Facebook Permissions

SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't want to go into my reasons for this (would be boring) but what I need to know is:

If I accept a friend request from someone, send them a private message, then delete them as a friend immediately after, will they still get that message I sent?

Many thanks.

Comments

• bhappyluvbhappyluv Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Yes, unless you block them.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhappyluv wrote: »

I have all my Facebook set to "friends only" - so would that count as blocking them? Sorry I am a total noob on this thing.
  • bhappyluvbhappyluv Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    No, to block someone you have to go onto their profile and select 'block this user'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, to block someone you have to go onto their profile and select 'block this user'

Thank you, that's a great help.
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can send messages to non-friends on Facebook, there's an "others" folder when you look at your messages on a PC. I do this quite a lot as I trade/swap Guiding badges and I don't always want to be a friend with someone.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member

I'm sure they'd still be able to see the message, it would just appear to be from 'Facebook User'
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they'd still be able to see the message, it would just appear to be from 'Facebook User'

That's right.

This might have changed but a few years ago I got pm's from this crazy lady on FB and I replied to one message telling her to go away, she sent me another 6 messages after that and then I decided to block her to get her to leave me alone. For some reason she was still able to pm me. Think it must have been because I replied to her but I thought the block would prevent her messaging me and it didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pucky wrote: »
    You can send messages to non-friends on Facebook, there's an "others" folder when you look at your messages on a PC. I do this quite a lot as I trade/swap Guiding badges and I don't always want to be a friend with someone.

OK I didn't know that. Will it be obvious to the person that they have a message?

Oh, and will it be private to them only. I don't want this to be broadcast on FB.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Sadeyed wrote: »
    OK I didn't know that. Will it be obvious to the person that they have a message?

Oh, and will it be private to them only. I don't want this to be broadcast on FB.

It will be obvious they have a message if it stays in the inbox rather than going to the others folder, No one but them can see it
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    It will be obvious they have a message if it stays in the inbox rather than going to the others folder, No one but them can see it

Unless they screen shot it and put it on their wall
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    Unless they screen shot it and put it on their wall

Well yes haha, But as of now it will be private.

Lesson is not to send things without thinking them through