I can't stand Kate Middleton

Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
Forum Member
It's nothing personal but I hate the way she's seen as a role model when she's done NOTHING much with herself other than marrying royalty.

People say she has dignity etc but that's crap talk. Any fool can do her nominal duties with a smile....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate her at all. Calling her a "role model" just because she married the future heir to the throne might be pushing the boat out though.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I feel the same about a lot of these Elite/Royal people who haven't exactly worked hard to have all this wealth and I can't understand why they have and this image that millions seem to admire.
  • Logan_ThomasLogan_Thomas Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    If she acted like a lout youd be the first to whine.

Jealous perhaps?

Just ignore her if you dont like her, or complain to the media.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems pleasant enough, a bit nondescript, too neutral if anything

She looks like she could do with a few dinners though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    I don't like her. Neither do I dislike her. She simply lacks the personality for me to have any strong feelings either way.

Lets just hope nobody ****ing kills her. The daily mail will never let us forget it.
  • roniftoronifto Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a royalist by any strectch of the imagination, but the little I know about Kate is this. University graduate, has held down a full time job, kept her dignity with the paparazzi, kept her dignity while dating/not dating Prince William.

Stayed grounded, married a Prince and will no doubt develop over the years into a role model.

Yes, I can see your point OP.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, someone here's kissed the wrong frog.
  • Lain AndrewsLain Andrews Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the most beautiful, stylish woman at the moment....Kate is really PRETTY. I think she's a beautiful girl, :) but the average woman can't afford to look as she does.

But it doesn't matter. Prince William obviously thinks she looks great, and he's a young man who could have chosen from many beautiful women. No one else's opinion matters in the slightest.:p
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    ronifto wrote: »
    I'm not a royalist by any strectch of the imagination, but the little I know about Kate is this. University graduate, has held down a full time job, kept her dignity with the paparazzi, kept her dignity while dating/not dating Prince William.

Stayed grounded, married a Prince and will no doubt develop over the years into a role model.

Yes, I can see your point OP.

Graduating from uni isn't much of a feat considering her upbringing. She's never held a job other than a part time role at her parent's company (token...)

Kate hasn't been tested in life, and never will barring the chance of them splitting up.
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Graduating from uni isn't much of a feat considering her upbringing. She's never held a job other than a part time role at her parent's company (token...).

So it's her fault that her parents made it in life?

http://www.biography.com/people/kate-middleton-542648

Kate's mother founded her own mail-order party goods company, with ambitions of sending her children to private schools. The business was a surprise success,

'As a result of this new-found income, Kate and her siblings didn't want for much. Kate attended exclusive boarding schools, including St. Andrew's Prep School, Down House, and Marlborough College. But her time in boarding school did not come without its conflicts. Kate left the exclusive Down House all-girls boarding school at the age of 13, due to bullying and taunts from other students there. And on her first day at co-ed Marlborough, some particularly mean-spirited boys began rating incoming students based on attractiveness and personality. They gave Kate a two out of 10. Despite the initial setbacks, however, Kate did well in her studies, passing 11 GCSEs and three A-level exams.

In 2001, Middleton became a student at the University of St Andrews in Fife, Scotland—the first in her family to attend college'.

Personally I think she did pretty well considering the above.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'As a result of this new-found income, Kate and her siblings didn't want for much. Kate attended exclusive boarding schools, including St. Andrew's Prep School, Down House, and Marlborough College. But her time in boarding school did not come without its conflicts. Kate left the exclusive Down House all-girls boarding school at the age of 13, due to bullying and taunts from other students there. And on her first day at co-ed Marlborough, some particularly mean-spirited boys began rating incoming students based on attractiveness and personality. They gave Kate a two out of 10. Despite the initial setbacks, however, Kate did well in her studies, passing 11 GCSEs and three A-level exams.

In 2001, Middleton became a student at the University of St Andrews in Fife, Scotland—the first in her family to attend college'.

Jealous, much.

Face the truth, some people are lucky.

