Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had to quote these beautiful words. For me, this scene is almost more important than the final scene - Zainab unwittingly giving voice to how Syed feels about Christian, seeing the realisation and decision slowly dawning in his eyes, and then him saying goodbye to his family, everything he has known, to walk out the door with nothing because he can't deny who he really is any longer. I could write pages and pages and pages about this scene.

“Because it is destined Syed. Because everything that we have been through, everything has brought us to where we are now. You were never meant to be with Amira, I understand that now. Everything happens for a reason, even if we don’t know what it is. All this, it was meant to be.”
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching. That little touch on the small of Christian's back gets me even now. :cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    Just finished :D

So lovely, and I still don't notice the train, never do. Too busy waiting for the arm around Syed's shoulder. :) I love that walk off down the market at the end. So lovely how it was echoed in their final ever scene, love Pete for remembering that!

I've not watched in a long time....really like the little scene 'treat yourself' - Christian is so hurt and sarcastic and bitter. Angst but good angst, and totally realistic given everything that had gone on. Totally forgot this was the introduction of 'Abs-Acadabra' as well! :p So funny. And Jane sticking up for her brother, those were the days.....:p

Do love the pivotal scene in the kitchen when it finally all falls into place for Syed, and he has that lightbulb moment, of realising that he must accept himself, that he can be both things. Good and clever use of the idea of Zainab saying 'all this, it was meant to be'. :)

So sad that what Zainab and Masood are proud of is him living a lie, when he's about to do something really brave.

Love Mama Mia is playing in the background when Syed goes up to Christian outside the pub.....don't think I've ever noticed that before?

Really good, really enjoyed watching that. :)
    Great post :) I never notice the train either, even when I made a point of watching it just to see the train I always end up being distracted by the gorgeousness of it all :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness!!

Hello lovelies, Thank You for all your posts, I've really enjoyed them.

Just watched the two NHB interviews!

What a lovely man! and so thoughtful. So lovely to see and hear all the things he said!! -Not even sure where to begin.

'Feeling a little bit overwhelmed, truth be told.'

Ok, so I cried at the "Actually, it's really simple bit" (in a good way).

And I had such a big happy, grin plastered across my face after watching part 2. (& I was so nervous to see part 3, but it's such a relief to hear his impressions of *cough* chime with ours!). Fingers-crossed for Part 4, ooh.

Kudos to Alex and Mercs for how you designed and conducted the interview so respectfully and effectively, great job I thought! And thank you to Dessie for all the editing too. Thank you all SO much for doing all this. Amazing. Great to hear the extras you posted about yours and his reactions too, lol.

Thank you very much Nick Hicks-Beach! :). Such a lovely man -bears repeating I feel. So much lovely content about MQ and Reunion, just beautiful!

Right, cup of tea, chocolate biscuits, Chryed and Chryedians... :). x
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching. That little touch on the small of Christian's back gets me even now. :cry::cry:

That is sweet. It's so hesitant, and Christian immediately responds to it.

I never really liked that they walked off with their arms around each other like that- seemed a bit blokey instead of romantic (I got used to it when they started doing it every time they were out in public together, lol, and it grew on me). So I REALLY liked that the reunion parallel scene in their exit episode had them holding hands instead. Obviously just personal preference.
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Great post :) I never notice the train either, even when I made a point of watching it just to see the train I always end up being distracted by the gorgeousness of it all :D

To this day, I've never seen an orange bucket in perfect moment. :sleep:

edit: did anyone ever do a GIF set showing parallels between reunion and exit eps? I want to do that now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meg_icy wrote: »
    Oh my goodness!!

What a lovely man! and so thoughtful. So lovely to see and hear all the things he said!! -Not even sure where to begin.

And I had such a big happy, grin plastered across my face after watching part 2. (& I was so nervous to see part 3, but it's such a relief to hear his impressions of *cough* chime with ours!). Fingers-crossed for Part 4, ooh.

Kudos to Alex and Mercs for how you designed and conducted the interview so respectfully and effectively, great job I thought! And thank you to Dessie for all the editing too. Thank you all SO much for doing all this. Amazing. Great to hear the extras you posted about yours and his reactions too, lol.

Thank you very much Nick Hicks-Beach! :). Such a lovely man -bears repeating I feel -_-. So much lovely content about MQ and Reunion, just beautiful!

Sounds like a plan. :D
  • Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    ardchoile wrote: »
    Red towel pics will always be a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

ALWAYS!!!
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    God I love this little speech from Zainab.

