Options

Week 11 - Five Thoughts

Comments

• Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    But would an extra week have made any difference to Susanna & Kevin's performance do you think? I imagine it'd have been much the same :(

TBH it needs AT trainers to come and show everyone including the judges how to do an AT.
  • Options
    anotherBBWLisaanotherBBWLisa Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    1 Claudia on form tonight
    2 The joke "strops" as they were eliminated in the swingathon backfired - many people have taken these seriously
    3 Not feeling the love with Patrick's rumba, for an actor I find his ability to convey the correct expression in the face when dancing quite baffling
    4 Len right to criticise but wrong to be so darned personal?
    5 Not a Susanna/Kevin fan at all, but nonetheless felt the swingathon was unfair to them - they'd hardly got onto the main floor - was this because the judges had been told to speed things up?
  • Options
    ilikespoilersilikespoilers Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    1) that was one of THE worst Argentine Tangos ever

2) Love Claudia and Tess presenting

3) Missed Mark

4) loved Abbey and Aljaz

5) more armography and swooshing from Artem - getting boring now

These would be my 5 too but also would like to sneak in a 6th

6) please will Sophie connect with Brendan and the dance, she always has a vacant expression on her face to me!
  • Options
    catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who on earth chooses the music? They should be sacked
    Claudia looked like a scarecrow
    Len was a real misery and unnecessarily rude to Natalie
    Darcey should go
    Why can't Tess say Ola's name right after so many years?
  • Options
    PhalarisPhalaris Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Len, dear Len, please learn the difference between random gushing and constructive criticism.

2. Len, dear Len, being rude does not equal constructive.

3. Swingathing so rushed it was impossible to tell what was going on.

4. Really like all the couples left and wish them well. Don't mind who wins, but would feel slightly cheated if Susanna survives over Abbey or Natalie who are blatantly better.

5. Music choices are getting beyond bizarre.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    1. I'd say this is the week Sophie has had her performance breakthrough - her Tango was a very pleasant surprise. :)

2. I usually defend Artem's wafty Ballroom choreography, but that was a pretty poor routine tonight. Although Len was very harsh, I completely agreed with what he said. ;-)

3. Abbey's Viennese Waltz was absolutely stunning and I thought she was vastly overmarked last week. In my opinion, it deserved at least one more 10. :blush:

4. Susanna's Argentine Tango was car-crash television at its best, you have no idea how fun it is to watch it on YouTube again. :D

5. Who will go? I don't have a clue. :o

I watched it once through my fingers it was so embarrassing - I don't think I could watch it again - and what's with the Widow Twanky /Pantomine Dame make-up? - it didn't add to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *bump
  • Options
    Sally Mander2Sally Mander2 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I thought more credit should have been given to the amateur male leads performing lifts and who weren't called Patrick.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Bum the colour & horizontal hold on my TV has broken. Abbeys short green dress looked long & white.

2. BBC don't ever ever do that swingathingy again. Leaving alone all the score manipulation, it was not good TV we couldn't see anything.

3. Darcey I love you but come on first 10 for a male Rumba for that really ?

4. So that's every couple now lumbered with totally inappropriate music for their dance this series can we try to improve now

5. Are Natalie & Artem allergic to each other. What a massive let down, it could have been spectacular & we got another dance with wafting & if they do another dance where all they do is pass behind each other I will scream.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.len was unnecessarily nasty to Natalie. There may have been too much out of. Hold for him but it was still fabulous to watch and she danced it beautifully
    2. That music, that Argentine tango!! Arrgh!!awful.
    3.Great to have Claudia presenting with Tess again :)
    4. After seeing the swingathon I really wish we had gotten to see Natalie and Artems jive! Deserved winners of the swingathon
    5. I hate the way Brendan refers to Sophie as 'this girl'!
  • Options
    Mr McGoldrickMr McGoldrick Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Brendan is so much more balanced these days. Whilst he still has a chip on one shoulder, he now has a wet fish to carry around on he other!
    2. We all know that if Abby had danced Natalies Tango she would have scored a TENFROMLEN and not had to endure he tedious prepared lecture that Natalie did.
    3. Patrick did well to finish second in the Swingathon, as he clearly had his shoes on the wrong feet, or could this pathetic time-filler be just a cynical points changer - ooh theres a thought!
    4. All this talk about a "dance being lost in a performance". Whatever next - a Salsa to Saturday Night Fever, now that would be shite!
    5. The more I see of Claudia Winkelman the more I hate Zoe Ball.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Natalie and Artem were great in the swingathon as were the worthy winners and it also made me really want to see their jive
    2. Ashley and Ola salsa was awesome and deserved higher marks
    3. Len is getting on my nerves can he please go
    4. For the first time I actually liked Abbey dance
    5. Disappointed by Susannas AT
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Brendan is so much more balanced these days. Whilst he still has a chip on one shoulder, he now has a wet fish to carry around on he other!
    2. We all know that if Abby had danced Natalies Tango she would have scored a TENFROMLEN and not had to endure he tedious prepared lecture that Natalie did.
    3. Patrick did well to finish second in the Swingathon, as he clearly had his shoes on the wrong feet, or could this pathetic time-filler be just a cynical points changer - ooh theres a thought!
    4. All this talk about a "dance being lost in a performance". Whatever next - a Salsa to Saturday Night Fever, now that would be shite!
    5. The more I see of Claudia Winkelman the more I hate Zoe Ball.

