George Michael

13»

Comments

• Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »

What a thoroughly unpleasant thing to say.

Agreed, Safi. I am regularly aghast at what some posters say on here. Some of the bile they spout against people they don't know is is unbelievable.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When GM was a teenager he had a weight problem.

I was wondering if he had put on weight and preferred not to be seen which is quite understandable.

I love,love, love GM and hope he is okay.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty well documented that George struggles with depression and maybe he just finds life easier away from the media glare.
    Tbh, unless he's working our got an album to promote, why should we expect him to be seeking publicity?
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It's pretty well documented that George struggles with depression and maybe he just finds life easier away from the media glare.
    Tbh, unless he's working our got an album to promote, why should we expect him to be seeking publicity?

The problem is that many people nowadays think that unless you're in the limelight doing something piontless every two seconds (Like Katie Price, The Kardashians and the whole Essex crew etc), then there must be something wrong with the person concerned. It's impossible for them to conceive that famous people may want some privacy.

'Celebrities' (and I use the term very loosely!) don't seem to fade in and out of the limelight like they used to. They're constantly desperate for people to validate their existence and so are in the press all the bloody time.

George has more talent in a single hair on his head than most of the z-listers put together. As long as he's healthy and happy, just let him be is what I say. :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    They still play his music on radio in the mornings..Heard one this morning..I reckon he's having a rest before he releases new stuff..he does have nice voice, but his songs are boring lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    They still play his music on radio in the mornings..Heard one this morning..I reckon he's having a rest before he releases new stuff..he does have nice voice, but his songs are boring lol

Mum? Is that you? Surely there aren't two people in this world that think his songs are boring?!!! Impossible!
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Mum? Is that you? Surely there aren't two people in this world that think his songs are boring?!!! Impossible!

* raises hand *
  • Options
    Forum Member
    * raises hand *

Be gone with you sir!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 solo albums in 28 years, he isn't productive and I wonder whether he even wants to be in the limelight. (I'm not counting Songs from the last century)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    * raises hand *

May I add overrated? 😸
  • Options
    Forum Member
    May I add overrated? 😸

No you may not! 😡
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you may not! 😡

Whoops,too late! 😸😸
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    4 solo albums in 28 years, he isn't productive and I wonder whether he even wants to be in the limelight. (I'm not counting Songs from the last century)

there's actually six that were released, plus all the unreleased music such as Trojan souls and listen without prejudice vol 2. plus he's put out a number of non album tracks as singles and EP's and stuff under fake names, plus written and produced work for other artists, both released and unreleased. there's a lot more music than some would think or know about

plus he toured a fair bit from the 25 live period onwards, certainly compared to his previous concert schedule

it might not be a lot but quality over quantity is sometimes best

remember of course he also had the court case which affected his music releases for a while
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    My own guess is he struggles with mental health issues and has become a bit of a recluse.

Agree but I also think there is truth to those health rumours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to reports in today's press he has either checked into a Swiss rehab clinic or is just 'spending some time in Europe'. Believe what you will.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to reports in today's press he has either checked into a Swiss rehab clinic or is just 'spending some time in Europe'. Believe what you will.

Whatever he's doing, I wish him well. We can't afford to lose a talent such as his. Good Lord, we'd be stuck with the likes of bloody Kanye whatsisname, and that would be a disaster.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's supposed to be in a Swiss rehab clinic (The Kusnacht Practice) that costs about CHF 72'500 - 100'000 a week, a usual therapy being 2 - 8 weeks :o
  • Options
    TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    Whatever he's doing, I wish him well. We can't afford to lose a talent such as his. Good Lord, we'd be stuck with the likes of bloody Kanye whatsisname, and that would be a disaster.

I completely agree.
    I'm not particularly a fan of his music, but he's had more than his fair share of problems already and you'd have to be truly heartless and lacking in basic human compassion to wish him anything other than well.
  • Options
    CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great memories of the summer 90s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNBj4EV_hAo

Great memories to 80s Primary School Christmas parties. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI
  • Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanzie wrote: »
    I completely agree.
    I'm not particularly a fan of his music, but he's had more than his fair share of problems already and you'd have to be truly heartless and lacking in basic human compassion to wish him anything other than well.

My feelings exactly. Still boggling at some of the seriously cruel comments people think it's their right to make.
  • Options
    Eddie MunsterEddie Munster Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he's ever recovered from losing his mother :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think he's ever recovered from losing his mother :(

I think you're right. Or the love of his life.

Poor George. Fingers crossed he'll come out the other side stronger, healthier and happier.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think George is having problems again if he's in rehab
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Love George, hope he's ok.