"All this, it was meant to be."

I have just got all choked up. Because this is how I feel about this fandom.

((hugs))

crazysusan wrote: »
    Thank you so very much for these interviews, NBH is an adorable, thoughtful, intelligent man and writer. He really gave such an articulate and generous interview. Lovely man.

I have never thought Syed was weak, damaged and screwed up at times definately.

I loved so much that he hated the introduction of DTW, and was happy you lovely people made him realise that no one, even the great bard himself could have made this story arc make sense.

I feel privileged that he took the time to speak and I enjoyed it so very much...he is lovely and I want to thank him for the reunion episode, their reunion and how it played was how I felt it should run and he wrote one of my most adored episodes and I love him for it. I agree it could have run better, but I felt what we had was beautiful, in character and superbly written.

he hated DTW.....what a bloody star that man is:D

crazysusan I'd have to BIB your whole post. Love how you said it all..fabulous words.... xxx

Just had to quote these beautiful words. For me, this scene is almost more important than the final scene - Zainab unwittingly giving voice to how Syed feels about Christian, seeing the realisation and decision slowly dawning in his eyes, and then him saying goodbye to his family, everything he has known, to walk out the door with nothing because he can't deny who he really is any longer. I could write pages and pages and pages about this scene.

“Because it is destined Syed. Because everything that we have been through, everything has brought us to where we are now. You were never meant to be with Amira, I understand that now. Everything happens for a reason, even if we don’t know what it is. All this, it was meant to be.”

Thank you Alex for quoting this and for your explanation....pages and pages would be good....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness!!

Thank you very much Nick Hicks-Beach! :). Such a lovely man -bears repeating I feel -_-. So much lovely content about MQ and Reunion, just beautiful!

Hello! *waves* :)
    Like to second the kudos to Alex, Mercs and Dessie for a great job. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kqv wrote: »
    Thank you Alex for quoting this and for your explanation....pages and pages would be good....:)

You asked for it! :)
    I guess this is as good a time as any.
    I'm gonna blitz that scene with textual analysis!
    Brace yourselves...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness!!

meg_icy Fantastic post...I'd have to BIB the whole thing, too....:)
    That is sweet. It's so hesitant, and Christian immediately responds to it......

Exactly!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is sweet. It's so hesitant, and Christian immediately responds to it.

I never really liked that they walked off with their arms around each other like that- seemed a bit blokey instead of romantic (I got used to it when they started doing it every time they were out in public together, lol, and it grew on me). So I REALLY liked that the reunion parallel scene in their exit episode had them holding hands instead. Obviously just personal preference.

To this day, I've never seen an orange bucket in perfect moment. :sleep:

It's like that's all it takes, a little touch, a pull on his heart and he can't fail to respond, despite everything.
    What orange bucket?!!???? :eek::sleep:
    I love the train. Trains cost money to put on. Chryed deserved a train.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ((Hugs)) : ) : ) : ) : ) :
    Because I was always superstitious, there is no way I can sign off without saying.....

Love is Prevailing. xxx : D
    This is so weird - going out for the evening and then having pages of thread to catch up on. I can't think of a good analogy - like something you used to do all the time, then stopped doing for a year, then went back to doing and it should be odd, but it's like the most natural thing in the world, but also a bit unfamiliar. I'm sure you are all feeling it too. : )
    I'm off to get some lunch, but I thought I'd leave you with this.
    It's some New Chryed Fic!
    Although I'm posting it, I didn't write it. It was a birthday present from Lyra500, who has given me permission to share it with you all. Here it is! : )
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    All this talking of missed opportunities has led me to this creation.
    This is still one of the best things ever. And I mean ever.

Absolute 100%, spot-on genius.
    When Nick said he didn't like the DTW storyline, Mercs and I made silent 'YES!' gestures from behind the camera. :D
    Dessie wrote: »
    Ha, silent on that bit yes - but I really wanted to include the bit where Mercs first brings it up and you say "this is the bit where I stick my fingers in my ears and go lalala, it Did Not Happen..." and he's all like "yeah, totally with you on that one" - and I couldn't because you and Mercs were whooping and cheering too loudly. :p Managed to get a bit of it in, but his facial expressions are hilarious...

Ditto! But I think the girls did lots of reassuring him at the time that the writing was good and, as mt put it, Shakespeare himself couldn't have made anyone buy it at that point. I had to cut a lot out as everyone was talking over each other (and it was a bit repetitive too), but I'm sure he would have known he's not blamed in any way!
    God I love this little speech from Zainab.