I doff my hat. Those are hilarious. I particulary adore number 3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Brendan's choreography once again - genius.
    2. Artem's choreography once again - letting Natalie down.
    3. Susanna ... (Need I say more?)
    4. If Patrick is able to finish 2nd in the swingathon then I'm going to enter myself into a professional wrestling competition.
    5. Abbey's VW was nice, but very stoppy starty.
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    1. I felt last night was underwhelming dances, awful judging, lovely Claudia. I can't imagine how much I'd have not enjoyed last night without Claudia. I wish she did the show all the time.
    2. My favourite dance was Sophie's tango. In a rather lacklustre evening it was the only one I enjoyed. I know I'm in a minority but I get more joy of dance from her than from several others.
    3. Len was simply unpleasant, to Natalie and to the other judges. I dread to think how he's going to be in the results show.
    4. The swingathon was a mess. The complaining as they went off was obviously what they'd been told to do, whoever told them to do it is an idiot, and I really admired Abbey for seeming to be the only one who had the sense not to do it.
    5. I miss Mark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    1. The first time I've been able to watch the show live for a few weeks thanks to other commitments and all I get is rubbish :(
    2. Susanna's AT was hair-raisingly awful.
    3. Len should not make personal remarks to Natalie or anyone else - it's rude.
    4. The swingathon was a waste of space.
    5. Come back Mark, all is forgiven.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Another thought
    6. Claudia, grow up!!
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Len was so mean to Natalie. Suprised she remains so gracious when he rants.
    Worse AT ever.
    Patrick doesn't do it for me.
    Abbey danced well but she does get crowd pleasing numbers and nice frocks.
    Asley seems to get a raw deal but not progammes fault if he can't train.
  • Options
    renziirenzii Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Sometimes 5 are not enough...

6) Music choices again dreadful. Interesting to hear Russell on ITT saying how he and Flavia spent ages picking their music (possibly from options). Has that choice now been removed because it's hard to imagine anyone picking some of these song choices willingly?

7) Do the judges compliment Brendan's choreography to try to keep him from exploding when they consistently undermark Sophie? Which said, his choreo has been exquisite, for all I loved the irony of his making Sophie the expressionless dummy that so many people here (not me) criticise her for being!

8) Awesome lifts and tricks in Ashey;s routine, sadly unappreciated by the scoring. That said, if you have a dance where hip action is critical, WHY WEAR A SHIRT THAT HIDES YOUR HIPS? What wasn't somebody thinking?

9) Hate the swingathon. It's just an excuse for the judges to assist their favourites without having to justify their scoring.

10) Tess - shall we start calling you Tez or Teese? It's Olla, not Oh-la. For goodness sake, how hard can it be?

I think Ola was thinking, 'If the damn man won't get the correct hip action... or any at all, best I hide the lack thereof with a loose shirt!'
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Mark is missing, where's the entertainment?

2) Are Natalie and Artem ever going to do a real dance instead of wafting around each other? Wasn't that the same dance they did as a Viennese Waltz a few weeks ago?

3) Music! Will someone please explain to whoever chooses the music that it has to be suitable for the dance, just any old track will not do.

4) Why am I finding this series increasingly boring? Is it because all the characters have gone?

5)...Meh.
  • Options
    brotonsbabybrotonsbaby Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Who do I have to bribe to lose Bruce's batteries permanently?

2. Natalie, Artem, that was fantastic...artistic...cutting edge...however, now that you've managed to learn to waft, can we have some dance?

3. I think Greg the floor manager needs to look to his job, as he obviously gave Craig and Len the wrong scripts this week.

4. Ashley mate, just jack it in. You could dance all ten dances at once whilst juggling three mince pies and whistling La Marseilles, and you would still get 35.

5. Susanna, you DID dance all ten dances at once whilst juggling three mince pies and whistling La Marseilles (or so it seemed) and it was crap.

6.(OOps!) Producers, time to give the tone deaf whippet who chose the music a long term holiday and let the pros choose their own music again. At least some of them might get it right.

7. (OOps again!) Producers, don't ever ever ever bring the swingalongadingdong back again.
  • Options
    *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I am sure I have seen plenty of pasos that are just as out of hold as Natalie's. Not sure why the judges picked on that dance, I liked it.

2. The music choices are killing this show for me. Please stop foisting inappropriate music on the couples!

3. Missed Mark & Iveta this week not the same without them.

4. I thought Patrick did well with the rumba, not a great dance to get in the later stages.

5. Susanna & Kevin will go down in history for that dreadful AT.
  • Options
    JosephFanAlisonJosephFanAlison Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Love Claudia
    2. Crap music
    3. As a couple I quite like Susanna but LOVE Kevin!
    4. It's unfair f the judges to criticise the celebs for choreography - they only dance what they've been given
    5. Really only agree with Craig's marks
  • Options
    Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    1, It's definitely less entertaining when everyone is good
    2, The judges seem to have decided that Abbey should win
    3, Susanna must be getting a huge public vote to overtake Patrick
    4, Len really does not like Natalie / Artem
    5, Three new pros of the five semi-finalists means that we're getting bored of the old ones
  • Options
    Bouzouki BoyBouzouki Boy Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Kevin should drink less coffee and do his homework.
    2. Artem needs to do his homework, does he know what ballroom dancing is?
    3. The producers need to do their homework. Do they know how to make suitable music choices for the dances?
    4. The judges need to do their homework.
    5. Bruce needs to do more homework.