.skyfire.com/ it shows full web pages as you would see them on your pc, even shows embedded video's/webcams on ALL sites :D I browse using the O2 xda Ignito 4gb Wi-Fi, GPS, Google maps,( just put Navigon sat nav on it )@ £25 per month 600mins 1000txt incl unlimited internet !! use the online O2 shop its cheaper
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the HTC Touch HD on an Orange contract with the 250Mb per month data bundle. The phone uses Opera and IE and is very clear and easy to use.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Go with blackbery bold but nokia phones are more reliable.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies! :) I might go for the Blackberry. Does anyone have the Nokia e71?
  • andyhargreavesandyhargreaves Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Opera mobile to be really good on any platform.

I have an iPhone now, though, which is also VG.

Andy
  • Chairman MeowChairman Meow Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Having owned an iphone since it came out I can safely vouch for its excellent fullscreen browsing which appears to be streets ahead of any other mobile (including blackberry) I have seen.

Though they should have an option to turn off the accelerometer sensor as it pisses me off when I am lying on my bed...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    HTC Diamond or O2 Ignito has a better screen resolution than the Iphone, so if you like watching movies on the phone.....Divx do a free mobile player on their site, and the Iphone doesnt do embedded video or webcams, dunno if you can put Skyfire on it though, but it failed the test on here..http://www.skyfire.com/product/demo