"All this, it was meant to be."

I have just got all choked up. Because this is how I feel about this fandom.
    Wow. I am proper crying now. Good tears. I haven't watched it in so long, and it's just so beautiful.
    rome81 wrote: »
    Anyone in the mood for more fic?

If so, here's the new chapter of BTTB : )

Had to post one this weekend, didn't I : D

BTTB chapter 45

Hope you enjoy : )

Just finished watching. That little touch on the small of Christian's back gets me even now. : cry:: cry:

*Catchup* (/inadequate catchup).

Loving these posts and more, thank you all!

And thank you for the new fics Lyra, Mushroom Hair, and Rome, fabulous, so looking fwd to reading them!
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww reunion <3<3<3 That whole end bit is just beautiful. I remember being really pissed off when we found out there wasn't a kiss but it actually worked perfectly the way it was done. And of course they more than made up for it with the "other talents" kiss in the following episode :D

I will NEVER forget the great reaction to Other Talents airing. So good! :D Perhaps we can watch that next as no-one did earlier.....

"What do you believe in, Syeeeed?"

That for me is the key line. Gets him thinking. Not about what other people want, or what other people believe, or what he SHOULD do, but for once someone asking him directly what Syed himself actually believes

And we all know what conclusion he came to... :)

Yes I really like that bit too. And damn brilliant delivery from Laurie Brett there, pitched it just right!
    Thank you so very much for these interviews, NBH is an adorable, thoughtful, intelligent man and writer. He really gave such an articulate and generous interview. Lovely man.

I loved so much that he hated the introduction of DTW, and was happy you lovely people made him realise that no one, even the great bard himself could have made this story arc make sense.

I feel privileged that he took the time to speak and I enjoyed it so very much...he is lovely and I want to thank him for the reunion episode, their reunion and how it played was how I felt it should run and he wrote one of my most adored episodes and I love him for it. I agree it could have run better, but I felt what we had was beautiful, in character and superbly written.

Lovely post! So nice to see you here. :)

BIB 1 - I did wince at the word weak, but I think this was a rushed choice of word, and indeed what he followed it up with, describing Syed as able to convince himself of things no matter how unlikely, this is what he was trying to get at. I think I'd use the phrase, 'good at deluding himself' because to me what he actually had was a kind of strength, but it was a misguided strength, he was able to put himself last, because he believed he had to deny his sexuality. But for me it went deeper than that, he geniunely believed he could change himself as an act of will, which is what all those in denial of their sexuality do. Much more complex than simply lying to others, but it's difficult to make people understand this. eta (I don't mean us, I know we all get it) :p Of course this is also how he was able to rationalise marrying Amira, as he didn't willingly do her wrong, he believed he could and would be ok. Sorry, gone off on a tangent.

BIB 2 Lovely words, beautiful post. And totally in character, I agree. Forgotten how good it was!

I always thought the stringy meat line referred to Amira, with her being so skinny, thought it was a play on words of some kind, with Christian being the real meat. :p Clearly not but I still see it that way!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

All this Susan, perfect, thank you! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Oh, my, I love this episode so much. Always watch just the 10 min. Chryed clip, not the entire ep. I love how Mas and Zee obviously know, even in the kitchen, before they see that Tam has the Qur`an meant for Syed, that something is about to happen. The looks on their faces when he kisses them and tells them how much he loves them and then leaves the room, they must know.

Love the stringy beef references, it`s such a great running gag. I think Nick said they cut a scene- that would make sense- because Syed says something to Christian about not being able to go on hearing about good hips and stringy beef, and up to that point I don`t recall anything being said about hips! lol

The first time I saw the final scene, I was totally blown away by ``Let`s go home`` and by the fact that they gave them JT, even though they weren`t leaving. Just perfect. I think it`s probably my fave Chryed scene ever, or at least in the top three. Sigh......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's like that's all it takes, a little touch, a pull on his heart and he can't fail to respond, despite everything.
    What orange bucket?!!???? :eek::sleep:
    I love the train. Trains cost money to put on. Chryed deserved a train.
    Lol yeah, I love the fact that they got a train, even if I never notice it's there, it's one of those special EE "things", like Julia's Theme :) And of course the train is a metaphor for their journey...and other stuff :sleep::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will NEVER forget the great reaction to Other Talents airing. So good! :D Perhaps we can watch that next as no-one did earlier.....

