Forecast for start of autumn looks amazing :)

Comments

• CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    17C for London on Friday.

..Good! can finally start going for walks in the park again, haven't been able to do that since April.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whaaat?! You call that good?! That is DISGUSTING weather, I cannot wait for it to drop down to 1 or 2 degree's again, roll on November!
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..Good! can finally start going for walks in the park again, haven't been able to do that since April.

why? we had a long cold winter and spring, the summer didnt start until the end of June!
  • Mitch DiabloMitch Diablo Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    It has been the truly ideal summer :)

If we get an Indian summer too... well that'll be just perfect.

As its September and still hot, then this can be classed as an Indian Summer, but I think a proper Indian Summer is when it has been a shit summer and then suddenly gets hot in September
  • open-armsopen-arms Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    An 'Indian Summer' is a warm spell of weather that occurs after the first frosts.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why? Is there something physically wrong with you?
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First week of September when summer like weather often occurs isn't really an indian summer.
  • QwaarJetQwaarJet Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate heat. Hoping we have a really cold and white winter this year.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems this promise of an Indian Summer was not forthcoming. Winter seemed to appear overnight last week, and the immediate forecast is appalling.

This is taking some getting used to.:(
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strong winds forecast with the possibility of trees being blown down. Not very benign weather.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Strong winds forecast with the possibility of trees being blown down. Not very benign weather.

Lovely! :)
    That's proper autumn weather....although it is still summer till the end of the month.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Temperature up to 28 for London area by Thursday :). So we had a very good summer and maybe this will continue through autumn..... Let's hope so. After last summer and winter we deserve this.
    Woot!

More golf!

Shame I put away my air con units :(
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Woot!

More golf!

Shame I put away my air con units :(

That's not this coming Thursday. Nothing like that this week.
  • open-armsopen-arms Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Seems this promise of an Indian Summer was not forthcoming. Winter seemed to appear overnight last week, and the immediate forecast is appalling.

This is taking some getting used to.:(

Autumn is merely started; it is still way too early to write off an Indian Summer, there is still a possibility of mild/warm spells in October and November. :)
  • goldframedoorgoldframedoor Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    I hate heat. Hoping we have a really cold and white winter this year.
    You must be in the minority to hope that then! :rolleyes:
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    As its September and still hot, then this can be classed as an Indian Summer, but I think a proper Indian Summer is when it has been a shit summer and then suddenly gets hot in September

It doesn't have to follow a poor summer, it is merely an unexpected summery spell in late spetember /october/november after it seems that typical autumn weather has well and truly set in.

In Welsh it is called 'Haf Bach Mihangel' which means St Michael's little summer, so called because it happens around the time of Michaelmas (Sept 29th).

Some hold that it only counts if there has been a frost.

Moreover, I disagree that the (so far) mild September weather can be classed as an indian summer, because it is just a continuation of normal summer. An indian summer happens in contrast to autumnal weather.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    There

was a heatwave in
    October 2011 and another spell of hot weather in March 2012. People
    forget this

The weather doesn't always turn nice when you really want it to.

October 2011 and March 2012 was the wrong time but summers 2011 and 2012
    when you really want the good weather they were miserable.

When we finally got the good weather at the right time this year it was
    too humid, sticky and sultry.

22 or 23 degrees C and 30 to 40% humidity with wall to wall
    sunshine would have been a much more enjoyable July this year than near or over 30 degrees C and 80+% humidity.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1002 and falling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »

Batten down the hatches.All those leaves will act like a big sail and bring them down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    its gonna be wet and windy from tomorrow evening and Monday :( think the warm weather gone now..i have so enjoyed it this year for a change :eek:
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last few days have been awful. It rained yesterday, like the whole day. Non-stop. Even the ducks wanted to come inside it was raining that hard! Hope we get some more sun before the clocks go back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    its gonna be wet and windy from tomorrow evening and Monday :( think the warm weather gone now..i have so enjoyed it this year for a change :eek:

We can't complain.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was 36º here today officially, although the thermometers in the street were reading 43º. Bit odd for winter...
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was 36º here today officially, although the thermometers in the street were reading 43º. Bit odd for winter...

We had 75f max today and was considered mild/cold. Back to the 80's next week.

I prefer UK weather - I'm weird!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    1002 and falling.

999 and falling.It begins.............