Options

Laura White - The Memories

rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
Forum Member
✭✭
Just saw this again and I had chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNBrrucVDs&feature=related

I don't understand why she should have left so early but good she was great.

And this of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XjoMNf4aA&feature=related

Pure class. I bought her single she released but have never heard anything else from her since is she actually making an album.

Edit: Can I just say that her year was the best year in terms of Talent. I mean Alexandra, JLS, Laura, Ruth, Rachel Hylton

It had its duffers though namely Diana and Eoghan.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    I remember series 5 where she gave a week performance in week 5 and Simon actually told her. Those were the days he was actually honest!

Anyway, apart from that, she was amazing. The week she went, I didn't think Cheryl gave her the right song choice and she paid but she had a fantastic voice.
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura White is my favourite contestant ever.

I really hope her album comes out soon, it keeps getting delayed. I love all the songs she wrote which are on youtube.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never seen anyone look less like a popstar.

Good voice, nothing else. Can't say I miss her, sorry.
  • Options
    GANA66GANA66 Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura is one of the best singers we ever had on X-Factor, but she had a few problem, e.g. diction (it was quite difficult to understand what she sang) styling and performing.
    The 5th week went wrong for her, she had not a real Mariah Carey song (it was a Lionel Ritchie cover), the idea to show versatility by playing a piano was wrong, the oldfashioned styling as well.
    I liked her introducing her first single, she performed better an was in better shape.
    The second single "Radio" planned for spring 2010 was never released.

But I really like her singing, if she's releasing an album I'll buy it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura was fantastic and it as a travesty that she was voted out so early....I believe that cheryl ruined her on the x factor by styling her wrongly and giving her bad advice....As for her diction, the strange thing is that on her pre x factor songs its perfect....if we want to criticise anyone for diction look at Diana vickers, when she performed her new song i thought she was singing it in a different language yet she is dong very nicely in her career thank you.

I think its a crying shame that Laura missed out on the x factor, i really thought she should have won it.....Now it seems that like so many other truly talented individuals she is still struggling for the recognition she deserves. In the meantrime we have to make do with acts with limited talent where image and fanciability are paramount.

Having said that i think Laura was gorgeous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wellard wrote: »
    Laura was fantastic and it as a travesty that she was voted out so early....I believe that cheryl ruined her on the x factor by styling her wrongly and giving her bad advice....As for her diction, the strange thing is that on her pre x factor songs its perfect....if we want to criticise anyone for diction look at Diana vickers, when she performed her new song i thought she was singing it in a different language yet she is dong very nicely in her career thank you.

I think its a crying shame that Laura missed out on the x factor, i really thought she should have won it.....Now it seems that like so many other truly talented individuals she is still struggling for the recognition she deserves. In the meantrime we have to make do with acts with limited talent where image and fanciability are paramount.

Having said that i think Laura was gorgeous!

Well said my friend. She was my winner and I liked Alexandra and I always thought the two of them would have been the final two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    She posted a video message last night on her YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6dBCieDynU .

She released a single last November, it got into the Top 40. She was set to release 'Radio' which was a big up-tempo/club song but cancelled it from release. She has been working the past year on writing music with producers that is her and is returning in 2011.

Can't wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x-xLizx-x wrote: »
    She posted a video message last night on her YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6dBCieDynU .

She released a single last November, it got into the Top 40. She was set to release 'Radio' which was a big up-tempo/club song but cancelled it from release. She has been working the past year on writing music with producers that is her and is returning in 2011.

Can't wait.

Thanks for that. Looking forward to the Album now.
  • Options
    lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite ever contestant,deserves every success.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I loved Laura (I agree with you on something OP, did the sun rise from the west today??:eek:). Her Falling and Somebody Else's Guy performances are amazing, especially Falling. She had an amazing voice and she would've made a brilliant recording artist because her voice is so unique. I was so annoyed when she got eliminated over Ruth (sorry never understood the hype over Ruth, Purple Rain was just shouting IMO, but that's not even the point since they never really went on the sing-off anyway). But overall a very talented year. Laura or Diana should've made the finals too - then it would've been a proper battle. Eoghan had no chance.
  • Options
    SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the way her classmates treated her (particularly when when she had her first period in the gym shower and didn't know why she was bleeding ) was awful and horrible. I don't blame her for burning the school down and killing them all.

EDIT - Oh, wait a minute, I'm thinking of Carrie White. Sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfK8RPz-_Dc

Laura singing First Time at bootcamp, its stunning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tischlampe wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone look less like a popstar.

Good voice, nothing else. Can't say I miss her, sorry.

this.
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    One of my all time favourite contestants, lovely girl and a fantastic voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    How Ruth stayed over Laura i'll never know, she had a gorgeous voice.