Yes I really like that bit too. And damn brilliant delivery from Laurie Brett there, pitched it just right!

BIB 1 - I did wince at the word weak, but I think this was a rushed choice of word, and indeed what he followed it up with, describing Syed as able to convince himself of things no matter how unlikely, this is what he was trying to get at. I think I'd use the phrase, 'good at deluding himself' because to me what he actually had was a kind of strength, but it was a misguided strength, he was able to put himself last, because he believed he had to deny his sexuality. But for me it went deeper than that, he geniunely believed he could change himself as an act of will, which is what all those in denial of their sexuality do. Much more complex than simply lying to others, but it's difficult to make people understand this. Of course this is also how he was able to rationalise marrying Amira, as he didn't willingly do her wrong, he believed he could and would be ok. Sorry, gone off on a tangent.

BIB 2 Lovely words.

I always thought the stringy meat line referred to Amira, with her being so skinny, thought it was a play on words of some kind, with Christian being the real meat. :p Clearly not but I still see it that way!

:D:D It should be!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB 1 - I did wince at the word weak, but I think this was a rushed choice of word, and indeed what he followed it up with, describing Syed as able to convince himself of things no matter how unlikely, this is what he was trying to get at. I think I'd use the phrase, 'good at deluding himself' because to me what he actually had was a kind of strength, but it was a misguided strength, he was able to put himself last, because he believed he had to deny his sexuality. But for me it went deeper than that, he geniunely believed he could change himself as an act of will, which is what all those in denial of their sexuality do. Much more complex than simply lying to others, but it's difficult to make people understand this. Of course this is also how he was able to rationalise marrying Amira, as he didn't willingly do her wrong, he believed he could and would be ok. Sorry, gone off on a tangent.

BIB 2 Lovely words.

I always thought the stringy meat line referred to Amira, with her being so skinny, thought it was a play on words of some kind, with Christian being the real meat. :p Clearly not but I still see it that way!

I understand 'weak'. But I don't think it's always a flaw. I wouldn't necessarily use the word 'weak', but he is very malleable when it comes to the wishes of the people he cares about. All he wants is to make his loved ones happy- all of them. When it's impossible to make them all happy because they all want different things, he becomes really flip-floppy and indecisive because he doesn't want to hurt anyone. Instead of going 'okay, I can't make everyone happy, I should do what I think is right and make at least myself and some of them happy', he goes 'I know it's impossible, but I'm going to try and make everyone happy, but the only way I can do that is lying, so...' So I understand where 'weak' comes from, but it does come from Syed's good nature.

BiB: This made me laugh so much, thank you! :D It is pretty hilarious how Syed's type is clearly super masculine, confident/arrogant with male swagger types, and then Amira is femininity defined (appearance-wise).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Z: Bushra’s got a good eye, she’ll find someone for you.

So, firstly, it's all about Bushra. It was interesting what Nick said about using the 'stringy meat' thing as a metaphor for something bigger - Bushra's control over Syed's life, a symbol of the community expectations. Even more importantly, Bushra has a 'good eye' - this refers back to the MQ fight, where it was all about papering over the cracks, keeping up the charade, if no-one looks 'too closely'. Bushra isn't looking at Syed, she's looking at potential wives. Who he is and what he wants doesn't matter. The community will choose someone who fits the expected image of what he should want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol yeah, I love the fact that they got a train, even if I never notice it's there, it's one of those special EE "things", like Julia's Theme :) And of course the train is a metaphor for their journey...and other stuff :sleep ::p

:D:D Oh yes .:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol yeah, I love the fact that they got a train, even if I never notice it's there, it's one of those special EE "things", like Julia's Theme :) And of course the train is a metaphor for their journey...and other stuff :sleep::p

Ways to Allude to Chryed Sex

Bonus category, brought to you by JN

"I always thought the scene in the cafe during blackmail plot, when Christian says "delivery in fifteen minutes" before he leaves, was some sort of code."

"I'm convinced Christian giving Syed the flowers in the Vic and Syed snatching them away from Roxy was some sort of metaphor for Roxy wanting sex with Christian but Syed being the one who gets it"

"CGI train couldn't be more obvious "

"And the scene in RnR during surrogacy where they've obviously just had sex on the sofa (even if they are fully clothed)"

"Don't get me started on the symbolism of their hands grappling with the chutney jar and its contents spilling all over Christian's chest..."

