Forum Member
    loved him, loved him, loved him

Saw him once at Newmarket Racecourse

He was so small, I was disappointed but

loved him, loved him, loved him

Still do
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    went to see him a couple of years ago at the Hammersmith and he was rubbish, too big headed and gave a really poor performance,spent too much time talking after the break he made all the fans sit down he wanted us all to be quiet,felt so sorry for my friend she was a big fan.
  • dingdongwitchdingdongwitch Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    He was my first crush, I was only 9 ahhhhhhh :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Much preferred The Osmonds:D:D:D
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galaxysue wrote: »

How very dare you!
  • squiggle1012squiggle1012 Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member

Good taste:D
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god!!! I had posters of him on my wall!!!!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he`s 60 today..

certainly makes me feel old..:eek:

He can't be sixty!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    That means I'm old:cry:
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooh yes I remember David Cassidy*sigh*,I had his posters all over my room,feel old? you betcha,he`s only a couple of years older than me!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    ooh yes I remember David Cassidy*sigh*,I had his posters all over my room,feel old? you betcha,he`s only a couple of years older than me!:o
    Did you have the ones from Jackie magazine, the double page ones? Oh I wish I'd kept them, he was so cute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you have the ones from Jackie magazine, the double page ones? Oh I wish I'd kept them, he was so cute.

yup! you couldn`t see the wallpaper for posters,even had them on my ceiling,my dad went nuts:D the Jackie was great for my generation,if I missed an issue then my friends who didn`t like him gave me theirs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ahh! *stifles sob* takes me right back,I had a dansette viva record player and played his albums over and over and over...well you get the drift!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yup! you couldn`t see the wallpaper for posters,even had them on my ceiling,my dad went nuts:D the Jackie was great for my generation,if I missed an issue then my friends who didn`t like him gave me theirs!
    I loved Jackie, Cathy and Claire were the best agony aunts ever.They really understood teenage angst.:D:):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Jackie, Cathy and Claire were the best agony aunts ever.They really understood teenage angst.:D:):D

Me too....

I was always a Donny Osmond girl myself...the poster of him in his floppy purple hat was soooo cute :o (and he's only 52 so I don't feel quite so old!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshMum64 wrote: »
    Me too....

I was always a Donny Osmond girl myself...the poster of him in his floppy purple hat was soooo cute :o (and he's only 52 so I don't feel quite so old!)
    my sister was a Donny fan,we had to fight for space on the walls as we shared a room,my parents were constantly threatening to tear the posters down if we didn`t stop fighting....happy days!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my sister was a Donny fan,we had to fight for space on the walls as we shared a room,my parents were constantly threatening to tear the posters down if we didn`t stop fighting....happy days!:)
    Oooh the Donny fans v the David Cassidy fans in the playground at school - it's all coming back to me now!!!:o
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Could it be Forever ?

Well yes it could have been David if you had only asked me !

My favourite picture of him on my wall was one of him leaning up against a tree. I still have it somewhere.
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This'll make you all feel even older :D

Micky Dolenz out of The Monkees is:-

71 :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh the Donny fans v the David Cassidy fans in the playground at school - it's all coming back to me now!!!:o

...it was the Osmonds fans v the Bay City Rollers fans in my school!

My next door neighbour was a David Cassidy fan & I thought she was so grown up!!

Did anyone else on here have the Osmonds socks with their pictures going down your leg? (showing my age too much here!:o)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tartan18 wrote: »
    This'll make you all feel even older :D

Micky Dolenz out of The Monkees is:-

71 :eek:
    fizzin` jings!!!!:eek: used to like the Monkees too,especially Mike(woolhat)Naismith ;)
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzin` jings!!!!:eek: used to like the Monkees too,especially Mike(woolhat)Naismith ;)

Yes I used to like him. He's only 67

His mother was the inventor of the original Tippex - sold out for millions
    Just another bit of useless information :D Never know when it'll come up in a quiz though !
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshMum64 wrote: »
    ...it was the Osmonds fans v the Bay City Rollers fans in my school!

My next door neighbour was a David Cassidy fan & I thought she was so grown up!!

Did anyone else on here have the Osmonds socks with their pictures going down your leg? (showing my age too much here!:o)

I do remember you could like The Osmonds OR the BCRs, not both, and yet I'm seeing them both in concert in July, but I am only there for The Osmonds..front row too!!
  • alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    went to see him a couple of years ago at the Hammersmith and he was rubbish, too big headed and gave a really poor performance,spent too much time talking after the break he made all the fans sit down he wanted us all to be quiet,felt so sorry for my friend she was a big fan.

My sister and I saw him in Cardiff and you are right he was a bit of a big head, kept talking about how he met John Lennon and jameed with him - did not like us singing along with his songs - I think he just takes himself too seriously to be honest.
    In contrast we had seen Donny Osmond a year or so before and he was just great - really good banter with the audience.