Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do remember having permanently bruised arms playing with my k-nackers. Also looked like a noob most of the time, as I insisted on going everywhere on my Spacehopper :D

OKAY I HAVE JUST PMSL:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viki_0079 wrote: »
    Hey, just wanted to stop by from the Aiden thread and say a massive CONGRATULATIONS to Matt on his first #1. I'm sure it's the first of many! :D x

thanx vik yr a doll x
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clare123 wrote: »
    Ali.....just let him know to keep an eye on the bottom line. He'll have his own accountant anyway...but let it be a dead smart one who doesn't miss a trick. The deductions can get very high....like the car and bodyguards that drove you to the shops can cost up to serious mega ££. God I sound like a misery guts....only saying as I know how it can go.:o and I want Matt to get long term financial security as well as career satisfaction from the game.

Good advice Clare, maybe daddy Cardle knows a good accountant to check the books.

I remeber reading about E17, they were totally clueless that all the limos and fancy hotels rooms were billed to them and deducted from thier royalties and earnings - they had little left in the end when they split.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I may have got meself in a spot of bother on the MF (sorry but I'm really defensive over Matt, it's terrible. Never been like that with an XF contestant before lol :o:o:o) so if I disappear (hopefully not) but I'm just getting the word out incase I do lol - have a fab Christmas all of you and I'll speak to you soon.

Fingers crossed I'll still be here later :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    If Ali's still about.......pls also convey massive thanks to Matt for 'bending over' (his words in the Sytv interview http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/215563-matt-cardle-i-didnt-want-to-go-down-x-factor-route/ Part 2.
    It must have been the hardest thing he ever did...esp Vestgate week..........but it was a route to the start so to speak.....and those of us who only got to connect due to the XF exposure...well, big thanks.
    What I really hope for is a festival gig next summer..and I will push my way to the front to give a big whoopy cheer.
    Also, to be careful......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Pedsky wrote: »
    OKAY I HAVE JUST PMSL:eek::eek::eek::eek:

*guffaws!* Ooops. It seems they were called 'Ker Knockers'. :o:o

Close :D
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoow about trending #congratsmattchristmasnNo1;)
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    The MF has been really awful this weekend :(
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Grimshaw Aiden Grimshaw
    And I nearly forgot to say let's all make some noise for @Matt_cardle_uk what a legend! Well done G

:)
  • Options
    MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    Think I may have got meself in a spot of bother on the MF (sorry but I'm really defensive over Matt, it's terrible. Never been like that with an XF contestant before lol :o:o:o) so if I disappear (hopefully not) but I'm just getting the word out incase I do lol - have a fab Christmas all of you and I'll speak to you soon.

Don't want you to go too :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Joe taped his the week before and then they kept it for the following week as he didn't make it. They must do cannot imagine them doing it without the number 1 - but not really an expert on it so am only guessing.

How do you know it was 9.22??

I went back and looked at when the first YYYYEEESSSS was!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

tomi what did you do?;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,292
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »
    The MF has been really awful this weekend :(

Evening, what have I missed?
    Got to agree the MF are being very nasty? Any new interviews or news?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    Don't want you to go too :(

I think it's an absolute shame that some of Rebecca's fans can't act as graciously as she did when she lost to Matt last weekend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    No need for disguises! We were driven about London in a blacked out van thingy. Driven right up to the shop doors.

Brilliant!

Wow that very impressive :D You must have felt good travelling around like that.

Aww
    No I had a room of my own. Yeah I'm not sure I could stretch to another night.

Matt and I have shared beds before, but imagine how that mmight have looked! With his new found media attention and all! Ha ha ha

I completely understand why you didn't share Matt's room but its a shame you couldn't as thats what you used to do
    He was quite upset. But it's yesterdays news now.

Matt and all of his brothers are fine. We all went out together last night and had a good time.

I'm sure all the family must have been upset at what that rag printed :( At least the NOTW gave Matt's side of the story today.

Thanks for letting us know that you were all together celebrating last night. I bet it was quite a night :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Good advice Clare, maybe daddy Cardle knows a good accountant to check the books.

I remember reading about E17, they were totally clueless that all the limos and fancy hotels rooms were billed to them and deducted from thier royalties and earnings - they had little left in the end when they split.

My brother did some stuff for them many years back and I still have the signed CD somewhere.....he's still earning really well after all these years but don't know if they are.

All that ''Margiela'' that the stylists put him in costs a shedload unless the PR company lend it for free.....but I don't think Margiela lend for free (like Prada...they even make Madonna pay).

Ads...I have noticed that Syco are farming out their acts for loads of ads. They are worth doing to buy a house though.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    humbug83 wrote: »
    BLESS!! :D:D:D:D

I want to start the following trend on 'twitter
    #congratsmattchristmasno1
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ali would be wonderful if you could get matt to stop by and say hi to us all one evening x
  • Options
    pixiepiepixiepie Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if Matt is still number 1 on itunes?

Looking forward to see if he can hang onto the top spot next week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DenJ wrote: »
    Wow that very impressive :D You must have felt good travelling around like that.

Aww

I completely understand why you didn't share Matt's room but its a shame you couldn't as thats what you used to do

I'm sure all the family must have been upset at what that rag printed :( At least the NOTW gave Matt's side of the story today.

Thanks for letting us know that you were all tog p]

trend to set up

on 'twitter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matt_cardle_uk Its cheese. . But its true. . All of your support has turned my dream into a reality. Right now I'm the happiest ... http://tmi.me/4nmdC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pixiepie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Matt is still number 1 on itunes?

Looking forward to see if he can hang onto the top spot next week

Yes he us way ahead

I want to set up a trend for the following to congratulate Matt

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    I want to start the following trend on 'twitter

done mine