:sleep::sleep::sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member

BIB 1 - I did wince at the word weak, but I think this was a rushed choice of word, and indeed what he followed it up with, describing Syed as able to convince himself of things no matter how unlikely, this is what he was trying to get at. I think I'd use the phrase, 'good at deluding himself' because to me what he actually had was a kind of strength, but it was a misguided strength, he was able to put himself last, because he believed he had to deny his sexuality. But for me it went deeper than that, he geniunely believed he could change himself as an act of will, which is what all those in denial of their sexuality do. Much more complex than simply lying to others, but it's difficult to make people understand this. eta (I don't mean us, I know we all get it) :p Of course this is also how he was able to rationalise marrying Amira, as he didn't willingly do her wrong, he believed he could and would be ok. Sorry, gone off on a tangent.

BIB 2 Lovely words, beautiful post. And totally in character, I agree. Forgotten how good it was!

I always thought the stringy meat line referred to Amira, with her being so skinny, thought it was a play on words of some kind, with Christian being the real meat. :p Clearly not but I still see it that way!:D
    I never thought of it that way but I like your thinking:D And of course Syed is looking straight at Christian when Zainab says that line about needing a good cut of beef, which reminds me of the "easy tiger" scene, with Christian's line about his body being a temple and "100% organic prime beef" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

BIB: Excellent tangent!
    Mudsie wrote: »
    Oh, my, I love this episode so much. Always watch just the 10 min. Chryed clip, not the entire ep. I love how Mas and Zee obviously know, even in the kitchen, before they see that Tam has the Qur`an meant for Syed, that something is about to happen. The looks on their faces when he kisses them and tells them how much he loves them and then leaves the room, they must know.

Love the stringy beef references, it`s such a great running gag. I think Nick said they cut a scene- that would make sense- because Syed says something to Christian about not being able to go on hearing about good hips and stringy beef, and up to that point I don`t recall anything being said about hips! lol

The first time I saw the final scene, I was totally blown away by ``Let`s go home`` and by the fact that they gave them JT, even though they weren`t leaving. Just perfect. I think it`s probably my fave Chryed scene ever, or at least in the top three. Sigh......

Mudsie BIB: Just love that that scene so much...yeah, they knew something....

I've never noticed the train! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your comment kqv

perfect summary Star, Syed was indeed perfect at deluding himself, his way of protecting himself and dong what he felt was right...he never willingly did wrong to anyone....
    All this Susan, perfect, thank you! :D

thank you xx
    I understand 'weak'. But I don't think it's always a flaw. I wouldn't necessarily use the word 'weak', but he is very malleable when it comes to the wishes of the people he cares about. All he wants is to make his loved ones happy- all of them. When it's impossible to make them all happy because they all want different things, he becomes really flip-floppy and indecisive because he doesn't want to hurt anyone. Instead of going 'okay, I can't make everyone happy, I should do what I think is right and make at least myself and some of them happy', he goes 'I know it's impossible, but I'm going to try and make everyone happy, but the only way I can do that is lying, so...' So I understand where 'weak' comes from, but it does come from Syed's good nature.

BiB: This made me laugh so much, thank you! :D It is pretty hilarious how Syed's type is clearly super masculine, confident/arrogant with male swagger types, and then Amira is femininity defined (appearance-wise).

Syed biggest mistake was always putting others first definitely......

oh yes...Syed definitely likes them super masculine....even if he deludes himself into thinking its all about the personality lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me neither :sleep : : D

*Lost for words*...:D:D
    Sounds like a plan. :D

Definitely! Thanks Alex :) x
    Hello! *waves* :)
    Like to second the kudos to Alex, Mercs and Dessie for a great job. :)

Hello MH, great to see you here! And thank you very much :) x
    meg_icy Fantastic post...I'd have to BIB the whole thing, too....:)

Thanks so much Kathy! :) x
    ...because to me what he actually had was a kind of strength, but it was a misguided strength, he was able to put himself last, because he believed he had to deny his sexuality. But for me it went deeper than that, he geniunely believed he could change himself as an act of will, which is what all those in denial of their sexuality do. Much more complex than simply lying to others, but it's difficult to make people understand this. eta (I don't mean us, I know we all get it) :p Of course this is also how he was able to rationalise marrying Amira, as he didn't willingly do her wrong, he believed he could and would be ok. Sorry, gone off on a tangent.

Interesting post, thank you Starfish x