You aren't.
    Forum Member
    HenryBane wrote: »
    Jealous, much.

You aren't.

I was defending the girl you fool.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    HenryBane wrote: »
    Jealous, much.

You aren't.

Exlordlucan is on Kate's side... He's not being jealous.
    Forum Member
    I'm not jealous of anybody.

I just can't see how Kate can possibly be a role model. For me, a role model is somebody who has coped with adversity and faced tests in life. Kate doesn't match that criteria. As I've said I don't dislike her personally.

Kate has pretty much towed the line and done nothing courageous worhty of being a role model.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    potatolegs wrote: »
    Exlordlucan is on Kate's side... He's not being jealous.

I read that as a piss-take. A sycophantic romantic illusion.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Can I say meh a million times.
    Forum Member
    A role model are those Russian girls protesting agaisnt injustice whilst risking imprisonment. To think Kate is a role model for her life choices is madness.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

Kate's mother founded her own mail-order party goods company, with ambitions of sending her children to private schools. The business was a surprise success,

Must say, she's gone up in my estimation after reading that.

I never really held it against her that she had an easy life but I just assumed she was one of those aristo's who was just spinning her wheels until she latch onto a suitable politician/businessman/lord to marry.

Lordy, I bet anybody who criticised her attractiveness is kicking themselves now. :D
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

I just can't see how Kate can possibly be a role model. For me, a role model is somebody who has coped with adversity and faced tests in life. Kate doesn't match that criteria. As I've said I don't dislike her personally.

Kate has pretty much towed the line and done nothing courageous worhty of being a role model.

The same could easily have been said about Diana when she was a child minder but she figured out how to leverage her status and get over a million landmines shifted.
    Forum Member

The thing is that she's not putting herself out to be a role model it's the media so if anything you should question them and not her education and upbringing, it's not her fault (it's not even a fault anyway) and for you to say you can't stand her is unfair IMO.

Myself I see no wrong, or even harm, in her being described as one because I'd rather young girls aspire to be like her than some of the creatures they follow today.
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Must say, she's gone up in my estimation after reading that.

I never really held it against her that she had an easy life but I just assumed she was one of those aristo's who was just spinning her wheels until she latch onto a suitable politician/businessman/lord to marry.

Lordy, I bet anybody who criticised her attractiveness is kicking themselves now. :D

I bet they are too, I know i would be if I were one of them :D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, she seems really friendly and nice
    she also very pretty and always looks lovely
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nothing personal but I hate the way she's seen as a role model when she's done NOTHING much with herself other than marrying royalty.

People say she has dignity etc but that's crap talk. Any fool can do her nominal duties with a smile....

Her public 'role' only began once she married Prince William.

I think she's doing okay. As long as she turns up to what she's meant to, smiles and looks happy and is interested in being there and manages to support a few charities then she's fulfilling her role.

I'd make a show of myself in her position. I'm sure I'd throw the odd few strops and be caught on camera doing so. I'd look awful in pictures and probably be caught picking my nose or scratching me bum - totally undignified. I'd probably make an off-the-cuff remark about someone and it would be picked up by the microphones and would cause an international public relations disaster. I certainly couldn't smile and continuously look as though I'm in love with my husband (I'd feel the need to be sectioned).

All in all I do think it's hard to have her role and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. So to do it with dignity, calmness and patience is a pretty good effort. Especially as you know most of the camera people there live in hope of her doing something wrong. So she is a good role model in that respect, in my opinion.

I'm not a Royalist I'll add.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? Seems a nice lady to me.
    Forum Member
    The thing is that she's not putting herself out to be a role model it's the media so if anything you should question them and not her education and upbringing, it's not her fault (it's not even a fault anyway) and for you to say you can't stand her is unfair IMO.

Myself I see no wrong, or even harm, in her being described as one because I'd rather young girls aspire to be like her than some of the creatures they follow today.

You'd rather young girls aspire to marry into wealth?

Kate is a very shrewd operator.